Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 02-08-2020, 01:22 PM  
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Is Apple TV Useless Or Am I Not Understanding It?

I bought a new iPad and activated the free 1 year Apple TV sub.

So near as I can tell it’s just a big collection of shows and services (HBO, etc.),you can pay for. There appear to be a couple of original content offerings.

So is it just an app to show you content you can pay for? What would make someone pay a monthly subscription for it?
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2020, 03:35 PM   #2
Veteran

The original content is free for a year and part of what will be a subscription service after the year is up.

The original content is very limited, but that's why its currently free for a year.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-08-2020, 03:59 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

I think they only have around 10-15 shows of original content currently.

I did like 'For all Mankind' I haven't watched anything else.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2020, 04:55 PM   #4
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
The original content is free for a year and part of what will be a subscription service after the year is up.

The original content is very limited, but that's why its currently free for a year.
Thanks, thought maybe I was not looking in the right place.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2020, 04:56 PM   #5
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
I think they only have around 10-15 shows of original content currently.

I did like 'For all Mankind' I haven't watched anything else.
Thanks for the tip.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:48 PM   #6
MVP

You can navigate to the limited content under Apple TV + icon. It’s kind of annoying pay stuff is everywhere.

Also liked For All Mankind but I’ll watch anything space related. There is a new one this week from some of the Always Sunny guys called Mythic Quest that looks promising.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-09-2020, 03:04 PM   #7
Shaken. Not stirred.

I loved it until I finished morning show and for all mankind. Now it's pretty worthless. Basically a service to sign up for other services. Amazon already does this and it's available on all platforms.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:47 PM   #8
In Search of a Life

It seemed like it has gotten passed by as many other devices/apps can match or exceed what Apple TV does. Can’t remember the last time I busted mine out.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:44 AM   #9
Ain't no relax!

Along with its own very minimal content, the allure of AppleTV+ is supposed to be that it can link up with lots of other services/apps like Netflix/Prime Video/YTV/etc and show media from all those sources within one app. So you don't have to jump from app to app. But the organization is shit, and it insists on shoving purchases at you that you don't want to pay for.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:39 AM   #10
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Thanks all for confirming. Apple must have some sort of long game in mind because it's unusual to see them face plant at something as bad as it seems they have done here.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:39 AM   #11
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Along with its own very minimal content, the allure of AppleTV+ is supposed to be that it can link up with lots of other services/apps like Netflix/Prime Video/YTV/etc and show media from all those sources within one app. So you don't have to jump from app to app. But the organization is shit, and it insists on shoving purchases at you that you don't want to pay for.
So Roku but not as good plus monthly fee?
Old 02-10-2020, 12:37 PM   #12
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
So Roku but not as good plus monthly fee?
Well, they have had their own Apple TV hardware box for a loooong time.

This is just them creating their own original content.

I do agree it is confusingly marketed.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:35 PM   #13
Veteran

I liked the morning show. Great cast and good script.
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:21 PM   #14
Supporter

Wait, im confused now...are we talking about the hardware or the subscription service?
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:30 PM   #15
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_omega View Post
Wait, im confused now...are we talking about the hardware or the subscription service?
The service, you don't get any additional free hardware for buying an Ipad or Iphone.

Also, I watched Servant and quite enjoyed it, only thing I tried so far.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli