Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM  
best in the biz

Nzoner [and the Mrs]

Original OP about Nzoner's heart attack last spring is archived here.

Spoiler!

Latest on Kathy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Well, coming out of the weekend, 3 straight days of bad news had me feeling like it was time to prepare for the worst. Thankfully, she proved me wrong, and it seems like things have stabilized for the moment. Her critical care Dr did say her lungs were sounding better as of yesterday, so that's a positive. However, it also sounds like he made it clear that she has a long road to recovery in front of her. But at least there's a shred of hope to cling to for the time being, I'll take it and be grateful for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Okay, didn't take too much investigation to learn that meals are an issue for him. So here's my plan:

I am going down on Sunday to visit with him and watch the game. The Mrs and I will to do some grocery shopping prior to that and possibly prepare some meals for him as well for me to deliver to him.

Here's how you can help:

I need food ideas: After his heart issues earlier this year, he is on a heart healthy diet. Low fat and low sodium. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse so if anyone has suggestions for food or meals, please post them here. Please keep meal suggestions simple, we're willing to spend some time preparing things but we can't spend 4 hours making a heart healthy version of Duck a l'orange.

You can donate: If you want to kick in some money to help cover grocery costs I certainly will welcome that. PM me for details. For transparency's sake I will post a list of donors in this thread, but you can remain anonymous if you wish. I will also provide photos of what I buy plus receipts so there's no questions about where your money went.

I do have a couple other ideas I am pursuing as well, just need to figure out if there's a way to bring them to fruition. More on that later.

Last edited by DaFace; 11-10-2021 at 07:49 PM..
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:51 PM   #61
Kind of a mod

****. It sounds like he's doing OK at least. Happened to my dad a decade ago. He was down for a number of months recovering, but 10 years later and he's still kicking at age 70. Good vibes heading to one of the Planet's greats.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:53 PM   #62
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
He's better than that. Can't think of anyone who's come close to doing as much for so many people here. All the times he's opened his home up for us, dealing not only with the crazed drunken hijinks but the aftermath none of us saw. He and his wife should be sainted. Just not anytime soon.
About ten years ago, he and I road tripped to Texarkana to spend a week with Dole.

And anyone who knows Joe KNOWS he is a connoisseur of music.

He premade about twenty CD's for the trip and we rocked out the whole way there. Laughed our asses off at the podunk Arkansas towns and names.

Spent the week with Dole partying and listening to live music. Drank moonshine backstage! LOL

One of my favorite vacations. Seems like yesterday.

I love him like a brother.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 03:54 PM   #63
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Is this the fireworks dude?

Hoping he gets better soon.
I understand why you'd think of him for that (and, yes, that's him), but he's also the guy who hosted the CP bash for years. He's got as much to do with the culture of this place as anyone.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:54 PM   #64
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Just got off the phone.

He is great spirits considering what he went through. They had to use the paddles twice and administer CPR (which cracked a rib). Said it feels like he got hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. I was blown away about how calm he is.

They put a stint in and will know more in a couple of days.

Thanks everyone..
Thanks for the update Stevieray.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:05 PM   #65
**** the Raiders

Quote:
About ten years ago, he and I road tripped to Texarkana to spend a week with Dole.

And anyone who knows Joe KNOWS he is a connoisseur of music.

He premade about twenty CD's for the trip and we rocked out the whole way there. Laughed our asses off at the podunk Arkansas towns and names.

Spent the week with Dole partying and listening to live music. Drank moonshine backstage! LOL

One of my favorite vacations. Seems like yesterday.

I love him like a brother.

It was also draft weekend. And Blues Traveler was playing at a local music fest. I drove up from Tyler that weekend and saw very little of the first day of the draft due to being miserable on a couch in another room from a way bad hangover from the fest the night before (I account for a couple of those drunk hijinks Fraz mentioned).

He introduced us to the Kenny Wayne Shepard 10 Days Out album/DVD that weekend. A couple of those songs pop up in my play lists on a fairly regular basis.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:06 PM   #66
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Thoughts and Prayers
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:10 PM   #67
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post

He introduced us to the Kenny Wayne Shepard 10 Days Out album/DVD that weekend.
We wore that CD OUT. I still listen to it regularly.

Gatemouth? Hubie Sumlin?

Last edited by stevieray; 04-25-2021 at 04:42 PM..
Old 04-25-2021, 04:14 PM   #68
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I understand why you'd think of him for that (and, yes, that's him), but he's also the guy who hosted the CP bash for years. He's got as much to do with the culture of this place as anyone.
I tried to give him some business last summer but google maps took me on a wild goose chase thru KC and I never could find the place.

If I buy fireworks this year, I'll be sure to contact him and get the actual address from him.

Glad everything is alright, he seems like a good dude
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:36 PM   #69
The Maintenance Guy

I was on the road in BF Nebraska when I got the news, thanks for getting a thread up Stevie.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:37 PM   #70
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
I tried to give him some business last summer but google maps took me on a wild goose chase thru KC and I never could find the place.

If I buy fireworks this year, I'll be sure to contact him and get the actual address from him.

Glad everything is alright, he seems like a good dude
Google actually has the name of a competitor at his address, it's a ****ed up deal.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:41 PM   #71
Ultrabanned

Joe is an awesome dude. Very glad to hear like he is coming out of this thing alright. And thanks for keeping us in the loop Stevie.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:49 PM   #72
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Just got off the phone.

He is in great spirits considering what he went through. They had to use the paddles twice and administer CPR (which cracked a rib). Said it feels like he got hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. I was blown away about how calm he is.

Thanks everyone..
Holy shit. That's a close call and another reason all you folks should know and know how to do CPR.

Sounds a little like the ol' widow maker (left anterior descending) artery was occluded. Probably/possibly not, because that's a sneaky mofo. Sometimes no pain, just arrest.

Glad he didn't have to have his chest cracked.

Speedy recovery to Joe.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 04-25-2021, 04:53 PM   #73
Cool as a Cucumber

Glad they got things figured out, sending prayers for a continued recovery.
KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:55 PM   #74
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Just got off the phone.

He is in great spirits considering what he went through. They had to use the paddles twice and administer CPR (which cracked a rib). Said it feels like he got hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. I was blown away about how calm he is.

Thanks everyone..
Added this to the OP.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:02 PM   #75
MVP

Prayers he regains his health.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli