Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-17-2017, 12:08 PM  
oxymoron

Netflix: The Witcher

Not much in the way of details yet, but it's under development. It's a pretty long series of books, not just a trilogy of games. Don't even know if it's going to be Geralt or someone new in the universe. Whatever it is, something tells me we'll see it sometime in 2018 or early 2019.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:43 PM   #31
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
Holy **** Cavill looks like he nailed it. Voice and everything. Still not feeling the actress playing Yen though. I feel like she's just never going to live up to my expectations for an on-screen Yen.

But the trailer looks bananas. They definitely did this right.
I felt like Cavill had too much emotion and not enough pragmatism.

Granted, I never read the books, but in the games, Geralt felt to me like an utter pragmatic with like a pinch of pessimism and a dash of fatalism mixed into his dry and sarcastic approach to life.

Maybe the games take place after the show's events and he's just a jaded, older self at that point? IDK.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:32 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Fantastic games as well.
I really liked The Witcher 3!
MelGrif is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.MelGrif is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.MelGrif is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:11 AM   #33
Banned

By the way, does anyone know wen will be the release of The Witcher on Netflix?
MelGrif is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.MelGrif is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.MelGrif is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #34
Tre Right, Three Jet Chip Wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Yeah, she's way not hot enough, although she looks better in this last one.

Of course, I haven't ever read the books, so my image of Yen is 100% the smoking hot fantasy goddess from the game.

Even though I always pick Triss.
Give her some contacts and Kate Beckinsdale would have been perfect.

You choosing the red snapper over the girl who likes it on top of equines, eh?
Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:40 PM   #35
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelGrif View Post
By the way, does anyone know wen will be the release of The Witcher on Netflix?
December 20.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:10 PM   #36
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog View Post
Give her some contacts and Kate Beckinsdale would have been perfect.

You choosing the red snapper over the girl who likes it on top of equines, eh?
Yes, Kate Beckinsale would have been perfect. But I seriously doubt if the budget had room for another big name salary.

As for the whole Yen v. Triss thing, I just look at it this way - they're both hot as hell, but one has a baseline of sweet and thoughtful, and one has a baseline of haughty bitch. I'll go with the nice one. And the one who didn't teleport Geralt into thin air over the lake.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:23 AM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
December 20.
Thanks!
Old 11-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #38
oxymoron

Received a very early second season renewal today. Netflix seems to think they have a hit on their hands.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:26 PM   #39
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Received a very early second season renewal today. Netflix seems to think they have a hit on their hands.
A month+ before release? That's....optimistic.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:12 AM   #40
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
A month+ before release? That's....optimistic.
I assume feedback from the trailers has been very positive, and assuaged most of the misgivings of both the book readers and the game players.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:01 AM   #41

Quote:
Yes, Kate Beckinsale would have been perfect. But I seriously doubt if the budget had room for another big name salary.

As for the whole Yen v. Triss thing, I just look at it this way - they're both hot as hell, but one has a baseline of sweet and thoughtful, and one has a baseline of haughty bitch. I'll go with the nice one. And the one who didn't teleport Geralt into thin air over the lake.
First play through of W3:WH I chose
Spoiler!

Second play through as much as I wanted to choose Tris for the same reasons you did I just had a thing for Yen no matter what kind of bitchy attitude or abusive relationship she brought to the table
Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:07 AM   #42
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
First play through of W3:WH I chose
Spoiler!

Second play through as much as I wanted to choose Tris for the same reasons you did I just had a thing for Yen no matter what kind of bitchy attitude or abusive relationship she brought to the table
Yeah, that romance going to shit part is brutal (game is five years old now, so spoilers aren't really necessary at this point).

There was an old game called Jade Empire where you could actually pull off the threesome with your love interests if you handled the dialogue just right, and it looked like that would happen here. NOT!
Old 11-14-2019, 02:42 PM   #43

Quote:
Yeah, that romance going to shit part is brutal (game is five years old now, so spoilers aren't really necessary at this point).

There was an old game called Jade Empire where you could actually pull off the threesome with your love interests if you handled the dialogue just right, and it looked like that would happen here. NOT!
I still see folks getting in to it because of the Switch port and I'm guessing we'll have folks on CP jump into the game after seeing the series on Netflix so I was trying not to be a dick and ruin the surprise.

Vidja game 3-some you say? You've piqued my interest,
Old 11-14-2019, 03:51 PM   #44
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I still see folks getting in to it because of the Switch port and I'm guessing we'll have folks on CP jump into the game after seeing the series on Netflix so I was trying not to be a dick and ruin the surprise.

Vidja game 3-some you say? You've piqued my interest,
It's a really old game - similar in style and feel to the original 2003 Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, only set in mythical ancient China. It was a lot of fun, but so old that it probably won't play on a modern OS.

Didn't show anything, either. Just implied it. But still, it was entertaining.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:47 PM   #45

Quote:
It's a really old game - similar in style and feel to the original 2003 Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, only set in mythical ancient China. It was a lot of fun, but so old that it probably won't play on a modern OS.

Didn't show anything, either. Just implied it. But still, it was entertaining.
It just got ported to Switch a month ago. I'm actually stoked so I can play it again when I'm traveling.

I was envisioning a Leisure Suit Larry-esque 3way ::