Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Where would you like to move in the good old USA or Internationally
I would never move I live in paradise. (Where do you live) 13 20.31%
i would never move out of the USA but I could see myself living in? 12 18.75%
If the country has problems I would consider moving internationally. My points of interest are? 12 18.75%
I would love to live internationally at some point. My points of interest are? 27 42.19%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2018, 04:23 PM  
THE RED MENACE

Moving Nationally or Internationally

If you were going to move would you consider an international move ever? If you were going to pick another spot in the good old USA where would you like to be? For me I could see Austin in my not too distant future. If our country goes hard left I would have to look at the options at that time but I am going to start the process next year. I would love to look at Panama. I have seen several clients and friends move over the years. The most popular places have been Costa Rica, Philippines, Equador and Brazil but I know a lot of Brazilians. i can't forget Monaco for those with a lot of cash.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:51 PM   #91
Cheat Death

While Chicago is not my forever home, I'd like to keep a property here for frequent visits. And while I'd never give up my citizenship, I foresee myself being involved somehow in a small brewpub/cantina (brewtina?) somewhere in MX, with a stateside home in PHX/Tucson.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:55 PM   #92
MVP

Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:19 PM   #93
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I really would like to move to Colorado but I hate winter and I think Missouri winter is bad enough.
3 years in, I prefer the winters on the Colorado front range to Central Kansas'. The snow usually all melts the following afternoon in Southern Colorado. There hasn't been a single instance of black ice since I've been here.

The biggest thing to adjust to has been hail season (Late July-August)

Last edited by Chiefspants; 08-04-2018 at 03:16 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:57 PM   #94
Damnit Peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
It's beautiful but it's CRAZY expensive.

Like 100 dollars for a "cheap" meal. Booze is off the charts. Everything has to be imported.
Yep, I have been there several times. My girlfriend is from there.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:13 AM   #95
Stay down bitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
While Chicago is not my forever home, I'd like to keep a property here for frequent visits. And while I'd never give up my citizenship, I foresee myself being involved somehow in a small brewpub/cantina (brewtina?) somewhere in MX, with a stateside home in PHX/Tucson.
I was checking out some YouTube videos on Ajijic, Mexico on lake Chapala. It has a huge retirement and ex-pat community. The weather is damn near perfect plus the infrastructure has been pretty well built up. Really nice affordable housing and medical care. It’s just south of Guadalajara so if you want to come back to the states to visit you can take a cheap Southwest flight.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:21 AM   #96
EvOlVeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY View Post
So where is the new Ranch Nickhead located?
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY View Post
Australia is super expensive. How steep is it in NC?
Yes, but...

Minimum wage here is $18/hour, and everyone pays into medicare. But, yeah... a footlong at subway is $14
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:54 AM   #97
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
I have lived all over the world. The USA is IT for me.
Same here and that's a big 10-4 ....
3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.3rd&Long must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:49 AM   #98
Rookie

Would love to move to Hawaii. I love the idea of living near the beach since I love to surf.
jgk1982 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:54 AM   #99
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
I was in Durango 3 weeks ago and you're right, WOW!

I did however enjoy a few tasty beverages at the Steamworks Brewing Company. https://steamworksbrewing.com/

Otter got wind I was coming and left town.
Durango Brewing Company has some great beers as well.

I hope you did the narrow gauge train ride while you were there.

Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:55 AM   #100
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Long View Post
Same here and that's a big 10-4 ....
Military service is different. Your surrounded by Americans. You brought the culture with you to this foreign land.

People visit a foreign place and think this would be so cool to live here. Visiting a country is way different than living there. After about a year of traveling I started missing the USA.

Wasn't expecting that at all. I was having a blast traveling the world, yet I was missing the easy way to communicate, understanding slang, TV/Movies, people with my shared life experience up to this point. I don't think any of those feelings kick in until you are out of the country for at least a year.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:55 AM   #101
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Durango Brewing Company has some great beers as well.

I hope you did the narrow gauge train ride while you were there.
I did not, it was not running due to the fire and I didn't have time. I flew in there and had to drive down to Farmington, NM where I spent most of my time. I just got my Durango time in on the book ends of the trip. Cool place though, I see why Otter likes it.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:24 AM   #102
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
I did not, it was not running due to the fire and I didn't have time. I flew in there and had to drive down to Farmington, NM where I spent most of my time. I just got my Durango time in on the book ends of the trip. Cool place though, I see why Otter likes it.
Fire? Shit, didn't know that was going on. Should put that on your bucket list though, it's long ride that drags on at times but going through those cliffs is pretty damn amazing.

Just don't look down!
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:22 AM   #103
Politically Incorrect

I lived for a year in Toronto Canada and it was pretty much like living in the US only freezing cold at times. They have an AWESOME underground connector system to move from building to building during the winter, similar to Hong Kong.

Lots to do and a really underrated city IMHO during the summer.

I would love to live in Italy, Greece, Cayman Islands (almost did before I moved to AZ), and I may have a chance to live in the Philippines soon.

In the US I love Scottsdale even the blazing hot summer and a city like San Diego is really nice and I could live there. Loved Mountain View CA but it has just gotten crazy expensive and crazy left so no desire anymore.

Hate Florida and not a fan of Texas. Maybe coastal Georgia like Jekyll Island or Hilton Head SC.

Even though I am no country and western fan, I found Nashville to be a shockingly neat and larger city than I imagined.

Raleigh Durham and Charlotte also livable.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:32 AM   #104
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Yeah the cost of living is very reasonable. I know several people formally from Billings living there now and they love it.
Alright well I am going to start planning a trip. Ideally I would like to hit Roatan, Costa Rica and Panama. I might be making things harder than they actually are by not staying put long enough. They are all on my I would really like to check out for potential retirement program. If anybody has any advice I am all ears.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:52 AM   #105
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post
Australia

Yes, but...

Minimum wage here is $18/hour, and everyone pays into medicare. But, yeah... a footlong at subway is $14
When I was on my freighter trip, one of the Sri Lankans was telling me about working on freighters. He said that Australia has some sort of rule about minimum pay for sailors, and it's way higher than the standard. Something like triple the pay. So among freighter crews, they always want the Australia routes but no one gets them but the most senior guys.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.