Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 AM  
Kind of a mod

Space Exploration megathread

Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

How to Watch a Live Launch

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

Last edited by DaFace; 12-10-2020 at 03:36 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2020, 01:36 PM   #3061
"Think BOOM!"

Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:09 PM   #3062
Banned

T -2m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtsvTQdRGYw
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:42 PM   #3063
Kind of a mod

Bummer.

DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2020, 03:20 PM   #3064
Kind of a mod

This isn't "exploration" so much as it's just cool, but if you are willing to get up before sunrise the next few days, you should be able to see the comet NEOWISE in the east just above where the sun comes up.

Also, Starlink launch tomorrow morning at 10:54am ET.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:13 PM   #3065
Sexiest Athlete

If this doesn't convince you that the moon landings were faked, then nothing will.....

https://www.iflscience.com/space/thi...nsFBTtRuI-9Kak
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:55 PM   #3066
Supporter

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:10 PM   #3067
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
This isn't "exploration" so much as it's just cool, but if you are willing to get up before sunrise the next few days, you should be able to see the comet NEOWISE in the east just above where the sun comes up.

Has anyone seen this yet? I've looked the past few nights when we didn't have clouds with no luck.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:12 PM   #3068
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
Has anyone seen this yet? I've looked the past few nights when we didn't have clouds with no luck.
I went out around 4:30am on Sunday and caught it. Shitty cell phone shot, but...

eDave caught it as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
NEOWISE over the San Tan mountains just outside Phoenix this morning.

Galaxy S10e. Pro settings: F/1.5,4". ISO400. 6 stacked frames (burst shots) to produce the final image using CombineZP.
It's been cloudy every evening here, though. Looking like it MIGHT be clear enough tonight. We'll see.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:13 PM   #3069
Kind of a mod

One tip is to use an app on your phone to help figure out where it should be. I use Star Walk 2 on Android, but there are probably a variety that could do it.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:09 PM   #3070
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
One tip is to use an app on your phone to help figure out where it should be. I use Star Walk 2 on Android, but there are probably a variety that could do it.
Awesome pics by you and edave. I use sky map but it isn't tracking comets. I'll either get up early or keep watching late.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:22 PM   #3071
Banned

Should be appearing after sunset now.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:25 PM   #3072
Supporter

Quote:
Should be appearing after sunset now.
What day did you take your pic?
Old 07-15-2020, 08:41 PM   #3073
Banned

Quote:
What day did you take your pic?
7/10. Around 4:30am.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=272
Old 07-15-2020, 08:51 PM   #3074
Supporter

Quote:
Thanks. I'm going to try in the morning. As of now I've only tried at night.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:56 PM   #3075
Banned

Quote:
Thanks. I'm going to try in the morning. As of now I've only tried at night.
I don't believe it is visible in the morning. Look how far it traveled between mine and Daface's pics which were both taken at 4:30 local. And mine has mountains in front of the true horizon. She's outta there. I'm going to hike up a small neighborhood mountain I use to view monsoons coming up from the south through Indian territory and try and get a view but I bet S. Mountain will block my view looking north. May drive out tomorrow for another shot. Maybe climb S. Mountain but it sucks coming down at night.

Last edited by eDave; 07-15-2020 at 09:03 PM..