Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 07-17-2020, 07:19 PM  
Mod Team

Plumeria- California, Arizona or Florida.

Weird request, but do any of you living in these areas have a plumeria on your property? I just started growing them this year and I’d love to purchase a cutting from you. Amazing plants. There's literally 1000's of different varieties, sizes, color and smells. The smells can range from candy, perfume or even sun tan lotion! You won't get blooms every year until they're older and established, but the wait is well worth it. Cuttings are simply taken from a plant, dried out for 7-14 days and then placed in well draining soil. It's fairly easy to establish a new plant from a cutting.

My first and only flowering plumeria from May of this year. There's a light, fruity fragrance to this.

Last edited by lewdog; 07-17-2020 at 07:26 PM..
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:30 AM   #16
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbled View Post
One of the wife’s and my favorite parts of going to Hawaii is smelling them. Maybe the best smelling flower there is.
They are. Just incredible.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:25 AM   #17
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno View Post
I don't have any in my yard. My daughter gets Plumaria cuttings all the time. I remember her leaving a cutting on her porch floor for 2 months before she planted it, and when it was planted it came to life. Crazy plant. She has white flowered plants.
I don’t have a white one yet but they are stunning. They really are just crazy “sticks.”
Old 07-18-2020, 08:31 AM   #18
Someone pass the antifreeze

Lew, I’m plumerialess but I’m sure my landscaper tends to them on his other jobs. Will ask him to cut some for you.
MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:56 AM   #19
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAdragon View Post
Lew, I’m plumerialess but I’m sure my landscaper tends to them on his other jobs. Will ask him to cut some for you.
That would be awesome! I know in places like Florida that cuttings are many times normal landscape garbage since they’re so plentiful there.

And do yourself a favor and get one yourself!
Old 07-18-2020, 09:15 AM   #20
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
That would be awesome! I know in places like Florida that cuttings are many times normal landscape garbage since they’re so plentiful there.

And do yourself a favor and get one yourself!
I had no idea these things had value. Everyone has them in our neighborhood.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:23 AM   #21
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I had no idea these things had value. Everyone has them in our neighborhood.
They probably don’t much in Florida but they definitely do elsewhere! I can buy small cuttings Online from Florida or other states from $20 on up to very expensive.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:28 AM   #22

Quote:
They probably don’t much in Florida but they definitely do elsewhere! I can buy small cuttings Online from Florida or other states from $20 on up to very expensive.
how do you ship them and they survive, as you can see, we have plenty to share.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	57AB0D3D-A8A2-44F0-A647-9640B7F69787.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	120850   Click image for larger version

Name:	086BC82D-F647-4312-98E6-7C35CC6558A0.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	120851   Click image for larger version

Name:	C714CE8E-DFB4-47E9-98C1-2A3862ED091E.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	120852  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 11:33 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Go to a flower shop or a grocery store florist area and ask for a water tube for each. Fill the tubes with warm water over night. Then refill with regular water with a dash of sugar (soda will do). Seal it up as tight as you can with tape or something then wrap it thickly in paper towel. Throw a baggie over the tubes if you wish or your can't seal up the tube that good. Package in a box with plenty of cushion but allowing for movement. Label the box as plant or something, and mail that bitch out. I think I want one too.

Lewdog, if the water is dry upon receipt but the cuttings are alive, cut an inch off the stem then do your thing with it.

Last edited by eDave; 07-18-2020 at 11:39 AM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:37 AM   #24
Mod Team

Quote:
Holy shit those are stunning! Basically you cut a certain length from the top of the plant, usually 12-18”. Package with lots of material to avoid the plant getting damaged or cut. They need a few weeks to callous anyway so shipping shortly after you cut them requires nothing else.

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/start-...ia-100031.html

https://plumeria.today/how-to-grow-p...from-cuttings/
Old 07-18-2020, 11:39 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Go to a flower shop or a grocery store florist area and ask for a water tube for each. Fill the tubes with warm water over night. Then refill with regular water with a dash of sugar (soda will do). Seal it up as tight as you can with tape or something then wrap it thickly in paper towel. Package in a box with plenty of cushion but allowing for movement. Label the box as plant or something, and mail that bitch out. I think I want one too.

Lewdog, if the water is dry upon receipt but the cuttings are alive, cut an inch off the stem then do your thing with it.
Wife is visiting her Mom in Missouri. She says no big deal to cut some off for ya. When she gets back she can get you guys some cutlings. We can follow the Edave guidance. We have a 3rd huge one too I’ll get pics of for you guys.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:44 AM   #26
Mod Team

Quote:
Wife is visiting her Mom in Missouri. She says no big deal to cut some off for ya. When she gets back she can get you guys some cutlings. We can follow the Edave guidance. We have a 3rd huge one too I’ll get pics of for you guys.
No water needed man! I promise. I’ve had some shipped to me before. It’s just the cutting packed in so the flesh can’t be damaged. Nothing else!

Those are beautiful. Not sure the names since there’s so many!
Old 07-18-2020, 11:47 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
No water needed man! I promise. I’ve had some shipped to me before. It’s just the cutting packed in so the flesh can’t be damaged. Nothing else!

Those are beautiful. Not sure the names since there’s so many!
Yea go with this. Lewdog knows more than me on this one and I wouldn't want them ruined by over watering (number one plant killer). I was thinking how I used to ship roses.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:53 AM   #28
Mod Team

Quote:
Yea go with this. Lewdog knows more than me on this one and I wouldn't want them ruined by over watering (number one plant killer). I was thinking how I used to ship roses.
You’re right on the roses. Plumerias can rot easy. They’d much prefer less water to more water, which is crazy considering their tropical and flowering nature.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:54 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
You’re right on the roses. Plumerias can rot easy. They’d much prefer less water to more water, which is crazy considering their tropical and flowering nature.
Queen Palms are tropical and they are every where. I don't like them because you need a tree Dr. from time to time for them to last a long time.
Old 07-18-2020, 12:02 PM   #30
Mod Team

Quote:
Queen Palms are tropical and they are every where. I don't like them because you need a tree Dr. from time to time for them to last a long time.
Yup! Most people don’t realize they need special care to live a long time here. You need to try a plumeria!