Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 01-04-2014, 11:09 AM  
mod-ish

*The NEW Movies Thread*

Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:28 PM   #3331
Veteran

[QUOTE=Mennonite;14785109]mother! (2017)

An allegory apparently. It's one of those movies you watch to see wtf is actually going on and then when you get to the end you still don't have a ****ing clue.

I thought it was an ineffectual allegory about a struggling writer juggling a conflicting group of characters in an imaginary home. Actually it's an ineffectual allegory that "depicts the rape and torment of Mother Earth ... I (Jennifer Lawrence) represent Mother Earth; Javier, whose character is a poet, represents a form of God"[/QUOTE

The 3rd act of that film is bat shit insane. I couldn't believe what I was watching tbh. Kinda liked it too lol
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:25 PM   #3332
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heapshake View Post
I watched The Good Marriage on Prime. It is based on a Stephen King story. A woman discovers that her husband of 25 years is a long time serial killer. He knows that she knows and that's about it. It lacked any sort of tension. Worst movie I've seen so far this year.
sounds incredible
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 08:27 PM   #3333
You Sweetie!

how was The Lodge?
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:52 PM   #3334
I'll be back.

ya'll need to go see call of the wild

spectacular achievement in doggie CGI
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:12 PM   #3335
mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
Parasite did not deserve to win best picture over 1917.
Good to see Hollywood learned its lesson from the Shakespeare in Love/Saving Private Ryan debacle.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:03 PM   #3336
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

I’m not spending money on a dog movie lol
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:46 PM   #3337
I'll be back.

Because your inner child is dead
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:47 PM   #3338
I could of gone pro

Rented JoJo Rabbit from Redbox last night. I hadn't heard anything about it and I don't even remember when it was at the theaters. Then I saw Scarlett Johansson and the director/actor (Hitler) on a morning show and then the Academy Awards had it nominated for best picture.

It probably has one of the most unusual storylines someone could come up with. I got the impression it was a comedy, but it's more of a dramatedy. It's about a 10 year old that is in the Nazi youth corp and he is gun ho for Hitler. In fact Hitler is his imaginary friend who pops up now and then. Johansson is his mother, who is a Jew symphanizer and is raising the kid as a single parent. Sam Rockwell plays the kids Nazi instructor and provides most of the laughs due to the outrageous statements he and the others make, mostly about Jews. All the while Johansson is hiding a teenage Jewish girl in her attic, sort of like Anne Frank. The kid finds out and that's when the story really takes shape. There is a lot of drama, people being killed, a rabbit gets killed, you'll be somewhat shocked by it all.

I really liked the ending, I was going to give it a 7, but the last 20 minutes I ended giving it an 8 on IMDB. Probably one of my favorite songs is Heroes by David Bowie, and the films ends with David Bowie singing Heroes in German.

BTW, I finally saw Once Upon a Time..in Hollywood. Loved the film, the music, the sights, the clothes, everything, I was never bored. I think it's an age thing, I graduated from high school in 1968, so everything in the film seemed relavant to me. I really don't usually like all the drawn out dialogue in most of Tarantino films, but in this one, it was cool. I gave it a 10.
DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-26-2020, 02:32 PM   #3339
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
Rented JoJo Rabbit from Redbox last night. I hadn't heard anything about it and I don't even remember when it was at the theaters. Then I saw Scarlett Johansson and the director/actor (Hitler) on a morning show and then the Academy Awards had it nominated for best picture.

It probably has one of the most unusual storylines someone could come up with. I got the impression it was a comedy, but it's more of a dramatedy. It's about a 10 year old that is in the Nazi youth corp and he is gun ho for Hitler. In fact Hitler is his imaginary friend who pops up now and then. Johansson is his mother, who is a Jew symphanizer and is raising the kid as a single parent. Sam Rockwell plays the kids Nazi instructor and provides most of the laughs due to the outrageous statements he and the others make, mostly about Jews. All the while Johansson is hiding a teenage Jewish girl in her attic, sort of like Anne Frank. The kid finds out and that's when the story really takes shape. There is a lot of drama, people being killed, a rabbit gets killed, you'll be somewhat shocked by it all.

I really liked the ending, I was going to give it a 7, but the last 20 minutes I ended giving it an 8 on IMDB. Probably one of my favorite songs is Heroes by David Bowie, and the films ends with David Bowie singing Heroes in German.

BTW, I finally saw Once Upon a Time..in Hollywood. Loved the film, the music, the sights, the clothes, everything, I was never bored. I think it's an age thing, I graduated from high school in 1968, so everything in the film seemed relavant to me. I really don't usually like all the drawn out dialogue in most of Tarantino films, but in this one, it was cool. I gave it a 10.
I thought it was really good . I have liked everything I have seen from Taika, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, What we do in the shadows, Thor Ragnorak, I like his comedy style he is able to find comedy in very unusual places.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:19 PM   #3340
the great pumpkin

I watched the Invisible Man today.

Wife leaves husband. Husband kills himself. Turns out husband ain't dead and has invented an invisibility cloak and terrorizes wife.

I must have missed something because I thought this was horrible. I was shocked to see all the positive reviews (I think it's around 90% on RT). I understand all that privacy & technology is a big deal these days and women being silenced is really in vogue but the problems this movie has shoots the message in the foot.

I started laughing during the last big fight. During the last third the cloak starts and stops "glitching" at just the right moments. There is a terrible sub plot dealing with her brother in law and the husband's estate. There is no reason given why this billionaire would marry this older ordinary woman. The cloak starts making sounds like Alien (but just towards the end). Apparently the cloak gives you super strength and the ability to be in very busy places and not have anybody walk into you. For some reason after a billionaire kills himself someone will come into his house to put sheets over all the furniture but doesn't bother taking the dead man's dog. There is no explanation for how the suicide was faked or how someone would explain the faked suicide after he's done terrorizing and decides to get back to his normal life or even why the guy needed to fake his death.

I enjoyed Upgrade but Whannell screwed the pooch here.

Of course - it appears I'm in the minority.
heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:53 AM   #3341
All about that Paper Boi

I thought they did a good job of making the lead actress seem crazy and showing the effects of PTSD from an abusive relationship.

.. but, yeah. You can't really think too much about it. I was screaming inside every time she was saying she couldn't talk because he was in the room with them. Just ****ing run around the room with your arms outstretched until you snag him.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:39 PM   #3342
the great pumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

I enjoyed this quite a bit. The CGI bothered me some at the beginning (when Buck was first around other dogs I half expected them to start talking) but after awhile I got used to it. The kids loved it.
heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #3343
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

SQUID BONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:19 PM   #3344
Resident Glue Sniffer

Holy shit that looks badass.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:27 AM   #3345
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
Holy shit that looks badass.
That reminds me of so many great Navy war movies, Richard Widmark, Kirk Douglas, Tom Hanks will carry the banner now. When I first got my driver's license and the first movie I could drive myself to was "In Harm's Way", and I still remember that day. For those in Pinellas County, it was the State Theater in downtown St. Petersburg. Before it was a concert hall, they showed movies there. This is definitely on my radar to see, after 1917 I'm ready for another war movie.

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli