Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 01-04-2014, 11:09 AM  
mod-ish

*The NEW Movies Thread*

Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:39 PM   #3316
MVP

I haven't heard one negative word about Parasite. Going to see it this week. Every foreign film I end up watching seems to deliver (Pan's Labyrinth, The Raid).
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:50 PM   #3317
the great pumpkin

I watched Gretel & Hansel today. I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out ok. It feels like The Witch or It Comes at Night. It has a slow pace (but comes in under 90 minutes) and has some nice visuals. Unfortunately things fall apart by the end. I'm not sure why they tied this to the fairy tale because I don't think that is going to draw folks to see it and it only follows the story in the broadest sense (woman attracts starving kids with food). I would suggest folks that liked The Witch to watch it.
heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:05 AM   #3318
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
I highly recommend seeing Uncut Gems in theaters folks. It was sensational and Adam Sandler gives a great great performance in it (Kevin Garnett was pretty good too and played a key role).
I'm 70% through as I had to pause it as I had to go to work. I am digging the shit out of it and I went in cold. No idea about much before I watched and wow is it great.

I hope the last 30% lives up to what I've seen so far.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:59 AM   #3319
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I'm 70% through as I had to pause it as I had to go to work. I am digging the shit out of it and I went in cold. No idea about much before I watched and wow is it great.

I hope the last 30% lives up to what I've seen so far.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:11 AM   #3320
Politically Incorrect

HO-LEE-FUK !!!

Uncut Gems just jumped into my Top 25 movies of all time. What a movie!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:38 AM   #3321
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
HO-LEE-FUK !!!

Uncut Gems just jumped into my Top 25 movies of all time. What a movie!
Guess the cat's out of the bag on my laughing at your prior post. . .
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:21 PM   #3322
I could of gone pro

I saw "Judy" last night, Red Box rental. I enjoyed the film, but I'm near 70 yo, so I think many younger folks would not be as interested in the film. It's basically a month of her life taken from 1968 about six months before she died at age 47. She's flat broke, sleeping on the floor at parties, has two kids in school that she has to dump them on her ex-husband, but wants to get a home and get her children back. She's making $150 for an occasional matinee show, but finds out the only way to make real good money is to go to England. Her older adult daughter Liza Minnelli is glossed over in the film with just a brief appearance.

She makes the trip and she is basically self-destructive. If she's not on pills, uppers and downers, she on the bottle, a real boozer and smoker. They have to drag her out the dressing room for her first show, which she pulls off and gets great reviews. Her problem, she married a much younger man while in England she briefly met at a party in LA and all is well, but for a very short time. Then things go sour and she gets smashed and goes on stage and basically cusses out the audience and gets fired.

It's a sad flick. I remember her at this stage in life because in the 60's Jack Parr had a weekly talk show, I think it was Friday nights at 10pm on NBC. Judy was one of his regulars, I think she did it for the money, minimum wage for an entertainer. She was usually high and spoke erratically and was a sight for sore eyes.

Judy Garland shortly before her death

Renee Zellweger as Judy in the movie

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-17-2020, 10:26 PM   #3323
the great pumpkin

I just watched Fantasy Island at the theater. I had no idea this existed until my wife suggested it (we have Regal Unlimited and time off so it didn't matter to me). I was thinking it was probably a bad comedy where a group of stars from yesteryear wanted a vacation and decided to shoot a movie to pay for it. Then I saw the Blumhouse logo came up and I realized it was horror. Then it started and I realized it was based on the show. Then I realized why I had no idea this existed. It is pretty forgettable.

The other movie my wife said we could see was Downhill which I hadn't heard anything about either. I assume it is about under privileged kids who go to the Olympics.

Considering how many movies we see in the theater I'm surprised there are two movies in the mall theater that I hadn't seen a trailer for or a poster somewhere.
heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:38 PM   #3324
All about that Paper Boi

I saw Fantasy Island on Sunday. You're right- it's totally forgettable.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:06 AM   #3325
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heapshake View Post
The other movie my wife said we could see was Downhill which I hadn't heard anything about either. I assume it is about under privileged kids who go to the Olympics.
Very different movie, unfortunately it's a retread and the French already did it better.

The original idea is pretty good, and it kind of turned into a meme when people thought it was true.

Family goes to a ski lodge for vacation, dad sees a [planned] avalanche coming towards the chalet, panics, completely forgets about his family sitting on the deck at a table with him and beats feet for safety, ostensibly leaving them to die. Now he has to endure the rest of the vacation where everyone, including said family, saw his cowardly act of self perservation.

Original movie - supposedly a sharp dark comedy

Old 02-18-2020, 08:10 AM   #3326
Resident Glue Sniffer

Watched, or tried to watch "6 Underground".

man, I was so jacked to see this movie. It looked so awesome in the previews. Wife and I couldn't even make it through it. maybe we weren't in the right mindset to watch it. I dunno. about 45 minutes into it, my wife looks at me, and I look at her; she smiles and says "this sucks". I said "yep". click, turned it off.

bummer. I thought it was going to be awesome.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:24 PM   #3327
the great pumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post

Original movie - supposedly a sharp dark comedy

I've heard good things about Force Majeure (and The Square as well). I went ahead and watched this despite its horrible reviews. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Granted - it isn't good. I love dark comedies but this just didn't have the punch it needed. The family dynamics are just meh. Now I'm afraid that if I watch the original my experience will be tainted by watching this version.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:34 PM   #3328
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I saw Fantasy Island on Sunday. You're right- it's totally forgettable.
I saw it last night, and with a lot of horror/thriller movies it came apart in the last act as totally meh and somewhat cookie cutter. It should've been a netflix movie at most.
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:16 AM   #3329
MVP

Parasite did not deserve to win best picture over 1917.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:57 AM   #3330
the great pumpkin

I watched The Good Marriage on Prime. It is based on a Stephen King story. A woman discovers that her husband of 25 years is a long time serial killer. He knows that she knows and that's about it. It lacked any sort of tension. Worst movie I've seen so far this year.