Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 04-27-2021, 03:26 PM  
Starter

Chiefs Planet: Closest to 32 Challenge (2021)

Stealing this idea from Reddit in an attempt to add some first round intrigue Thursday for us Chiefs fans.

Here are the rules:
  1. Select the least number of players on the Google Form so that you are confident that you have EVERY player who will be actually selected in the first-round on your list. According to the Reddit thread I stole this from, last years winner needed to select 54 names while the closest runner ups were between 55-70. Moral of the story here is don’t be too tight with your picks because inevitably the Raiders will f**k everyone over by drafting a “Damon Arnette” pick. If you don’t get all eventual 32 players selected, you’ve lost.
  2. Among those who get all 32 first rounders correctly on their list, the person with the fewest total names on their list wins. Example: someone who only needed 54 names to identify all first rounders beats someone who needed 65 names.
  3. Tiebreaker (if needed) will be the extending the format into the second round to find the first unique selection. Example: Both players lists included the names of picks #33 they are still tied, but only player B had the name of the #34 selection, then player B wins the game.

Reward = bragging rights

>>> Chiefs Planet Closest to 32 Link Here <<<

I stole the names from the Reddit game to make things simple on me. The Reddit OP claims they are the top 150 names from a consensus board, it doesn’t specify which. There is an “other” option if you feel someone is missing.

Please only submit 1 entry. Entries will be accepted up until the start of the draft. I will share results Friday or Saturday.

Edit: It appears that there are two ways to interpret the rules in OP. See my post from today (4/28) below. I like both ideas! I will identify winners for each group. If you want to play both ways, feel free to make two submissions.

Last edited by Kellerfox; 04-28-2021 at 04:01 PM..
Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-27-2021, 03:41 PM   #2
Starter

For data junkies and curious minds: link to last years’s Reddit results
Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:39 PM   #3
MVP

Nice try trying to get my email
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:45 PM   #4
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
Nice try trying to get my email
You don’t want in on the latest and greatest pyramid schemes? Or photos of the worlds 50 cutest pets?

Is it requiring an email? I disabled that when setting up the form. Only thing I see is your response to “What is your CP user name” and the list of players you select. Is Google requiring a sign-in to participate? It didn’t for me, but I also leave my Gmail signed in on my tablet so perhaps it bypassed that step...
Old 04-27-2021, 06:50 PM   #5
Baba Ganoush

Submitted
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:51 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellerfox View Post
You don’t want in on the latest and greatest pyramid schemes? Or photos of the worlds 50 cutest pets?

Is it requiring an email? I disabled that when setting up the form. Only thing I see is your response to “What is your CP user name” and the list of players you select. Is Google requiring a sign-in to participate? It didn’t for me, but I also leave my Gmail signed in on my tablet so perhaps it bypassed that step...
Haha I was just messing
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:41 PM   #7
MVP

In
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:47 PM   #8
Most Valuable Villain

In
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:32 PM   #9
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Got mine in earlier
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:58 PM   #10
Starter

We are up to 12 entries! Will leave submissions turned on for another 24 hours.

Interestingly enough, it appears that the rules were confusing (no personal offense taken, I largely copied and pasted from Reddit as said in the OP). We are split close to 50/50 between two different groups.

Group 1: Picked 40-80+ players in an attempt to guarantee that every single first round pick is on your list by using the fewest names possible - if you miss 1 you lose (intention of the OP as stolen from Reddit)

Group 2: Picked 32 players with the intention of trying to accurately guess as many 1st round picks as possible

Both interpretations are fun! I can analyze and post winners for each group. If you submitted for one group/interpretation and would also like to submit for the other, feel free to do a second entry. I will assume that any submission with only 32 names marked is for Group B.

Last edited by Kellerfox; 04-29-2021 at 09:03 AM..
Old 04-28-2021, 05:24 PM   #11
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Lol I landed in the middle. I picked like 34 or 35 i think. So basically, a really shitty Group 1 entry.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2021, 05:48 PM   #12
Baba Ganoush

I did 32 because that’s how many players will go in the first round.

Kind of self explanatory.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 06:07 PM   #13
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Lol I landed in the middle. I picked like 34 or 35 i think. So basically, a really shitty Group 1 entry.
Won't be shitty if you correctly nailed all the first round picks! You'll be the winner by a wide margin.

I probably went too conservative, I think I had close to 75 names on my submission.

I went back and did a second submission with just the 32 names - some I'm entered for both games.
Old 04-29-2021, 02:25 PM   #14
Starter

Bump: we are up to 15 entries. I'll shut it down around the start of the draft. Hoping to share results late tonight... But it may slip to tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2021, 11:34 AM   #15
MVP

Don't leave us hanging