Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 07:59 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chris Jones threatens to Hold Out

Well shit.

UPDATE 7/12/20: Things are looking good!

UPDATE 7/14: Looks Done!

Last edited by Dante84; 07-14-2020 at 11:28 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:35 AM   #121
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I know that's asking for trouble trading him to a division rival,
Pissing off Jones not paying him only to go to a division rival in which he would eat our interior line for lunch along with Mahomes ?? Because that IS our achilles heal on offense IMHO and allowing CJ to be motivated to boot. Yes DL usually disappear after they get their $$ BUT CJ would be motivated at least 2wice a year and I am not allowing any kind of situation where my HOF QB is going to get hit even more this year. There is no haul of draft picks worth getting Mahomey hurt IMHO.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #122
Veteran

Yay chiefs news!

Shit, it's bad news.
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli

Old 07-01-2020, 12:18 PM   #123
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I’m thinking that Veach thought he was going to have the money to pay Jones. Then the whole lesser salary cap shit hit because of COVID.
Covid was around before the draft, so that should have already been seen as a possibility.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.

Old 07-01-2020, 12:43 PM   #124
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
If they have to take a 2nd when the 9ers were able to get a high 1st for a lesser player, that's a pretty shitty look for Veach.

They needed to have a better feel for how close they were on this one, IMO. I had identified the Colts as a great landing spot for him before the Buckner deal, though I preferred getting their 2 second rounders.

If the Chiefs weren't damn close to having a deal done, they really needed to outflank SF on that trade. Failing to do so will have significant long-term consequences for KC.

I’m thinking a high second there and probably paired with another pick (4th? Swap of thirds? Future 2nd). Didn’t say that but was just thinking about the headliner piece.

I think you can place most of the blame here on the pandemic and the projected dip in salary cap. With a projected increase, Jones is extendable even with Mahomes’ new deal and you still have some maneuverability in the cap.

Without it? Man, playing around with some extensions to Kelce, mathieu and Fisher I can see a way to free up the year 2 cap room you’d need, but that puts you in place for a precipitous talent drain in 2022/23 as those guys hit the portions of those extensions where you probably cut them and take some dead cap hits.

Getting the Buckner deal done before salary cap implications of the pandemic were evident AND with no hint of problems between Buckner and the 49ers were factors, plus you had the 5th year player option for Buckner, which changed the dynamic a bit (since it wasn’t a tag year).

I think it’s a hindsight situation.

HAD Veach known the cap situation was going to get messy, torpedo his plans to extend Jones, and lead to media fallout, I’m sure it would have been played differently...
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 12:55 PM   #125
pie is never free

I have much faith in Veach getting this worked out

But if not, it’s not like the cupboard is bare along the front line... and of course we DO still have #15, so we’ll be fine
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:14 PM   #126
Rufus Dawes Jr.

My thoughts, not that they matter.

1. This ****ing COVID BS sucks. How it is messing with the Salary cap just sucks. No way anyone could have seen this coming. So it's not like Veach could prepare for it. We knew it was going to be tight the way it is to pay both Pat and Chris.

2. With the advantage of hindsight, I wonder if the Chiefs knowing what they do now would have given Watkins his walking papers. Now I'm not sure that fixes the Jones situation, but it couldn't hurt. And hell the Chiefs would still have Hill, Hardman, and D-Rob.

3. Despite all of that, Chris Jones was always going to threaten a holdout. Thats how these things work. Chris isn't being disrespected, but he isn't getting what he wants.

4. Holding out could force a trade, but I'm not sure that's in Jones' best interest. Its not like he's going to go to a better situation for him. Sure, if you want to force your way on to the NY Giants and get a big payday then yeah, that's possible.

5. Not sure why the NFL and Players Association can't figure out a way to give teams some sort of relief with next year's salary cap. It's a one year issue, I'm sure a creative solution can be found, like valuing contracts at 90% for cap purposes or something. I don't know.

While the Chiefs have a problem with Jones, I think ultimately its a problem for the entire NFL, the Chiefs due to their upcoming free agents are just having to deal with it sooner than the rest of the league.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:31 PM   #127
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
My thoughts, not that they matter.

1. This ****ing COVID BS sucks. How it is messing with the Salary cap just sucks. No way anyone could have seen this coming. So it's not like Veach could prepare for it. We knew it was going to be tight the way it is to pay both Pat and Chris.

2. With the advantage of hindsight, I wonder if the Chiefs knowing what they do now would have given Watkins his walking papers. Now I'm not sure that fixes the Jones situation, but it couldn't hurt. And hell the Chiefs would still have Hill, Hardman, and D-Rob.

3. Despite all of that, Chris Jones was always going to threaten a holdout. Thats how these things work. Chris isn't being disrespected, but he isn't getting what he wants.

4. Holding out could force a trade, but I'm not sure that's in Jones' best interest. Its not like he's going to go to a better situation for him. Sure, if you want to force your way on to the NY Giants and get a big payday then yeah, that's possible.

5. Not sure why the NFL and Players Association can't figure out a way to give teams some sort of relief with next year's salary cap. It's a one year issue, I'm sure a creative solution can be found, like valuing contracts at 90% for cap purposes or something. I don't know.

While the Chiefs have a problem with Jones, I think ultimately its a problem for the entire NFL, the Chiefs due to their upcoming free agents are just having to deal with it sooner than the rest of the league.
Adam Schefter was speculating BEFORE THE DRAFT that the salary cap could decrease in 2021. So we're supposed to believe an NFL reporter is more aware of the implications of Covid-19 on the salary cap than an NFL GM?
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:37 PM   #128
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Adam Schefter was speculating BEFORE THE DRAFT that the salary cap could decrease in 2021. So we're supposed to believe an NFL reporter is more aware of the implications of Covid-19 on the salary cap than an NFL GM?
The Chiefs are in this spot because they finally have an all world QB that they can now extend. Its really that simple. The problem has been compounded by COVID
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:46 PM   #129
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
The Chiefs are in this spot because they finally have an all world QB that they can now extend. Its really that simple. The problem has been compounded by COVID
I'm not debating that. But you said there's no way they could have known the effect Covid-19 would have on the 2021 cap, when Adam Schefter was already speculating before the 2020 draft that the cap could decrease. So either the decrease in the cap has nothing to do with the offer being given to Chris Jones, or it does have an effect and Brett Veach was not prepared as he should have been for all possible scenarios.

Patrick Mahomes and his upcoming contract extension has been known for a while, that's not a new variable by any means. In my completely unqualified opinion, the only logical scenario that makes sense is you somehow convince Chris Jones to play on the tag in 2020. After the season you tag him again and either extend his contract or trade him BEFORE the 2021 draft.

Trading him now/before the 2020 season makes zero sense, because doing so doesn't help the 2020 team at all in a season in which the mantra has been "run it back" with the same group.

If he sits out the season then they still ****ed up, because they should have done a better job of making damn sure they could extend him before the season to avoid the holdout or of trading him for a 2020 pick that could help this year.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out, to say the least.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:57 PM   #130
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Why do you always act like Veach is reeruned? I mean the man has slam dunked all over your bitchass again and again and you still pull this shit.

Let it play out and see what happens. FFS
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:58 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
To clarify, it’s $4 Million per year.

So we are talking about $12-20 Million total.
And what’s he leaving in the table by holding out and not taking his franchise tag money?
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:59 PM   #132
Hockey Town

I'm not going to get be upset either way, as good as Jones is, a defensive tackle is not the difference in us being a bowl team and not.

If anything this staff has shown me we should trust they can replace him if need be.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-01-2020, 02:16 PM   #133
Fish are scared of me

Heh, we lost Justin Houston, Eric Berry and Tamba Hali as well as Dumbass Dee Ford and kicked everybodys ass all the way to the SB. Hiring Steve Spagnolia made the difference along with Clark and Mathieu. If you don't think we can't live without Jones you're dead wrong.

Don't get me wrong. I love CJ and want him here but I don't want ANY player that puts himself before team and holding out is THAT.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-01-2020, 02:17 PM   #134
MVP

Quote:
Sure he was guessing. But other teams also were aware of implications so the market probably tanked as well. Do you take a 2nd or third? Not sure who would have been offering a 1.

I still bet with adding a game, increase in TV revenue ... The NFL worse case decides not to reduce the cap in 2021 even if it should go down under a calculations. Now that being said I think Veech bet prior to covid that there would be a huge increase.

But he can not sign Jones and gamble with not having the money to pay Patrick.

Jones is sort of in the grey area does he sign or hold out. Not sure the Chiefs really have a good option at this point.
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli

Old 07-01-2020, 02:20 PM   #135
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I'm not going to get be upset either way, as good as Jones is, a defensive tackle is not the difference in us being a bowl team and not.

If anything this staff has shown me we should trust they can replace him if need be.
We lose the Super Bowl but/for the efforts of Chris Jones in the 4th quarter of that game.

Seriously - watch it again. The batted pass saved the game - full stop. Without it there's a good chance we simply don't get the ball back. And Jones was a force in that entire 4th quarter.

Yes, Jones is a MASSIVE difference for this team.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Closed Thread