Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 05-01-2021, 11:19 PM  
MVP

Kneejerk Grade of 2021 Chiefs Draft

Because **** posting this in the Lounge

Overall Grade: B+ (80/96 pts)

2-58 | Nick Bolton, LB, Mizzou
Grade: A (24/24 pts)
An absolute bonecrusher of a MLB prospect that plays aggressively downhill, has some range to his game and is adept in coverage. Talked of as a top 40 player snagged in the late 2nd. While it's hard to overlook passing on Terrace Marshall, Jr. and Carlos Basham at this point at arguably bigger positions of need now, Bolton has the look and feel of a stud linebacker in the NFL in the mold of Zach Thomas.

2-63 | Creed Humphrey, OC, Oklahoma
Grade: A (24/24 pts)
Humphrey was the top center in the draft and for me, one of the best overall lineman in the draft. I only had Sewell, Slater, and Vera-Tucker rated as better overall players. Positional value drives centers down, but I fully expected him to be a top 40 guy when all was said and done. Humphrey looks like a bonafide stud in all aspects of the game and a long-time ace in front of Patrick Mahomes.

4-144 | Joshua Kaindoh, DE, Florida State
Grade: D (4/16 pts)
Kaindoh is purely a developmental prospect with outstanding physical traits and this pick this early gives me the sense that Veach wanted a DE much earlier but missed out with the run late in the early 1st. I feel like this is the type of player you look for later into day 3 or as an UDFA. Hopefully, Veach catches lightning in a bottle and Kaindoh is able to put it all together. There were some talents available here that may not have been pressing needs that would have been tremendous values, such as Daviyon Nixon (DT), Shaun Wade (NB), and Jamar Johnson (SS). There were even some other, more productive players at the same position available. We'll see if Veach is right on this one.

5-162 | Noah Gray, TE, Duke
Grade: B+ (10/12 pts)
Gray doesn't scream to me as the type of TE I like or would be excited about but he does have Evan Engram-like potential as a 5th rounder. The real issue is how many snaps he'll actually see as the Chiefs don't tend to run 12-personnel often and they only pass out of it about 50% of the time, which is where Gray has value. I don't have any major issue with the pick, although I thought there were some major Safety values there to be had that went immediately after KC picked, and with Mathieu and Sorensen only under contract for 2021, it's a bit concerning the position wasn't addressed.

5-181 | Cornell Powell, WR, Clemson
Grade: B+ (10/12 pts)
I think in terms of taking a WR this late, Veach took one of the best he could have. Powell shows good potential and an upswing in productivity and is a man of a receiver. I liked Shi Smith and Seth Williams a little better, and they were available, but I think Powell fits well for what KC is looking to replace. My main concern is whether or not Powell will continue to ascend given his inability to crack the lineup early in his career.

6-226 | Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee
Grade: A (8/8 pts)
Smith is an absolute man-beast, road grading, mfer that probably would have been a late 1st or early 2nd round pick if not for the blood clot issue in his lungs. While the Chiefs may be taking a major chance, it's a swing that could hit the ball straight out of the park and solidify KC's interior offensive line for several years.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2021, 05:33 PM   #16
In Search of a Life

You throw in OBJ as Pick 31 and this was a solid A... I don't mind the flyer in the 4th on Kaindoh as there were basically other guys like the guys we already have available, but nobody with his measurables ,... this guy has a super high ceiling but a questionable floor. If we hit, we hit big, if we don't, he basically turned out to be who we already had...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:13 PM   #17
Starter

Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:48 AM   #18
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellerfox View Post
Our worst grade came from Sports Illustrated. That's like something to actually be proud of. SI's statistical coverage of the NFL hasn't been good for a long time.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:59 AM   #19
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Our worst grade came from Sports Illustrated. That's like something to actually be proud of. SI's statistical coverage of the NFL hasn't been good for a long time.
Connor Orr is a really bad talent evaluator and has been picking against the Chiefs for years.

The guy wouldn't even have a job if SI was actually paying writers a living wage.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:36 PM   #20
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Connor Orr is a really bad talent evaluator and has been picking against the Chiefs for years.

The guy wouldn't even have a job if SI was actually paying writers a living wage.
On the flip side, Vinnie Iyer is one of the guys I DO pay attention to.

1) I used to work with Vinnie at SN and know him/his process. He's thorough and the last thing he's trying to do is be controversial just for clicks.

2) He's legitimately a genius (MENSA. 2- or 3-day Jeopardy! champ)

3) He's been doing this for a LONG time and has built up a lot of contacts, Also, because he's not a hot take artist, people are more willling to share things with him.

4) He's got a good analyst brain - able to project scheme fits and trends and team processes to predict a little better what teams WILL do and also to evaluate what they DID.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:12 AM   #21
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie aguiar View Post
Kaindoh is the most underwhelming pick for me. I wonder if the chiefs would have picked Tyree Gillespie who was grabbed the raiders the pick before.
When the Faiders picked Gillespie right in front of the Chiefs, I was thinking they knew the Chiefs needed a S & this was a good time to screw them.

I can't see any other reason the Faid would take another S except to screw the Chiefs.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:29 PM   #22
Starter

I thought we might have pulled the trigger on Kaindoh after Janarius Robinson went to the Vikings a couple picks before us.
CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.