Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 07-09-2018, 07:39 PM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: Episode IX

Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:07 AM   #271
Veteran

Just an small sample from a younger generation Star Wars Fan.

I was talking to my girlfriends boy last night. She has a 16 year old girl and the boy is 13. The 16 year old girl cares nothing about Star Wars that she says is stupid space movie.

The 13 year old boy was an avid Star Wars fan. Loves the Originals and made sure we went to every opening day with the new Star Wars Movies.

I asked him are you excited for the next Star Wars Film. His words verbatim. I really don't care about Star Wars anymore. I laugh and ask him why. I get the typical teenage response I Don't Know. I ask him if it was because The Last Jedi. Short teenage response yeah that movie really wasn't very good but its okay because the Marvel films are awesome. Then he goes on to talk about all the new Marvel movies coming out and how we have to pre order tickets.

When you piss on the hardcore fans like me. Try to court fans that are never going to be interested in "Stupid Space Movie". Then top it all off by just making a bad movie when there is so many great movies and worlds to explore now. "Marvel"

You are going to fail. There is just to many better options. It is extremely sad because if they would have just followed the books. This story could have been amazing.

Last edited by Nirvana58; 02-14-2019 at 11:13 AM..
Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:16 AM   #272
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana58 View Post
Just an small sample from a younger generation Star Wars Fan.

I was talking to my girlfriends boy last night. She has a 16 year old girl and the boy is 13. The 16 year old girl cares nothing about Star Wars that she says is stupid space movie.

The 13 year old boy was an avid Star Wars fan. Loves the Originals and made sure we went to every opening day with the new Star Wars Movies.

I asked him are you excited for the next Star Wars Film. His words verbatim. I really don't care about Star Wars anymore. I laugh and ask him why. I get the typical teenage response I Don't Know. I ask him if it was because The Last Jedi. Short teenage response yeah that movie really wasn't very good but its okay because the Marvel films are awesome. Then he goes on to talk about all the new Marvel movies coming out and how we have to pre order tickets.

When you piss on the hardcore fans like me. Try to court fans that are never going to be interested in "Stupid Space Movie". Then top it all off by just making a bad movie when there is so many great movies and worlds to explore now. "Marvel"

You are going to fail. There is just to many better options. It is extremely sad because if they would have just followed the books. This story could have been amazing.
Movies based on the Thrawn trilogy would have been amazing.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:21 AM   #273
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana58 View Post
When you piss on the hardcore fans like me.

You are going to fail. There is just to many better options.
Thing is, they didn't.

Not at the box office.

Not by the critics.

You can whine all you want but Disney is still cashing out and I'm guessing not only is IX going to do VERY well, it's going to set up X-XII and anticipation is going to be extremely high.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:41 AM   #274
mod-ish

Sorry to keep bringing up the Old Republic cut scene video - but that vid is a perfect example of how you can give the fans what they want while empowering women in a way Star Wars never has without jamming some SJW agenda down the throats of fans that couldn't care less about it to begin with. Star Wars fans just want an epic space opera to revel in, not some futuristic grrrrl power movie while all the men are either portrayed as cucks, bumbling fools, or straight up incompetent. The video and meme Clay posted shows that KK is fully vested in the SJW horseshit, and it will also be why she will forever be viewed as a mistake and failure for Star Wars and Disney in spite of how much money the movies under her watch bring in.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:42 AM   #275
mod-ish

Ha! I had no idea we had a filter changing "cvcks" into "outstanding citizens". That's funny.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:51 AM   #276
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Thing is, they didn't.

Not at the box office.

Not by the critics.

You can whine all you want but Disney is still cashing out and I'm guessing not only is IX going to do VERY well, it's going to set up X-XII and anticipation is going to be extremely high.
We will see once the movie gets closer and trailers come out. Kind of hard to for sure set expectations when we know nothing about the next movie yet.

However, Solo did fail at the box office based on what they were expecting. (Which is kind of sad since Solo wasn't really that bad of a movie. If it had came out before The Last Jedi it would have dominated the box office)

I really don't care what critics say. User reviews tell a different story.

My guess is movie IX has the lowest box office of this trilogy. Also toy sales will continue to go down. It is all about Marvel with kids now. I pray Disney doesn't screw that Franchise up like they destroyed Star Wars.
Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:54 PM   #277
Unsparing

Quote:
Thing is, they didn't.

Not at the box office.

Not by the critics.

Let me give you the very quick breakdown of Disney's foray in to SW from a pop culture and critical perspective:

Epi 7

Fans( initial ): Yay! New SW movie! Gotta' go see it! / Super Awesome! Glad I came! Totally redeemed crappy prequels!
Fans( passage of time) : This really wasn't that great, characters kinda' weak, but decent set-up for next movie.

Box Office: $$$$$

Critics: Good popcorn fare, soft reboot, nothing exceptional.

Epi 8

Fans( initial ): Okay, let's get down to work! Rubber meets the road here, please kick our asses! / Fan 1: Okay, not what I expected, but that's good! Really unique and different take on SW, can't wait to see where this goes next! / Fan 2: Are you kidding me with this shit?!?!? Off to the Internet I go to RAGE!

Fans( passage of time ): Fan 1: I'm sticking to my initial assessment and will not be swayed by the thousands and thousands and thousands of fans who now hate this movie!
Fan 2: I have successfully RAGED on the Internet and have explained, in GREAT and painstaking detail to the fans, of why this movie sucks donkey shit, how Disney has betrayed us all and is killing SW, and how we will combat this atrocity!
Fan 3( formerly a Fan 1 ): I number in the mega-thousands and have seen the light of the Great and Wise Fan 2, and I too shall join in the fight of defeating this Evil Empire! I have overcompensated greatly in my desire to see Disney continue a great SW legacy, and will now atone for my blind, fanboi shame!

Box Office: $$$

Critics( initial ): This was the greatest SW evah! Completely subverted my expectations! Yeah, there was some cheesy stuff and Rose was not the greatest, but the way Luke Skywalker subverted my expectations was off the wall BOSS!
Critics( passage of time ): Can 70% of us have a re-do, please? Thx!

Epi 9

Fans( initial ): Fan 1 @ 25%: Still in it brah, can't WAIT to pre-order my ticket!( totally unnecessary ).
Fan 2 @ 75%: Not a chance in hell am I supporting this garbage. **** you JJ, KK, and MMouse right in your bleeding eyeballs!

Box Office: $$

Critics: Mother**** THIS. ( wet fart sound )
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:56 PM   #278
World's Best Boss

Quote:
so now they are editing the original trilogy in these cartoon shorts to make luke and han appear less competent...the comments are amazing

what the **** lucasfilm

Bastardizing the original content is perhaps the biggest cardinal sin Disney is committing. They just do not get it. Stupid, stupid video. There are so many more ways they could have celebrated Leia's heroism without slandering the other original characters.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:57 PM   #279
I'll be back.

Critics didn't recant on their assessment.

Your post is flawed.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:03 PM   #280
Unsparing

Quote:
Critics didn't recant on their assessment.

Your post is flawed.
Well of course they didn't; they would lose any and all credibility if they did. But I can damned sure guarantee you a great portion of them wish they could!
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:08 PM   #281
I'll be back.

You are living in a fantasy world where everyone hates the movie as much as you do.

It is not so.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:53 PM   #282
Unsparing

Quote:
You are living in a fantasy world where everyone hates the movie as much as you do.

It is not so.
You're talking to the man who predicted:

a) A Chiefs playoff loss to Pittsburgh before even one down of regular season football was played in 2016, and

b) A Trump Presidency on the day he walked down the escalators at Trump Tower to announce his candidacy, and no I never once backed down from my initial prediction.

So to put it bluntly; I will be sure to wave "hello" to Kylo and Rey waiting outside the soup kitchen for their Daily Bread as I cruise swiftly by in my 2018 SS of Doom.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:01 PM   #283
I'll be back.

You are betting against the combined might of Lucasfilm and The Mouse.

I'm sure it will work out for you.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #284
Unsparing

Quote:
You are betting against the combined might of Lucasfilm and The Mouse.

I'm sure it will work out for you.
I Vill VEEEEN!
Old 02-14-2019, 10:43 PM   #285
Mahomes Dynasty

Cant wait for more scenes and dialogue with Finn and Rose

Seriously though...the franchise now is a god damn dumpster fire.

Disney doesn't care though...Star Wars is about making toys/merch more than it is making movies, they can make it as ****ing shitty as they want to...and they have.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.