Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-17-2020, 07:19 PM  
Mod Team

Plumeria- California, Arizona or Florida.

Weird request, but do any of you living in these areas have a plumeria on your property? I just started growing them this year and I’d love to purchase a cutting from you. Amazing plants. There's literally 1000's of different varieties, sizes, color and smells. The smells can range from candy, perfume or even sun tan lotion! You won't get blooms every year until they're older and established, but the wait is well worth it. Cuttings are simply taken from a plant, dried out for 7-14 days and then placed in well draining soil. It's fairly easy to establish a new plant from a cutting.

My first and only flowering plumeria from May of this year. There's a light, fruity fragrance to this.

Last edited by lewdog; 07-17-2020 at 07:26 PM..
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:27 PM   #2
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Nice. Almost orchid-like.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:29 PM   #3
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Nice. Almost orchid-like.
Yeah, kind of similar! Can be smaller blooms but smell amazing. They need a bit of work in AZ due to the heat and freezing temps, but it's nothing too crazy.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:33 PM   #4
Supporter

Whenever I get out of the shower, I swoosh some Gold Bond powder on my plum area.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:35 PM   #5
My Mamma Says

Nope..but I have one these...want it?? Its a bitch to feed...

Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:43 PM   #6
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Yeah, kind of similar! Can be smaller blooms but smell amazing. They need a bit of work in AZ due to the heat and freezing temps, but it's nothing too crazy.
My dad was pretty into raising orchids the last 15 years or so of his life. I think he'd have liked those things.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:45 PM   #7
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
My dad was pretty into raising orchids the last 15 years or so of his life. I think he'd have liked those things.
There’s actually quite a bit in the valley in the ground. Just have to find them and befriend the owner for a cutting.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:48 PM   #8
What's up braj?

I can send you a picture of a 350 pound black chick licking Billay’s turd cutter
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:56 PM   #9
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Lew have you gone to Moon Valley Nursery to check out their plumeria strains? Or Summerwinds?
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:04 PM   #10
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Lew have you gone to Moon Valley Nursery to check out their plumeria strains? Or Summerwinds?
Oh yeah. I’m a nursery slut. The plant stand in Tempe and many Lowe’s and Home Depot have them. Since they’re grown in California, they take acclimation to the sun here. It’s also hard because if you’re looking for a certain one, you’re just taking a chance driving around trying to find a certain variety.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:43 PM   #11
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Oh yeah. I’m a nursery slut. The plant stand in Tempe and many Lowe’s and Home Depot have them. Since they’re grown in California, they take acclimation to the sun here. It’s also hard because if you’re looking for a certain one, you’re just taking a chance driving around trying to find a certain variety.
Sounds like you have it covered. Those are pretty flowers, didn’t know they grew here. Years back I used to date a girl who used plumeria body spray. Always liked it. No idea if it smells anything like real plumeria.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:28 PM   #12
I missed '69!

One of the wife’s and my favorite parts of going to Hawaii is smelling them. Maybe the best smelling flower there is.
Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:38 PM   #13
Has a particular set of skills

We have 3 different Plumeria’s in our yard.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2020, 06:42 AM   #14
Day one guy

Interesting, pollinated at night by the sphinx moth. Doesn't give nectar, just pollen.
I'm always on the lookout for honey bee beneficial plants, but plumeria doesn't seem to be one. They sound like they smell amazing!
redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2020, 06:51 AM   #15
Starter

Quote:
Weird request, but do any of you living in these areas have a plumeria on your property? I just started growing them this year and I’d love to purchase a cutting from you. Amazing plants. There's literally 1000's of different varieties, sizes, color and smells. The smells can range from candy, perfume or even sun tan lotion! You won't get blooms every year until they're older and established, but the wait is well worth it. Cuttings are simply taken from a plant, dried out for 7-14 days and then placed in well draining soil. It's fairly easy to establish a new plant from a cutting.

My first and only flowering plumeria from May of this year. There's a light, fruity fragrance to this.

I don't have any in my yard. My daughter gets Plumaria cuttings all the time. I remember her leaving a cutting on her porch floor for 2 months before she planted it, and when it was planted it came to life. Crazy plant. She has white flowered plants.
Scooter LaCanforno has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Scooter LaCanforno has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Scooter LaCanforno has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Scooter LaCanforno has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Scooter LaCanforno has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Scooter LaCanforno has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Scooter LaCanforno has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Scooter LaCanforno has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Scooter LaCanforno has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Scooter LaCanforno has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Scooter LaCanforno has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.