Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-20-2020, 12:38 AM  
Ain't no relax!

Danny Carey > Neil Peart. Fight Me...

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:17 PM   #91
Ain't no relax!

Good breakdown of the Pneuma video in the OP... Some of you dopey critics should watch this...

Last edited by Fish; 06-25-2020 at 09:25 PM..
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:23 PM   #92
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Yield and No Code are my favorite Pearl Jam albums, in gold part because of Jackie I's drumming.

LOVE him in the RHCP, too.
I think we just became best friends!

Pearl Jam is my band. I wouldn't claim them to be the best in the world but they're my favorite.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:31 PM   #93
Ain't no relax!

Rosetta Stone breakdown. As with the last vid, the transcription is in the details on the Youtube video page. Give it a try:

Old 06-25-2020, 09:38 PM   #94
Ain't no relax!

Vic Firth Artist Spotlight:

Last edited by Fish; 06-25-2020 at 09:49 PM..
Old 06-25-2020, 09:44 PM   #95
Ain't no relax!

Also FYI to those who might not know... he was born in Lawrence, KS. Went to Paola High School. Studied music at UMKC.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:54 PM   #96
Mod Team

Fish, you seem so much more refined than being a Tool. I'm kind of in shock.

MTG on the other hand...........
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:03 PM   #97
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I think we just became best friends!

Pearl Jam is my band. I wouldn't claim them to be the best in the world but they're my favorite.
The run of albums from VS through Binaural is absolutely essential.

Mike McCready is a total badass - I LOVE the live version of Red Mosquito from Live On Two Legs...
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:13 PM   #98
Ain't no relax!

Quote:

Hey, don't get me wrong. Tool fans are insufferable. Deserving of the reputation. But that said, I really respect Danny Carey a lot and his drumming style just absolutely spellbinds me. I was a drummer in high school. Had college drumming scholarship offers when I graduated, but I wanted to go into engineering instead. Regardless, he's crazy talented, local guy, and I just love his style. The way he can integrate different beats/patterns on snare/cymbal and still manage a different pattern on bass/etc, and then work them both together and change it up depending on the bass line... It's just really impressive. I completely understand the criticism though.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:14 PM   #99
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Good breakdown of the Pneuma video in the OP... Some of you dopey critics should watch this...
Yeah, he's a great drummer. When I was in junior high and high school (when I played drums in the marching band) I listened to Tool.

Don't care anymore. Now have a record collection of around 7000 records. Not a single one of them is a Tool record. Thought about grabbing Opiate for like $4 at cost from our distributor...but I haven't yet.

Adam Jones doesn't do much for me as a guitarist, and as great as Justin Chancellor is at what he does, I'm more into guys like James Jamerson and Duck Dunn these days. It moves me more. As a bassist, I like grooves. Funk. Soul. Real R&B. Groove. Flea, Bill Wyman, Ron Wood, John McVie, Paul McCartney, Andy Fraser, Bootsy, Eric Avery, Billy Cox, Tod Bowers, Jack Bruce, David Hood, Shonna Tucker, players like that.

I'm not saying Tool doesn't groove.. it's just not my groove.

And for the record, my favorite Rush record might be the one with John Rutsey on drums, the one with "What You're Doing", "Finding My Way", and "Working Man". More of a groove.

Last edited by rabblerouser; 06-25-2020 at 10:20 PM..
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:19 PM   #100
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Hey, don't get me wrong. Tool fans are insufferable. Deserving of the reputation. But that said, I really respect Danny Carey a lot and his drumming style just absolutely spellbinds me. I was a drummer in high school. Had college drumming scholarship offers when I graduated, but I wanted to go into engineering instead. Regardless, he's crazy talented, local guy, and I just love his style. The way he can integrate different beats/patterns on snare/cymbal and still manage a different pattern on bass/etc, and then work them both together and change it up depending on the bass line... It's just really impressive. I completely understand the criticism though.
Agreed on all that.

But **** Tool fans. They deserve every bit of shade thrown their way, and I love watching their panties bunch when i tell them that Tool sucks.

Phish phans may be just as bad...
Old 06-25-2020, 10:20 PM   #101
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Yeah, he's a great drummer. When I was in junior high and high school (when I played drums in the marching band) I listened to Tool.

Don't care anymore. Now have a record collection of around 7000 records. Not a single one of them is a Tool record. Thought about grabbing Opiate for like $4 at cost from our distributor...but I haven't yet.

Adam Jones doesn't do much for me as a guitarist, and as great as Justin Chancellor is at what he does, I'm more into guys like James Jamerson and Duck Dunn these days. It moves me more. I like grooves. Funk. Soul. Real R&B. Groove.

I'm not saying Tool doesn't groove.. it's just not my groove.

And for the record, my favorite Rush record might be the one with John Rutsey on drums, the one with "What You're Doing", "Finding My Way", and "Working Man". More of a groove.
No worries. We all evolve and develop different tastes. I created this thread in humor, hoping to have a crazy and passionate range of opinion. Was not disappointed. Music is a personal subject.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:24 PM   #102
left blank intentionally

Quote:
No worries. We all evolve and develop different tastes. I created this thread in humor, hoping to have a crazy and passionate range of opinion. Was not disappointed. Music is a personal subject.
Yeah MTG may have already died from the stroke he had earlier

Old 06-26-2020, 05:26 AM   #103
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Yeah MTG may have already died from the stroke he had earlier

You act more like a Tool fan than Tool fans.

Quote:
Because Tool is so ****ing annoying.
Quote:
Oh, whatever.

Every Tool song sounds the same.

And Tool fans SUCK.
Quote:
A ****ing queer-assed Tool fan telling me that MY taste in music is 'shitty'?

Maybe so, but I'm not into the whole art-queer for the sake of shock thing. Songs like 'Stinkfist" and "Prison Sex" just aren't my thing.

Maybe you identify with that shit. "Not that there's anything wrong with that..."

But the Beatles>>>>>>>Tool every single day of the week, AND they're not gay like Tool.
Quote:
Cool story. You enjoy the math and trying to count...

I'll enjoy good songs that tell a story without unambiguously gay overtones.

Quote:
****, I'd rather listen to ICP>>>Tool. Their fans aren't near as annoying as Tool fans are...

**** Tool. Tool fans who act like they're the greatest band ever turn me off from ever wanting to listen to them again.

Tool is like Phish for annoying incel people who sometimes take showers.
****ing clown.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:39 AM   #104
Mammoth penis

Quote:

Yeah I'M the one acting unrefined in this thread...
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:20 AM   #105
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
You act more like a Tool fan than Tool fans.

****ing clown.
Awww, poor baby.