Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:42 PM   #38461
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Then the R0 isn't truly below 1 in those areas.
This is not correct. You can still have new cases when the R0 is below 1, but the number of new cases will decrease over time.

Let's say R0 is 0.8 and there are 100 people who have the disease. For simplicity we'll also assume that germination time for the disease is a week.

100 people will pass it to 80 the following week.
The 80 people will pass it to 64 the following week.
The 64 will pass it to 51 the following week and so on until there are no new cases several weeks down the road.

In comparison if R0 is 1.2 then

100 people will pass it to 120 the following week.
120 people will pass it to 144 the following week.
144 people will pass it to 173 the following week and so on. The number of new cases will grow without bounds until you start running out of people to infect.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:43 PM   #38462
Just a li'l Evel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Here's a nice scoreboard of vaccines in development.

I hate to say this, but I'm not sure that I trust a Chinese-developed vaccine. I'm hoping one of the American or European countries gets there first.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng...e-to-a-vaccine
Every other country the vaccine will be free. In the US it will probably be $1,000
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:28 AM   #38463
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:

I hate to say this, but I'm not sure that I trust a Chinese-developed vaccine. I'm hoping one of the American or European countries gets there first.

I'm sure the vaccine no matter what country it comes from will be fine to use. They are going to test the hell out of it especially if it comes from China.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:04 AM   #38464
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
This is not correct. You can still have new cases when the R0 is below 1, but the number of new cases will decrease over time.

Let's say R0 is 0.8 and there are 100 people who have the disease. For simplicity we'll also assume that germination time for the disease is a week.

100 people will pass it to 80 the following week.
The 80 people will pass it to 64 the following week.
The 64 will pass it to 51 the following week and so on until there are no new cases several weeks down the road.

In comparison if R0 is 1.2 then

100 people will pass it to 120 the following week.
120 people will pass it to 144 the following week.
144 people will pass it to 173 the following week and so on. The number of new cases will grow without bounds until you start running out of people to infect.
I stand corrected. Thank you.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:24 AM   #38465
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
Every other country the vaccine will be free. In the US it will probably be $1,000

Probably not true at all
F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:24 AM   #38466
Prestige Worldwide

Quote:

So, how long does Phase 3 takes?

Seems like the first 2 phases would take a couple months each, all things considered.
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:33 AM   #38467
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:

China was leading the research on this shit before it all started.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:33 AM   #38468
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
So, how long does Phase 3 takes?

Seems like the first 2 phases would take a couple months each, all things considered.
Normally, years, (as do Phase I and II), but this is not normal.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:04 AM   #38469
In Search of a Life

So they’re now thinking 40% of infections are asymptomatic.

Makes me wonder, do we know if influenza ever has asymptomatic cases? Not trying to be a flu bro, or whatever, just curious. I’m hopeful this whole ordeal will open our eyes to a lot of infectious diseases and how we can more combat them
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:55 AM   #38470
"Think BOOM!"

15,300 new cases in Florida
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:01 AM   #38471
MVP

BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:04 AM   #38472
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
15,300 new cases in Florida
I saw that. Low deaths so far. Miami-Dade was 3600 by itself. Weekend numbers for cases don't seem to be coming in low like had been typical
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #38473
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
I saw that. Low deaths so far. Miami-Dade was 3600 by itself. Weekend numbers for cases don't seem to be coming in low like had been typical
Their deaths have spiked over the last week, unfortunately.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:15 AM   #38474
"Think BOOM!"

Florida has a positivity of 20% New York is 1%
Old 07-12-2020, 10:22 AM   #38475
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
So they’re now thinking 40% of infections are asymptomatic.

Makes me wonder, do we know if influenza ever has asymptomatic cases? Not trying to be a flu bro, or whatever, just curious. I’m hopeful this whole ordeal will open our eyes to a lot of infectious diseases and how we can more combat them
I've read they think influenza could be asymptomatic in 60-70% of cases, give or take, and I believe that was the original ballpark of Covid, with I'm sure some assumptions of similarity in that regard.... I hadn't known that a while back, so at one time my reasoning for not getting a flu shot was that I never got/get the flu.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.