Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 07:59 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chris Jones threatens to Hold Out

Well shit.

UPDATE 7/12/20: Things are looking good!

UPDATE 7/14: Looks Done!

Last edited by Dante84; 07-14-2020 at 11:28 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:47 AM   #76
Veteran

I’d think having a good chance to play in a super bowl or four would be worth a slight discount. Don’t get me wrong he’s worth the money, but damn if your going to work your ass off I’d want to have as good of a chance as I could to go to the big dance
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:50 AM   #77
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
I’m confident Veach will do his due diligence but I don’t think he’ll get suckered into a bad contract that anchors the team down.
Anthony Hitchens has a pretty bad contract, although I guess you can say his $11 million a year or whatever he makes isn't as bad as the Houston/Berry level of bad contracts.

Frank Clark absolutely needs to turn into a top 5 DE, because he's making borderline QB money after 2020. His cap numbers goes from $25.8 million in 2021, to $26.3 million in 2022, and finally $27.8 million in 2023. Clark is likely gone after 2022, because that $27.8 cap number is insane and we can get out of the contract with $21 million in savings and a $6.8 million cap hit in dead money. Overall, not the most ideal contract for someone who doesn't appear to perform to the same level of similarly paid pass rushers like Khalil Mack.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:50 AM   #78
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
I’d think having a good chance to play in a super bowl or four would be worth a slight discount. Don’t get me wrong he’s worth the money, but damn if your going to work your ass off I’d want to have as good of a chance as I could to go to the big dance
I talked to Chris Jones Sr. for a bit* at the AFCCG tailgate, and my distinct impression was Jones was uninterested in a hometown discount.

*he asked whether I was a reporter, lol
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:51 AM   #79
MVP

The Kansas City Chiefs circa 2010-2016 would have to bend over backwards for a guy like Chris Jones.

However, this is a different time in the life of a Chiefs' fan. We have (arguably) the best head coach in the league, the best QB on planet Earth, and one of the best defensive coaching staffs in football. We have the two leaders and anchors of the defense already in Mathieu and Clark. We have a GM who has proven time and again he can find impact players.

I want to keep Chris Jones, but the fact is that we probably can't, and it's not going to cost us any Super Bowls if we don't. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, we mounted the most epic playoff comeback in NFL history without him on the field. It's a different world for us now. We have the new Michael Jordan playing QB for us.

We'll be fine.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-01-2020, 07:55 AM   #80
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Anthony Hitchens has a pretty bad contract, although I guess you can say his $11 million a year or whatever he makes isn't as bad as the Houston/Berry level of bad contracts.

Frank Clark absolutely needs to turn into a top 5 DE, because he's making borderline QB money after 2020. His cap numbers goes from $25.8 million in 2021, to $26.3 million in 2022, and finally $27.8 million in 2023. Clark is likely gone after 2022, because that $27.8 cap number is insane and we can get out of the contract with $21 million in savings and a $6.8 million cap hit in dead money. Overall, not the most ideal contract for someone who doesn't appear to perform to the same level of similarly paid pass rushers like Khalil Mack.
We don't win a title without the Clark deal, so piss off
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:57 AM   #81
In Search of a Life

Jones has made about 5 mil in his career but is gonna sit out of 16 mil gtd?

I’m skeptical
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:57 AM   #82
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Nobody is paying him that.
The Colts are paying Buckner $21M per. I think Jones is fair to ask for at least $20M per, and there are absolutely teams who would pay him that.

We just aren't one of them, it seems.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-01-2020, 07:58 AM   #83
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
We don't win a title without the Clark deal, so piss off
I don't disagree, but that doesn't mean the contract isn't still an issue. His contract is likely keeping us from extending Jones, and we likely don't win a title without Jones. I don't blame Jones for being upset, because if I'm in that scenario I'd be pissed if I were in KC from day 1 and see an outsider come in and get the money I was looking for.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:58 AM   #84
Veteran

Go get your bag Chris. Hopefully it's with the Chiefs but the man's play has earned a pay day
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli

Old 07-01-2020, 08:01 AM   #85
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Chris Jones is easily replaceable. In fact with Pennel ,Saunders and Nadi we don't need him.
Man you are on a roll today.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:06 AM   #86
Stay down bitch!

The other factor is we have plenty of young defensive players who will be coming into their second year playing in our coordinators scheme. Hopefully a lot of things will start clicking for them and some real studs develop. I’m not saying that’s enough to nullify losing Chris Jones but with our offense all we have to be is good enough on the other side.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:06 AM   #87
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
You’re telling me that when you were in your prime of jacking off hogs for a living that you never held out until the right hog farm was willing to pay you top dollar for your skills. I don’t believe it!
I was paid pretty good and like Jones I was probably in the top five talent wise. I could have held out for more but I liked my team and we were good. Anyway money can't buy happiness but it bought me a boat. And the boat makes me happy! Jones could buy a yacht with 16 million. I had to settle for an 18' Triton

If Jones really does hold out I won't like him anymore just like I didn't like Laveon Bell after he pulled his shit.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:10 AM   #88
Three-Pat

Jones has every right to hold out. He has earned what he is asking for. If the Chiefs are unwilling or unable to pay him that then they should trade him to someone who will. I know the franchise tag is good money for one year, but that’s it. After that same thing all over again. He wants to get paid what he feels he’s worth along with having long term financial stability. I imagine everyone else here would want the same thing if they were in his situation. One bad injury while playing on the tag and he will be dropped like an UDFA. That’s why players hate the tag so much. He also was franchised last year and still performed at a high level and was a professional about it.

I got it that Mahomes is and should be the priority. If the team doesn’t feel like they can afford him and Jones then let Jones go to a team that can afford him.
tredadda has disabled reputation

Old 07-01-2020, 08:19 AM   #89
Praise Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
The Kansas City Chiefs circa 2010-2016 would have to bend over backwards for a guy like Chris Jones.

However, this is a different time in the life of a Chiefs' fan. We have (arguably) the best head coach in the league, the best QB on planet Earth, and one of the best defensive coaching staffs in football. We have the two leaders and anchors of the defense already in Mathieu and Clark. We have a GM who has proven time and again he can find impact players.

I want to keep Chris Jones, but the fact is that we probably can't, and it's not going to cost us any Super Bowls if we don't. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, we mounted the most epic playoff comeback in NFL history without him on the field. It's a different world for us now. We have the new Michael Jordan playing QB for us.

We'll be fine.
we are a qb sneak away from not being fine
King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:36 AM   #90
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan View Post
we are a qb sneak away from not being fine
If Mahomes goes down, it doesn't matter if the Chiefs keep Chris Jones because they aren't winning jack shit.
KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Closed Thread