Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 07-09-2018, 07:39 PM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: Episode IX

Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:15 PM   #181
mod-ish

Your theory sounds about as good as anything I've read on Rey, Clay. I never quite understood her "dark side" encounter with her looking at an infinity mirror; maybe the Force is trying to tell her she's an anomaly? But then, why didn't Luke immediately "feel" her as a part of himself and/or Palpatine when he turned the Force back on (gag)? Eh, whatever.

But good job catching the right hand references. No doubt that means "something"....
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:25 PM   #182
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Kylo isn't terrible.
This is correct. He is not terrible. In fact, he is not anything. He's neither good nor evil, exciting nor dull, COMPLETELY ambiguous.

If Kylo Ren were an action figure from the 70's, he would be..."Snaggletooth". Or perhaps "Hammerhead"; the action figures you buy to round out your collection, but which never see any real play time.

Kylo Ren: The PERFECT antagonist for the Disney/KK/JJ pile of shit known as the post-Jedi Trilogy.

Quote:
He's the most interesting Star Wars character ever.
I am the most interesting person ever.( See, I can play make-believe too! )

Quote:
They have him set up for a redemption arc. There is your drama.
Hardly. First, NO ONE wants to see him redeemed. #fact. Secondly, what in God's name makes you think that a series of movies that can't even conjure up a genuine, emotional response from the fan base( ASIDE from nostalgia, please ), is going to suddenly learn how to impart "drama" in to it's soulless, lifeless, and pointless characters?

Face it home-run; the trilogy aspect of the SW universe is dead, dead, dead. All that remains is whatever Dave Filoni can get tagged for, and hopefully a good stand-a-lone movie or three.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:35 PM   #183
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
What is this from?
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 01-22-2019, 02:45 PM   #184
mod-ish

Just fan concept art, I believe. That's been around since before TFA, iirc.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:09 PM   #185
I'll be back.

Yeah that's from the ILM art challenge.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:19 PM   #186
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Your theory sounds about as good as anything I've read on Rey, Clay. I never quite understood her "dark side" encounter with her looking at an infinity mirror; maybe the Force is trying to tell her she's an anomaly? But then, why didn't Luke immediately "feel" her as a part of himself and/or Palpatine when he turned the Force back on (gag)? Eh, whatever.

But good job catching the right hand references. No doubt that means "something"....
I mean, you hope it does.

I also hope the Knights of Ren sole purpose wasn't a throwaway line in the first movie. That's a problem you run into when you don't plan out all 3 movies in advance. I love Clay's theory - and would be ALL about it. It'd be a great way to continue and honor the Skywalker legacy, one that's taken a hit since the reboot.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:40 PM   #187
mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I mean, you hope it does.

I also hope the Knights of Ren sole purpose wasn't a throwaway line in the first movie. That's a problem you run into when you don't plan out all 3 movies in advance. I love Clay's theory - and would be ALL about it. It'd be a great way to continue and honor the Skywalker legacy, one that's taken a hit since the reboot.
Yeah, agreed with all of that.

Wasn't there a rumor floated that Snoke's Praetorian Guard were the Knights of Ren? Would make sense, considering how Rey and Kylo wiped them out (legitimately one of the best scenes in TLJ, but it would just fit the narrative if that was them).
Old 01-25-2019, 01:02 AM   #188
Unsparing

Quote:
SPOILER ALERT: THIS IS ALL MY OWN THEORY... but...

In one of the new cannon books, Palpatine has an underground base on Jakku #fact. If you watch TLJ with the idea in mind that Rey is a genetic experiment created from Luke's missing hand on Bespin, it's EVERYWHERE. The movie has closeup after closeup of Rey's right hand in key moments. Enough so that they'll look like easter eggs (to enjoy after the big reveal in Episode IX).

The very first moment in TLJ trailer was a clue. I think the entire mirror scene IS her realizing her worst fear, that she IS a clone and has no family. Her "parents" that sold her off for drinking money were indeed just that... scavengers that found Luke's hand and sold it to the Empire.

I'm just as psycho about Star Wars as all of you, and I remember the very first draft leaks and rumored outline of the The Force Awakens (at that time) started with Luke's hand floating through space after the opening crawl. TFA's first draft was going to be about Finn & Rey finding Luke's hand... I just think they switched it up and realized that could be a big reveal. My 2 cents, I think Rey also has Palpatine genes in her DNA milkshake. Because she always fights with anger (among other reasons).

This also "solves the problem" of her being too powerful, too soon. Kylo Ren clearly knows about "A GIRL" in TFA and is upset. He seems to go straight into trying to turn her let her know "she needs a teacher" because he has an idea of who she is and where she comes from. I haven't watched TFA for a long time but I would wonder if her hand is as called out in there as well...

There are about 20 other shots of exclusively her right hand in TLJ, as well as close ups of Luke's right hand and even Kylo Ren's. There's a huge right-hand theme there.
You need to work up a quick presentation and post this theory up on You Tube. I did a search there and at Google; NOTHING on a SW EPI 9 Hand Theory.

Let 'er rip; this could be your chance to shock the world!
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:44 AM   #189
I'll be back.

There's a guy out there editing The Last Jedi in it's entirety.

There are two big surprises in this trailer.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:23 AM   #190
BAMF!

Quote:

Well shit. That was better than the film. It's amazing what reversing one part of a scene can do. Seeing Luke pass the lightsaber back to Rey would have been an iconic moment, a literal passing of a torch, but instead, they literally chucked that shit off a cliff.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 01-25-2019, 09:57 AM   #191
mod-ish

The green saber is a nice touch
Old 01-25-2019, 11:07 AM   #192
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:

Nice. Best part - no Jar Jar Finn or his fugly girlfriend.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:13 AM   #193
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
Well shit. That was better than the film. It's amazing what reversing one part of a scene can do. Seeing Luke pass the lightsaber back to Rey would have been an iconic moment, a literal passing of a torch, but instead, they literally chucked that shit off a cliff.
{facepalm}

Ugghhhh......**** that movie, man.

Still just in awe of what a remarkable piece of shit that was.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:16 AM   #194
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
{facepalm}

Ugghhhh......**** that movie, man.

Still just in awe of what a remarkable piece of shit that was.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Episode IX and the Super Bowl equally.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:22 AM   #195
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Episode IX and the Super Bowl equally.
Just watching that re-cut trailer I was reminded about how many ungodly awful things that movie did.

I'm serious - did anything in that movie not suck? I mean I guess if I had the wherewithal to watch it again I might remember a time or two where I was like "Oh yeah, at least THAT was cool...." but I can't think of many occasions where literally every lasting memory I have of a movie is negative.

Oh wait!!! The silence when purple haired general crashes into an imperial destroyer. That little blip was visually and audibly just cool as hell. So yeah - almost an entire 1/2 minute of that movie didn't actively suck dicks.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.