Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-28-2021, 04:53 PM  
Mostly Ignored

The Best Slice

It's a shame we don't talk about pizza very often here on Chiefsplanet Football Message Board. It's not too late to change that, though.

I want to hear where everyone had their best slice of pizza pie. What are your favorite toppings? Does pineapple belong on pizza? Do you enjoy Dave Portnoy's pizza reviews? What your favorite of the fast food pizza franchises? DO YOU PREFER CHICAGO OR NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA? I need answers, people.

One bite, everybody knows the rules.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:59 AM   #241
Politically Incorrect

I think some here are confusing good with cheap.

Take a trip to the East Coast for some real great pizza.

Even the OK places are good.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 08:10 AM   #242
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I think some here are confusing good with cheap.

Take a trip to the East Coast for some real great pizza.

Even the OK places are good.
Bullshit. There's just as good pizza in the Midwest.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:20 AM   #243
Mahomes Dynasty

In KC my faves are:

Tim's Pizza
Funhouse Pizza
Bronx Pizza
Minsky's Pizza

FWIW, Casey's Pizza is good for gas station pizza. Has to be fresh out of oven though, once that pizza gets anywhere near luke warm it turns to shit. Not a good re-heat pizza.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:28 AM   #244
In my youth i pray to keep

Minsky's is overrated and expensive af
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:30 AM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard View Post
That's quite possibly the most false statement i've ever seen. They literally make the dough right in front of you at the shop. I think you have it confused with someplace else.
Had pizza shuttle last night - can confirm. It's okay pizza (I like it) but it gets a lot of drunk bias too by delivering til 3 am.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:49 AM   #246
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother View Post
Bullshit. There's just as good pizza in the Midwest.
OK.

What are the Top 3 best pizza places in the Midwest?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:57 AM   #247

I had pizza every day when I visited NYC. My local Johnny's pizza is just as good as anything I had out there.

Giordanos is pretty good, but I don't know if you consider Chicago Midwest. Although it's a completely different style of pizza.

Everyone raves about Minskys around here, but I just don't really care for it. It's not bad (almost no pizza is) I just don't like spending $35 for one pizza.

Last edited by bdj23; 12-04-2021 at 09:03 AM..
Old 12-04-2021, 09:37 AM   #248
Politically Incorrect

I tried Minsky's once. It was OK. Not bad, not good. Just OK.

Maybe a 5-6 out of 10
Old 12-04-2021, 10:59 AM   #249
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
I had pizza every day when I visited NYC. My local Johnny's pizza is just as good as anything I had out there.

Giordanos is pretty good, but I don't know if you consider Chicago Midwest. Although it's a completely different style of pizza.

Everyone raves about Minskys around here, but I just don't really care for it. It's not bad (almost no pizza is) I just don't like spending $35 for one pizza.
Unless it's changed in the past few years, seems like Minsky's is pretty typical for the price of a non-'fast food' pizza place? Last time I was there, a 14" large was $20 and they're pretty generous about toppings and cheese.

I know their whole thing is "gourmet", which is kind of dumb, because it's not really... and at least not fancy/expensive just to be fancy and expensive.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:10 AM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Unless it's changed in the past few years, seems like Minsky's is pretty typical for the price of a non-'fast food' pizza place? Last time I was there, a 14" large was $20 and they're pretty generous about toppings and cheese.

I know their whole thing is "gourmet", which is kind of dumb, because it's not really... and at least not fancy/expensive just to be fancy and expensive.
I don't know what I did wrong, but last time I ordered minskys my tab for two pizzas was over $50 with tip and we even had a 20% off coupon.

The meat pizza they have with a strip of bacon on every slice isn't bad, but I think it's a "premium" pizza and those are expensive.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:38 AM   #251
MVP

Quote:
I tried Minsky's once. It was OK. Not bad, not good. Just OK.

Maybe a 5-6 out of 10
It was way better in the 90s. Imo
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:53 AM   #252
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
I don't know what I did wrong, but last time I ordered minskys my tab for two pizzas was over $50 with tip and we even had a 20% off coupon.

The meat pizza they have with a strip of bacon on every slice isn't bad, but I think it's a "premium" pizza and those are expensive.
Damn, a large Prime Cut is $24... I usually get that in a calzone.

But yeah, that's getting a bit extreme.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 01:44 PM   #253
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Ordered this guy last night after a week of seeing this thread getting bumped

Great thread TB

Boy howdy that looks ****ing good. This thread has had me wanting good pizza as well. I'm headed to Lafayette this afternoon for Holy Ghost release. I'm gonna have to seek out some quality pizza.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 02:06 PM   #254
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
OK.

What are the Top 3 best pizza places in the Midwest?
I've had plenty that are just as good as NYC and especially the Southwest pizza...much better in the MW
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:32 PM   #255
fides quaerens intellectum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Chicago Pizza and OG Co (and Walter Payton's daughter)

Thanks for sharing this. It looks great and I love to visit Chicago and have the standard tourist fare. I'm checking this out on my next visit.

I learned about Gino's East from Frazod. It's probably my favorite pizza dish.

Several chains have been mentioned, but I don't think anyone has mentioned some of those trendier brick-oven places, like YourPie and MyPie. I'm a fan of the Lineage at YourPie.
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.