Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 04-03-2019, 08:45 AM  
Stay positive, don't give up

Joker - Warner Bros. movie

New teaser....I'm intrigued

https://youtu.be/t433PEQGErc
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #121
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I haven't seen this movie yet but I've read reviews and from what I'm reading it seems "Joker" may have a slow burn decent into madness. How would you compare the tone of this move to Kubrick's "The Shining"?

The Shining is one of my top 3 movies of all time. I'm just wondering how you would compare the tone "Joker" uses to tell its story parallels to "The Shining".

Going to see it on Thursday so no spoilers please.
It’s more Scorsese than Kubrick. Specifically ‘Taxi Driver’ and ‘King of Comedy’
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:28 PM   #122
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I haven't seen this movie yet but I've read reviews and from what I'm reading it seems "Joker" may have a slow burn decent into madness. How would you compare the tone of this move to Kubrick's "The Shining"?

The Shining is one of my top 3 movies of all time. I'm just wondering how you would compare the tone "Joker" uses to tell its story parallels to "The Shining".

Going to see it on Thursday so no spoilers please.
Let me put it this way, if you enjoy The Shining type of a film, you will fall in love with Phoenix method acting. I would be shocked if Phoenix doesn't have to talk to a therapist after this role to ease his mind from what he did on screen, just incredible getting into the zone and truly becoming a madman.
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:29 PM   #123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
It’s more Scorsese than Kubrick. Specifically ‘Taxi Driver’ and ‘King of Comedy’
Which the director studied under Scorsese which is why the vibe is so mobish and perfectly fits that era of batman. What a ****in beautiful choice by DC.
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:50 PM   #124
Baba Ganoush

Just watched it and WOW!!!

Joaquin Phoenix did a tremendous job, definitely going to see it again. It was dark and brutal, but excellent.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:53 PM   #125
Cheat Death

What About Bob meets Falling Down.

I enjoyed it.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:54 PM   #126
April Showers & Easter 2024!

It is going to gross up to $90M from what I heard on the IMDB site there of news.
Passepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 10-05-2019, 10:47 PM   #127
Opie and Anthony XM 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
It is going to gross up to $90M from what I heard on the IMDB site there of news.
With an estimated budget of $55M.
Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:12 AM   #128
The Boom Boom Room

I wonder if DCEU retcons Leto's iteration which includes a different actor playing the character
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:52 AM   #129
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
I wonder if DCEU retcons Leto's iteration which includes a different actor playing the character
according to Phoenix himself, this was a one off movie. He had no interest in signing up for a trilogy or another movie as the Joker. Didn’t matter what % or the gross or artistic control he has, it has no interest for him.

Also DC said this movie doesn’t effect the DC universe timeline. Events are a stand alone in their own universe.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:58 AM   #130
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
according to Phoenix himself, this was a one off movie. He had no interest in signing up for a trilogy or another movie as the Joker. Didn’t matter what % or the gross or artistic control he has, it has no interest for him.

Also DC said this movie doesn’t effect the DC universe timeline. Events are a stand alone in their own universe.
I know, I'm engaging the opinion that Leto will be replaced and the new actor will have a different backstory
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:04 AM   #131
Banned

What a fukturd Leto turned out to be.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:56 AM   #132
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post

I'd be willing to bet a Downey Jr. type of contract (% of profits not actual $$$) would change his mind...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:08 AM   #133
Cheat Death

The extreme prep for the role, including a 50lb weight cut, makes me hope this is a one off for him.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:36 AM   #134
Supporter

It needs to be a standalone moment in time. I'd hate for it to be trilogized. It was so good that the 'batman moments' seemed completely unnecessary and tacked on.
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:02 AM   #135
Veteran

Hey can those that saw this please offer some help here.

Chiefs play tonight of course and my boys want to go see this.
My oldest is home from college and is 20 so of course hes fine.
My question is for my youngest.. hes 14.

Yes we know this is not Batman and Robin.

My question is with all the warnings out there I want to know is this fairly typical slash and blood stuff or way over the top?
Anything this side of lets say SAW is ok.

I'd rather not have my yongest see Joker rape someone then saw her head off..

Bottom line are all the warnings simply for .. do not bring your 9 yr old if they think this is POW BAMM..

And both my kids are smart I'm not worried about the mental/disturbing part.

Thx guys the internet reviews and forums are Vague on this.
The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.