Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-25-2021, 07:40 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

The case for Tommy Tremble or any other high drafted TE.

We need an X WR. I’m not downplaying that by any means. And I wouldn’t be surprised to see them draft one at either 58 or 63. But will there be one of the highly rated WRs available.

By the time we get to 58....Dyami Brown, Tylan Wallace, Nico Collins or Amon Ra St Brown could be gone.

And if we stay at 58 or 63.....we aren’t drafting again until 144.

Why not draft a top TE if one is there and have Kelce be our X for all intents and purposes. Move him around and let Tremble or Long play the typical TE position.

Just a thought.

Feel free to roast me.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2021, 07:47 PM   #2
MVP

I'd have no problem whatsoever if they used 58 for Freiermuth, Jordan, or Tremble. I hold my breath every game Kelce plays. He's one of my all-time favorite Chiefs and he's been remarkably durable, but if he went down for any extended length of time we'd be screwed hard. Time to start looking for a solid TE 2 who can make plays.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:59 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

You're not going to see me make a case for any of these Tight Ends. Why would we blow a 2 on a player that will do nothing but sit?
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:01 PM   #4
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
You're not going to see me make a case for any of these Tight Ends. Why would we blow a 2 on a player that will do nothing but sit?
Because you missed the ****ing point of the thread? Kelce plays more of the X role in this offense and the rookie is the TE in situations?

Nobody we draft at 58 or 63 are immediate starters. Veach already said there are only 16-17 day one starters in this draft.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:03 PM   #5
MVP

The Chiefs seem to agree that they need some competition there aftering signing Blake Bell again to go with Sean Culkin and Evan Baylis. None scream "greatness," although I am interested to see how Culkin has come back from that Achilles a couple seasons ago because I thought he showed some promise at least as a good run blocking #3.

I'd love to see KC address the position but I'm just not sure doing it in the 2nd round is a good use of resources. Now, if a guy fell to day 3, I'd be all about it and even moving up to do it. I'd put it as certainly possible that Tremble is there day 3. I really don't think Long is.

As for the premise of sliding Kelce out to be an X type and adding a TE inline, I don't know about that. I'd much rather an actual WR that can do more things on the outside and keep Kelce operating the way he does. Having a #2 TE that can actually let Reid operate out of a dangerous 12-p package would be nice.

I guess I just prioritize DE/CB/WR over TE right now and would much rather some combination of those 3 as the Chiefs top 2 picks. I won't be disappointed if they disagree with me though and go this route.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:04 PM   #6
Most Valuable Villain

Hey....I’m not saying that we forego drafting a WR. I’m just not sure who or what is going to be there.

And we all know that Veach doesn’t just draft the players that we scream for all offseason.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:06 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Because you missed the ****ing point of the thread? Kelce plays more of the X role in this offense and the rookie is the TE in situations?

Nobody we draft at 58 or 63 are immediate starters. Veach already said there are only 16-17 day one starters in this draft.
No, I got your point. It ****ing sucks though.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:09 PM   #8
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
No, I got your point. It ****ing sucks though.
Dually noted. I can accept that.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:09 PM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Hey....I’m not saying that we forego drafting a WR. I’m just not sure who or what is going to be there.

And we all know that Veach doesn’t just draft the players that we scream for all offseason.

Yeah, I can't honestly remember the last time Veach drafted a player I liked, if ever. I kinda liked Speaks but I wouldn't say I screamed for him and he never was used how I saw him.

The only 2 I've been hammering on this year consistently are Tryon and D. Brown, and I really like Turner and Adebo. If he takes one of any of those 4 I'll ****ing jump up and down like a little girl, but I fully expect that won't be the case.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:15 PM   #10
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Yeah, I can't honestly remember the last time Veach drafted a player I liked, if ever. I kinda liked Speaks but I wouldn't say I screamed for him and he never was used how I saw him.

The only 2 I've been hammering on this year consistently are Tryon and D. Brown, and I really like Turner and Adebo. If he takes one of any of those 4 I'll ****ing jump up and down like a little girl, but I fully expect that won't be the case.
He has literally never drafted a player that I’ve pounded the table for.

Shit...the last player that the Chiefs drafted that I called was Dwayne Bowe.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:17 PM   #11
sorta mod-ish

I feel like htismaqe has been lecturing me for a month about this, but I want either a true X wide receiver or a legit receiving threat at TE2 out of this draft. Say what you will about Sammy Watkins, but when he was healthy and on the field, our offense looked different and more much more dangerous. Sammy was a great X for us and we're going to miss that type of guy if we move Kelce to more of the #1 option at X with a bunch of other 3/4 WR guys trying to take up space there, and that's also the reason to take a receiving TE2 if that is indeed how they're planning on Kelce getting used.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:19 PM   #12
MVP

I can’t see them spending top 60-ish picks on a player that will not garner many snaps. Not only would a TE be playing behind Kelce, but 2TE sets aren’t exactly the calling card of this offense. I am all for building depth behind positions of ageing veterans whether they are in their prime or not, but not with other needs and pockets of great prospects on the board at other positions.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:27 PM   #13
Baba Ganoush

I don’t know why, but I REALLY like Kenny Yeboah lol. Hell, I’m not even sure if he’s going to be drafted. Definitely a deep sleeper play.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:32 PM   #14
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I feel like htismaqe has been lecturing me for a month about this, but I want either a true X wide receiver or a legit receiving threat at TE2 out of this draft. Say what you will about Sammy Watkins, but when he was healthy and on the field, our offense looked different and more much more dangerous. Sammy was a great X for us and we're going to miss that type of guy if we move Kelce to more of the #1 option at X with a bunch of other 3/4 WR guys trying to take up space there, and that's also the reason to take a receiving TE2 if that is indeed how they're planning on Kelce getting used.
*not saying they're going to move Kelce from TE1, just saying if they rely on him like the X receiver in this offense

(felt this needed to be said before people got out the pitchforks, lol)
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:39 PM   #15
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
I can’t see them spending top 60-ish picks on a player that will not garner many snaps. Not only would a TE be playing behind Kelce, but 2TE sets aren’t exactly the calling card of this offense. I am all for building depth behind positions of ageing veterans whether they are in their prime or not, but not with other needs and pockets of great prospects on the board at other positions.
Maybe they will be a little more with the revamped OL.

I don’t see it either, but it would blow ass to as a defense roll out a jumbo package and still have to worry about Mahomes bombing you to death.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.