Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-17-2015, 01:29 PM  
GBM 8-12-15

Covers you like better than the original.

I don't remember if we've done this before, but if we have, bite me.

Manfred Mann: Blinded by the light

Bruce Springsteen:
BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:31 PM   #91
Supporter

https://youtu.be/1NHV6NUEKNU

Shaman's Harvest- Dirty Diana
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #92
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post

And while I'm here...I'll throw in this.

Ah yes. Forgot about Manson. Easily has some of the best covers.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:41 PM   #93
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

I like Nilsson, "Without You" better than the original, I believe it was by Badfinger. I like Nilsson's "Everybody's Talking"better than the original by Fred Neil, although I LOVE Fred Neil (his song "The Dolphins" is one of the best songs ever) and I really like his original version of Everybody's Talking."
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:42 PM   #94
Starter

I prefer Joe Cocker's version of The Letter, but I do enjoy The Boxtops version as well.
Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:45 PM   #95
GBM 8-12-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla View Post
I have to say Metallica does a great job of covers they have done. "Garage Inc." is great front to back, Queen's "Stone Cold Crazy" is my favorite.
I really like their cover of Whiskey in the Jar.
BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:47 PM   #96
Starter

I also prefer Eric Clapton's version of I Shot The Sheriff. That whole album, 461 Ocean Boulevard, is great.
Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #97
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post
Oh, and a point blank statement -- ANY cover of ANY Bob Dylan song sung by ANYONE ELSE, with the single exception of The Times They Are A'Changing. I hate Bob Dylan's voice. Hate, Hate, HATE. Somehow, I think it works great for that one song, but otherwise, take that nasally crap and go away.

Best cover of a Dylan song -- All Along the Watchtower, by Hendrix.
I agree about his singing for the most part, but his first album can put chills down your spine with his singing on Fixin' To Die and See That My Grave Is Kept Clean.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:52 PM   #98
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz_Chief View Post
I also prefer Eric Clapton's version of I Shot The Sheriff. That whole album, 461 Ocean Boulevard, is great.
One of the few on here that I agree with.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:52 PM   #99
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

Haha this topic always gets me riled up because someone always mentions Johnny Cash's "hurt" which is way, way, WAY inferior to Nine Inch Nails's version. NIN's "Hurt" >>>>>> X 1,000,000 than Johnny Cash's version.

To be fair, I am a NIN fanatic... Ugh, I like Johnny Cash, but the hype he received from "Hurt" and the slap-dick hill-rods I'd hear at the dive-bars talking about how much better his version is than the original (when they hadn't even heard NIN's) just drove me up a wall...to the point where I had a difficult time listening to other Johnny songs for a couple years.
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:52 PM   #100
Kindness in words...

Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:53 PM   #101
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Guns N Roses really good at covers

Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #102
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
Haha this topic always gets me riled up because someone always mentions Johnny Cash's "hurt" which is way, way, WAY inferior to Nine Inch Nails's version. NIN's "Hurt" >>>>>> X 1,000,000 than Johnny Cash's version.

To be fair, I am a NIN fanatic... Ugh, I like Johnny Cash, but the hype he received from "Hurt" and the slap-dick hill-rods I'd hear at the dive-bars talking about how much better his version is than the original (when they hadn't even heard NIN's) just drove me up a wall...to the point where I had a difficult time listening to other Johnny songs for a couple years.
What gets me is the people who think that NIN covered Johnny.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #103
Starter

I don't know if I like it more, but Jeff Beck's cover of She's A Woman always sounds great to me, especially when I've been partying. They are so different that it is difficult to compare.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #104
Kindness in words...

Personally I like this one better than Hurt and Personal Jesus:

Soundgarden original:
Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #105
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post

I dig it. That's all that matters to me. Don't give a single shit if others don't.

Your friend,
David
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.