Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 04-06-2020, 11:40 PM  
The Maintenance Guy

Any stereo speaker experts around here?

Or at least someone more knowledgeable than me anyway.

Since I, like everyone else, have been spending more time at home, I'm getting around to projects that have been sitting around for a while. I've been wanting replacement woofers for some cool older Optimus speakers and I'm having trouble finding an exact match. First off, I'm not even sure how to measure for size, I think they're 4 1/2"? Or do I measure the metal frame of the speaker as well?

Also, the impedance printed on the speaker itself says 6 ohms, but the data plate on the cabinet says 8 ohms. Which is it? And the wattage says 65 with a max of 130. So anything in between is ok? Or do I want to look for 65?

Any help is appreciated!

Pics for reference:

Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:44 AM   #46
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
fredsanforditsthebigoneelizabeth.gif
my wife wants to put that in front of the tv with...https://www.amazon.com/Sonos-Play-Wi...6277713&sr=8-6

those behind the couch on each side....

so for a cool about 1000 dollars.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:45 AM   #47
The Maintenance Guy

These are the same SDAs I had...damn they were bad ass

https://www.ebay.com/i/153809646350?...EaAm1XEALw_wcB
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:47 AM   #48
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Well they have about as good of an infrastructure as you could ask for as far as pairing them together and all that.
These are spendy but are seriously one of the best bookshelf speakers I have ever listened to.

Dynaudio C1's

But they are about 5000 a pair used
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:47 AM   #49
Hockey Town

Oh you want a sub...

https://www.amazon.com/Sonos-5-1-Sur...s%2C183&sr=8-8
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:51 AM   #50
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
This may fit your needs from Madisound. Says its an excellent drop-in speak for Pro LX511

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...r-cone-woofer/

Only problem is its OOS right now.

Also doesn't hurt to call Parts Express or online chat if they think or have a suggestion for your speaker maybe that 5 1/4 fits who knows.
Bug I see the above speak is back ordered they have a email link to notify when back in stock. These sound like just what the doctor ordered.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:04 AM   #51
Who's the masta???

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Radio Shack contracted with a lot of companies to make their stuff. Sound, phones, answering machines, toys.

I worked there in the waning days of RS.
I think it was Hamas that worked there in the better days.
Ahhh, I kinda miss Radio Shack.

"You've got questions, we've got blank stares"
MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:18 AM   #52
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Bug I see the above speak is back ordered they have a email link to notify when back in stock. These sound like just what the doctor ordered.
Well the price certainly is right. I'll hold off on anything else and see if they come in sometime soon. If it's too long I'll pack them back away and forget about them for another year lol.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #53
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
my wife wants to put that in front of the tv with...https://www.amazon.com/Sonos-Play-Wi...6277713&sr=8-6

those behind the couch on each side....

so for a cool about 1000 dollars.
My problem is I don't have one specific room I hang out in so I can't really justify that much on one system. As it is now we have a Sony surround sound system in our great room, a pretty nice Samsung soundbar/sub in the living room, the Acoustimass is in the garage and the Polk bookshelfs are in the man cave. Could use something out on the sun porch so the Optimus set would be adequate for that.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:40 AM   #54
Fight, build, win!

I hate this rich bastard. That floor speaks are Klipsch Jubilee and highly sought after. Bet the wives wont approve.

Same pricks sunroom system I believe those are some vintage altecs and DIY horns.

Same douche bag with DIY speaks using Altec and JBL speakers.

This monsters dining room

Guest room DIY

Now back to us normal heathens this jerks vintage Optimus Pro LX4 speakers. This audiofile thinks pretty highly of those Ratshack speaks for his workbench system.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:40 AM   #55
Hockey Town

Quote:
My problem is I don't have one specific room I hang out in so I can't really justify that much on one system. As it is now we have a Sony surround sound system in our great room, a pretty nice Samsung soundbar/sub in the living room, the Acoustimass is in the garage and the Polk bookshelfs are in the man cave. Could use something out on the sun porch so the Optimus set would be adequate for that.
Well you can link all the sonos speakers together for a whole house experience if you by enough to do that, its their big selling point.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:53 AM   #56
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Well you can link all the sonos speakers together for a whole house experience if you by enough to do that, its their big selling point.
Oh really?

****...don't give me any expensive ideas...I can come up with plenty of them on my own.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:57 AM   #57
Supporter

Quote:
Oh really?

****...don't give me any expensive ideas...I can come up with plenty of them on my own.
Yeah. Don’t go down that road. Wife convinced me to buy a new TV for the Super Bowl. Now I am compelled to replace all my TVs. I haven’t. But I want to.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:57 AM   #58
Hockey Town

Quote:
Oh really?

Yea basically it they have an app, if you buy the soundbar you actually optical that to the tv, you can then put smaller speakers with it to create a surround experience.

If you buy the small wifi speakers and place one in each room of your entire house you can use the app to either have them each be their own thing or group them entirely together so the same thing is played everywhere.

They play basically any streaming service that exists, have google and amazon voice control...they're super expensive but have a ton of perks.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:04 PM   #59
Keep Camp Home!

http://www.cerwinvega.com/home-audio...ers/sl-5m.html

you're welcome
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:05 PM   #60
The Maintenance Guy

I AM NOT LISTENING TO WHAT MECCA IS SAYING