Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 03-10-2020, 08:01 AM  
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

New Tom Hanks movie "Greyhound"

This looks good...Comes out in June 2020.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:55 AM   #31
In Search of a Life

Dropped today on Apple TV.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:27 PM   #32
In Search of a Life

Excellent flick. Much better than the trailers made it look.

Only 90 minutes long so no wasted moments and moves at fast clip. Extremely well made.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:26 AM   #33
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Excellent flick. Much better than the trailers made it look.

Only 90 minutes long so no wasted moments and moves at fast clip. Extremely well made.
This, I enjoyed it as well! Most was filmed in Baton Rouge, LA from the docked USS KIDD. Good movie
Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:03 PM   #34
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Just finished it. Loved it. Very well done.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:30 PM   #35
Ain't no relax!

Watched it today. Started off with a weirdly awkward exchange between Hanks and Shue. But after that goofy irrelevant bit, it was really great. Caught myself literally at the edge of my seat a few times with the action. Pleasantly surprised.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:34 AM   #36
Supporter

If anyone cares, the podcast Hardcore History Addendum podcast has Dan Carlin interviewing Hanks. It’s a really good goddamned podcast. I haven’t cared too much about what Hanks has to say about anything but it was a really good listen.

Is there a place I can watch this without an Apple TV subscription?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:59 PM   #37
Ain't no relax!

https://www.vidlox.me/enise1htvkbl

Malware app highly recommended
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:25 PM   #38
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Is there a place I can watch this without an Apple TV subscription?
There's a 7 day free trial available and after that, it's $4.99 per month.

My wife wanted (and received) an Apple TV 4K device for Mother's Day (even though we have 6 Roku TV's), which comes with a full year of Apple TV. They have a Roku app, so hopefully, I'll have time to watch this film in the next few days.

FYI, Hanks produced this film, which is part of the reason why he was so bummed out that it wasn't going to be released in theaters and going to Apple TV only, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I LOVE his work and That Thing You Do, which he also wrote and produced (while co-writing the songs) is a regular staple in my home.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:38 PM   #39
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

He also wrote the screenplay.

Very refreshing film as well. No agenda, no subplots, no preaching, just straight forward good guys versus bad guys. It's the kind of movie that could have been made 50 or 60 years ago, only with models in a big tank instead of CGI.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #40
fides quaerens intellectum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
He also wrote the screenplay.

Very refreshing film as well. No agenda, no subplots, no preaching, just straight forward good guys versus bad guys. It's the kind of movie that could have been made 50 or 60 years ago, only with models in a big tank instead of CGI.
Exactly what I thought. It even had the classic clapping/swelling music ending.

Overall, I liked it. It reminded me that anyone who signs up for the Navy is nearly insane.

I had no idea that U-boats needed to come up for air.
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:19 PM   #41
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson71 View Post
Exactly what I thought. It even had the classic clapping/swelling music ending.

Overall, I liked it. It reminded me that anyone who signs up for the Navy is nearly insane.

I had no idea that U-boats needed to come up for air.
The subs of that era could only operate submerged for limited amounts of time. While completely underwater, they ran on battery power, as the diesel engines required air to function. They would run out of both breathable air and power if they stayed under for too long.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:30 PM   #42

Quote:
The subs of that era could only operate submerged for limited amounts of time. While completely underwater, they ran on battery power, as the diesel engines required air to function. They would run out of both breathable air and power if they stayed under for too long.
A History channel website says they could be under water for about 2 hours. That blows my mind. I honestly thought they were roaming around for about as long as their food/ammunition supplies could last.
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:34 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
There's a 7 day free trial available and after that, it's $4.99 per month.

My wife wanted (and received) an Apple TV 4K device for Mother's Day (even though we have 6 Roku TV's), which comes with a full year of Apple TV. They have a Roku app, so hopefully, I'll have time to watch this film in the next few days.

FYI, Hanks produced this film, which is part of the reason why he was so bummed out that it wasn't going to be released in theaters and going to Apple TV only, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I LOVE his work and That Thing You Do, which he also wrote and produced (while co-writing the songs) is a regular staple in my home.
Damn didn’t realize Tom cowrote on TTYD, it’s one of my fav movies. “I quit”
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:40 PM   #44
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson71 View Post
A History channel website says they could be under water for about 2 hours. That blows my mind. I honestly thought they were roaming around for about as long as their food/ammunition supplies could last.
It's been many years since I've seen Das Boot. Seems like it would be a nice companion movie to Greyhound. Perhaps I'll watch it tonight.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:45 PM   #45

Quote:
It's been many years since I've seen Das Boot. Seems like it would be a nice companion movie to Greyhound. Perhaps I'll watch it tonight.
Unfortunately it’s about 3x the length.