Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-24-2004, 08:25 AM  
Supporter

Handy-Man Corner

I'm tired of bad Chiefs news.....

I thought it would be a good idea for a thread on the Handy-Man.

Do you have any Home remedies, gadgets you've made, advice on car repair, home maint, sollutions to kill weeds in your yard, bugs in your garden?

Use Coke to clean your batteries? That type of stuff.
Home made floor dry?
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:32 AM   #1171
MVP

There was a girl showing how to use a router to cut circles. She was hot and 4-5 months preggo.

cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:03 AM   #1172
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
There was a girl showing how to use a router to cut circles. She was hot and 4-5 months preggo.

And how far along is Kevin's pregnancy? Geez, haven't watched in a few years, but he's really puffed up in the face. . . . Is he on medication? I remember how meds puffed Jerry Lewis up something fierce there for a while.

---------

As for the arc templating. Normie used to shape large diameters with a pivot jig and a bandsaw.

He outlines the concept in the second segment here, about 15min in.

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:02 PM   #1173
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Making some progress on the new miter saw setup

Got the hood put together and the cabinet/drawers built. Hinges should be here shortly to mount doors then I'll trim the top out with some curly maple and put a hardboard top on it to make it slide smoother. I'll use MDF for my feed tables on either side as MDF gives the flattest profile.

That 12" slider w/ a 60 degree cut needs a wiiiiiiiide hood to not interrupt the range, so I'll create a couple of sliding doors to close the face when I'm making a straight cut so I can keep the suction up. I ran a new trunk over to that side of the shop so my 2-stage collection system has plenty of oomph for the job, but I can't have that wide an opening without wasting a lot of suction.

Once I get the Kreg stop system mounted to a couple of fences and get those installed, that table is going to be incredibly functional and by having 2 vents cut into that hood, I'll get pretty great dust containment. Awfully excited about how much that will help workflow.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:05 AM   #1174

Success!!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

The angles/measurements ended up just nuts on; literally a quarter inch to spare on the back. I'm going to wire in an internal outlet in the hood so I can make a small punch through the back to run a new cord and essentially 'power' the table and then plug the saw inside the hood itself. I really think this rig's gonna kick ass when all is said and done.

i'll probably get too clever by half and 'skin' the inside of the hood w/ some hardboard as well to get read of those rough spots on 1-sided ply that A) look like shit and B) will trap dust. It should be pretty easy to cut to fit and brad nail into place.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:22 PM   #1175
Supporter

Looks good DJLN
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Looks good DJLN
Thankya sir; got my wings built for it yesterday during the draft so I just need to get the fences installed and the track hooked up and it'll be fully functional. Then it'll just be hanging the doors and trimming it out.

Got a deal made on a 14" bandsaw yesterday.

1.5 hp motor I'm going to rewire for my 220 circuit, has a riser setup installed so it gives it 12" resaw capacity. With that much ass, it'll fly through most re-saws apart from real hard woods. It has a true rail system for the fence so you slap a tall re-saw fence on there and it's almost infinitely versatile.

I have a ton of rough cut walnut I got from my wife's grandma when she moved (over 100 boards that are about 1.5-2 inches thick and 8-10 feet long). I'm not gonna lie - I'm getting a hard as a diamond in an ice storm thinking about the veneers I can make with this saw and that walnut. I can do a bunch of 1/16 walnut veneer that's about 8 inches wide and could turn something as simple as that miter saw table into something that looks furniture grade by just skinning it with that walnut.

Have spent about 2 years talking myself out of buying a bunch of custom cabinets for my bathroom because it's about $10 grand. Well **** that - I can buy a couple of boards, make veneers and some new doors and rock and roll. I'll pay for this new saw 10 times over if I can get that all dialed in. I'll probably experiment by putting veneers in my gloss black fish tank stand.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:39 PM   #1177
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Thankya sir; got my wings built for it yesterday during the draft so I just need to get the fences installed and the track hooked up and it'll be fully functional. Then it'll just be hanging the doors and trimming it out.

Got a deal made on a 14" bandsaw yesterday.

1.5 hp motor I'm going to rewire for my 220 circuit, has a riser setup installed so it gives it 12" resaw capacity. With that much ass, it'll fly through most re-saws apart from real hard woods. It has a true rail system for the fence so you slap a tall re-saw fence on there and it's almost infinitely versatile.

I have a ton of rough cut walnut I got from my wife's grandma when she moved (over 100 boards that are about 1.5-2 inches thick and 8-10 feet long). I'm not gonna lie - I'm getting a hard as a diamond in an ice storm thinking about the veneers I can make with this saw and that walnut. I can do a bunch of 1/16 walnut veneer that's about 8 inches wide and could turn something as simple as that miter saw table into something that looks furniture grade by just skinning it with that walnut.

Have spent about 2 years talking myself out of buying a bunch of custom cabinets for my bathroom because it's about $10 grand. Well **** that - I can buy a couple of boards, make veneers and some new doors and rock and roll. I'll pay for this new saw 10 times over if I can get that all dialed in. I'll probably experiment by putting veneers in my gloss black fish tank stand.
Yeah. **** bathrooms. I’m getting bids on mine - nothing fancy - and mother of God. It’s a ****ing poop shack folks. It can’t be THAT expensive can it?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:34 PM   #1178
Veteran

Anyone have good knowledge of garage doors? I have a single car garage that has extension springs on it now that I'd like to convert to a torsion spring so I can put a direct drive opener on it.

I have overhead storage mounted to the ceiling above the door and there isn't room for a chain drive opener.

I had the Overhead Door company come out for a bid and they were quoting over $1200 for it, which is more than I was hoping to spend, and I wanted to see if I could do it myself. ($1200 was for the spring change, as well as an opener, it was about $500 for the spring portion alone)

The biggest hangup I am having it trying to figure out what I need for the torsion spring setup.

It is a 7x8 110 lb door. I know I'd need the torsion bar, probably just one spring, and things like the brackets and cables and drums and such, but I can't figure out exactly what I will need for it all and there doesn't seem to be a "set" of those, I just keep seeing all the parts instead.

I have time on my hands, and think I could get it done for half of what the bid was for at least, I just want to make sure I do the spring right if any of you know what I need to look for?
allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:58 AM   #1179
Cheat Death

Not so much handy per se but after installing shower towel bars, hand towel bars, toilet paper bars, and robe hooks in 4 bathrooms, I'd like to offer the hardiest mother**** you to mini allen wrenches.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:19 PM   #1180
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Not so much handy per se but after installing shower towel bars, hand towel bars, toilet paper bars, and robe hooks in 4 bathrooms, I'd like to offer the hardiest mother**** you to mini allen wrenches.
T handle set (Harbor freight) for larger sizes but this is what I have for small sizes.

Love it

cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #1181
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
T handle set (Harbor freight) for larger sizes but some small ones too.

SAE: 1/16 in., 5/64 in., 3/32 in., 1/8 in., 5/32 in., 3/16 in., 7/32 in., 5/16 in., 3/8 in.
Metric: 1.5m,2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm

I have both but this is the go to.
Love it

Last edited by cooper barrett; 07-11-2020 at 03:36 PM..
Old 09-09-2020, 03:08 PM   #1182
Mod Team

Have new, black stainless steel appliances. Of course a toddler also lives in this house.

Life hack learned today. He managed to scratch a large portion of the lower panel. Using a light polishing compound first, followed by a carnauba wax, about 80% are gone and the deeper one is much less noticeable. Thanks car care products!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:43 PM   #1183
MVP

try a black magic marker followed by clear nail polish let sit overnight wet sand then polish
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:43 PM   #1184
The Maintenance Guy

We now have all brand new Samsung black stainless steel appliances in our kitchen. Thankfully my only kid is moving to Nashville tomorrow. They might just be safe...
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:24 PM   #1185
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
We now have all brand new Samsung black stainless steel appliances in our kitchen. Thankfully my only kid is moving to Nashville tomorrow. They might just be safe...
Ours are Samsung too! We’re twins.

And now you know the trick for light scratches they may get!

Only child huh? Did he turn out ok? I’m thinking mine might be an only.....
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.