Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 02-18-2021, 11:11 AM  
Ain't no relax!

Mortal Kombat (2021)

New Mortal Kombat movie set to release April 16, 2021. Looks like some cheesy bloody fun...

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:59 AM   #61
How tall is this thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Scorpion yelling “GET OVER HERE!” put a smile on my face though.
Lol. Guy who speaks Japanese, fighting his sworn enemy who speaks Chinese, yells Get Over Here, in English.

Yes.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:28 AM   #62
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler View Post
Lol. Guy who speaks Japanese, fighting his sworn enemy who speaks Chinese, yells Get Over Here, in English.

Yes.
You must accept the cheese factor in MK.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:47 AM   #63
Mahomes Fanboi

This movie was fun... but it sucked. (For most of the reasons Wallcrawler already mentioned)

MK: Rebirth still kicks all ass.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:22 AM   #64
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
This movie was fun... but it sucked. (For most of the reasons Wallcrawler already mentioned)

MK: Rebirth still kicks all ass.
Yeah i watched it last night with my son.

As a 14 y/o, he loved it. I woulda too if i were 14.

I'd say that it was a better movie than that shit from the 90's.

It both sucked and was awesome at the same time, lol.

I felt like it embraced the cheesiness that is Mortal Kombat though, and didn't try to be something it wasn't. (Jax discovering his Arcano was just so )

The lack of a cohesive story and lack of character development, the weird time lapses, odd casting choices (im looking at you Raiden) and several other overlooked nuances were to be expected so i don't really hold it against the movie.

The comedy factor (mostly provided by Kano) and the fan service were cool and unexpected. I didn't expect to laugh as much as i did.

I thought they executed the spell effects pretty well. I sat there thinking i wish the Warcraft movie could've executed the spell effects this well, it woulda been a much better movie.

My one complaint though would be Cole's Arcana. Looks dumb. Rather boring. Built it up and unveiled, basically nothing more than an ugly magic shirt...
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:24 AM   #65

Oh and Im pretty sure Sub Zero and Goro make a return for MKII, assuming they get the green light for the sequel.

Oh and one more thing: I thought i saw Shao Kahn in the trailer, but i dont recall seeing him at all in the movie.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:50 AM   #66
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Oh and Im pretty sure Sub Zero and Goro make a return for MKII, assuming they get the green light for the sequel.

Oh and one more thing: I thought i saw Shao Kahn in the trailer, but i dont recall seeing him at all in the movie.
The Bi-Han version of Sub-Zero becomes Noob Saibot in the game so there's easy transition for a sequel.
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:04 PM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
I've heard "rumors" Johnny Cage wasn't in it because they didn't want anyone playing the "white savior".
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:13 PM   #68
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:

I’d better get to see Baraka.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:19 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Lee View Post
The Bi-Han version of Sub-Zero becomes Noob Saibot in the game so there's easy transition for a sequel.
Did not know that.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:37 PM   #70
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Yeah. It was ok. I put it in between 1 and 2.

Sonya and kano were the highlights.
Not enough sub zero and scorpion.

Wasted goro and went out like a bitch.

Shang tsung and raiden were underwhelming.

Also. Technically none of this was part of the tournament. How is obvious cheating not allowing raiden to intervene.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:55 PM   #71
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Yeah i watched it last night with my son.

As a 14 y/o, he loved it. I woulda too if i were 14.

I'd say that it was a better movie than that shit from the 90's.

It both sucked and was awesome at the same time, lol.

I felt like it embraced the cheesiness that is Mortal Kombat though, and didn't try to be something it wasn't. (Jax discovering his Arcano was just so )

The lack of a cohesive story and lack of character development, the weird time lapses, odd casting choices (im looking at you Raiden) and several other overlooked nuances were to be expected so i don't really hold it against the movie.

The comedy factor (mostly provided by Kano) and the fan service were cool and unexpected. I didn't expect to laugh as much as i did.

I thought they executed the spell effects pretty well. I sat there thinking i wish the Warcraft movie could've executed the spell effects this well, it woulda been a much better movie.

My one complaint though would be Cole's Arcana. Looks dumb. Rather boring. Built it up and unveiled, basically nothing more than an ugly magic shirt...
Kano - "Hey Gandalf what does my fortune cookie say?"
Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:03 PM   #72
BOOM!1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I’d better get to see Baraka.
Baraka, Sheeva, Kinataro or Motaro, please.
Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:34 PM   #73
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Kano steals the show, ****ing awesome iteration
He was a ****ing douchebag.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:35 PM   #74
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceej View Post
Baraka, Sheeva, Kinataro or Motaro, please.
The next one appears to have Johnny Cage..I imagine they would look to get Kitana, Baraka and Smoke into the story.

Oh, and I would totally nail Mileena even with the flesh eating mouf.

Last edited by BWillie; 04-26-2021 at 02:40 PM..
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:35 PM   #75
All about that Paper Boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
You must accept the cheese factor in MK.
Hell yeah. Honestly, I'd have been totally fine with it if they'd just used the original "GET OVER HERE" voice from the games. And if they'd have just had Liu Kang shouting gibberish as he was doing the Bicycle Kick.

Give me all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
I've heard "rumors" Johnny Cage wasn't in it because they didn't want anyone playing the "white savior".
Which is SO ****ing dumb. The premise is planet Earth fighting for its survival against foreign invaders. There are like 2 billion white and white-ish people in Earthrealm. It wouldn't be weird to have a few white guys on the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
Also. Technically none of this was part of the tournament. How is obvious cheating not allowing raiden to intervene.
Hah. Right?!? Wtf, bro. These dudes are literally in a temple named after you and explicitly told you they were there for some murder shenanigans. Why could you not just smite them all then and there?

On a similar note, this entire movie taking place before the tournament was a complaint I read a lot, but it doesn't actually bother me. Canonically, the MK tournament only takes place once every 50 years so you've kinda gotta drag it out a bit unless you want to have to turn over the Earthrealm roster with each movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Kano - "Hey Gandalf what does my fortune cookie say?"
When they told Sonya she couldn't train without the arcana symbol and Kano dropped the "****in' whoops" it sent me
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.