3. Hell or High Water
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
5. Blade Runner 2049
6. Killer Joe
7. Wind River
8. Gone Girl
9. Blue Ruin
10. Black Swan

(honorable mention : Killing Them Softly )
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:15 AM   #91
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heapshake View Post
My ranking would go

Rocky
Rocky Balboa & Creed
Rocky 2
Creed 2, Rocky 3 and Rocky 4
Rocky 5 (this one is quite a ways below all the rest)
I know that Rocky 1 and 2 were solid films. I tried to watch them again recently, but I don't know if it was pacing or what, but I just can't watch them anymore. I think that I only like 3,4, and 5 due to how much they represented their time. Not that the first two didn't, but I really remember the 80's and how much fun they could be
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:19 AM   #92
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
Here's mine ....

1. Drive
2. The Social Network
3. Hell or High Water
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
5. Blade Runner 2049
6. Killer Joe
7. Wind River
8. Gone Girl
9. Blue Ruin
10. Black Swan

(honorable mention : Killing Them Softly )
Solid list. I agree with the ones that I've watched. I need to get around to watching Fury Road. And on the basis of the six that you've listed that I have watched, I'll need to check out the five. Extra points for Killer Joe. Such a hidden gem, and those last fifteen minutes alone could get anyone to sit through it if it isn't their thing
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.
Old 12-22-2019, 04:50 AM   #93
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

Most overrated movies of 2010-2019: The Arrival, Any Star Wars, Mad Max, Gravity, Manchester at the Sea.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:53 AM   #94
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by banecat View Post
...Extra points for Killer Joe. Such a hidden gem, and those last fifteen minutes alone could get anyone to sit through it if it isn't their thing
I must of missed something about Killer Joe, I just looked back at my IMDB score and gave it a 5. I like strange movies, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Dr. are two favorites, but I thought McConaughey was trying to do his best Dennis Hopper impersonation. I rather see the real thing. I have to admit Juno and Gina Gershon were easy on the eyes and ever since Sideways, Thomas Hayden Church has been a favorite of mine.

The director William Friedkin has made some great movies and some weird ones. Who can forget Al Pacino in Cruising. Recent films like Bug was good and it gave Michael Shannon a break, and Jade was very good and I guess helped launch David Caruso. In the 80's To Live in Die in LA is a classic, French Connection and The Exorcist are the cream of the crop. I think he made Killer Joe as a satire, a joke on us.
DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:21 PM   #95
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Most overrated movies of 2010-2019: The Arrival, Any Star Wars, Mad Max, Gravity, Manchester at the Sea.
Never heard of it.

Not THAT overrated.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:44 PM   #96
Starter

In no real order:

Blade Runner 2049
The Master
Mad Max
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Sicario
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Skyfall
Snowpiercer
Django Unchained
Moonrise Kingdom
ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:58 AM   #97
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
I must of missed something about Killer Joe, I just looked back at my IMDB score and gave it a 5. I like strange movies, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Dr. are two favorites, but I thought McConaughey was trying to do his best Dennis Hopper impersonation. I rather see the real thing. I have to admit Juno and Gina Gershon were easy on the eyes and ever since Sideways, Thomas Hayden Church has been a favorite of mine.

The director William Friedkin has made some great movies and some weird ones. Who can forget Al Pacino in Cruising. Recent films like Bug was good and it gave Michael Shannon a break, and Jade was very good and I guess helped launch David Caruso. In the 80's To Live in Die in LA is a classic, French Connection and The Exorcist are the cream of the crop. I think he made Killer Joe as a satire, a joke on us.
I think that I liked it because it was different. Different doesn't always mean good. I'd argue that either WF maybe was a little lazy on this project, or went the other way, and tried too hard as a defense
Old 01-15-2020, 01:38 AM   #98
Veteran

Looking back at this list I forgot to mention Dunkirk. Definitely needs to be up there on my list, even Quentin Tarantino mentions it on his top 10 movies of the 2010’s. Decent little watch if you’re interested:

https://youtu.be/JpJK4MUAMDM
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:41 AM   #99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post

The Arrival didn't grab me either, but the story that it is based on is one of the best sci-fi short stories I've ever read.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:35 PM   #100
I could of gone pro

After American Hustle, I can watch Amy Adams in anything she does. I thought Arrival was the deepest in thought sci-fi I've ever seen. They went beyond just showing aliens, making contact, space ships, we had the future and the past all at once. I saw it at the theater and now a couple of times on HBO.

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-21-2020, 05:44 PM   #101
Starter

The Finest Hours

I first saw Chris Pine in the Star Trek reboot.

Then this movie.

And then in Wonder Woman, and then again in Hell Or High Water.

The man can act.

Last edited by TipRoast; 01-22-2020 at 03:20 PM..
TipRoast is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTipRoast is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTipRoast is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTipRoast is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTipRoast is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTipRoast is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTipRoast is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTipRoast is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTipRoast is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-21-2020, 09:28 PM   #102
www.nfl-forecast.com

Hidden Figures is a really good movie that I have not seen mentioned.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:53 AM   #103
Veteran

Prisoners
Nocturnal Animals
Gone Girl
Ex Machina
Argo
Dallas Buyers Club
Free Solo
Grand Budapest Hotel
What We Do In The Shadows
They Shall Not Grow Old

Lots of other really good movies, but these stuck in my memory.
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:22 PM   #104
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post
What We Do In The Shadows
Ooh!! Good one!! Lots of fun.

The series is pretty fun in it's own right, better in some ways because it has time to expand the universe.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:04 PM   #105
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipRoast View Post
The Finest Hours

I first saw Chris Pine in the Star Trek reboot.

Then this movie.

And then in Wonder Woman, and then again in Hell Or High Water.

The man can act.
Smokin' Aces. He is incredible.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.