Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 04-06-2020, 03:27 PM  
Veteran

A Great Baseball Player Died Today

I know that most of you are too young to remember this guy. Many of you have probably never even heard of him. But former Detroit Tiger Al Kaline died today at the age of 85.

He was known as "Mr. Tiger". In a 22 year career with the Tigers, Kaline was an 18 time All Star. He was a 10 time Gold Glove winner as an outfielder. He was the youngest player to ever win the American League batting title when he hit .340 in 1955 as a 20 year old. He hit .300 or better in nine seasons.

Al Kaline was a first ballot Hall of Famer, elected during his first year of eligibility in 1980.

Al Kaline was a class act. He was a baseball players, baseball player.

Sad to see yet another of the great players of baseball's Golden Years of the 1950's and 1960's leave us. A time period when every team was filled with superstars and future Hall of Famers abounded.

Rest in Peace, Al Kaline. You were a credit to the game of baseball.
theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:32 PM   #2
Veteran

Great player and interesting commentator
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-06-2020, 03:33 PM   #3
MVP

i'm not too young
rip mr. tiger
sec
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:53 PM   #4
MVP

Al Kaline would still sign any thing, for any one...for a $10 bill.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:56 PM   #5
In Search of a Life

To young to remember him.

Not sure how anyone who claims to be a fan of baseball could’ve never heard of him.

RIP
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:04 PM   #6
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

I had no idea he was still alive. One of the greats for sure.

RIP
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:13 PM   #7
Starter

I had an Al Kaline glove when I was a kid. RIP Al
CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.CrossCheck is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:42 PM   #8
Veteran

Most of my family was originally from Detroit, and as a youngster, I grew up there....I'm way too young for Kaline the player, but I remember watching the '84 Championship team on a little Black and White 13" TV back in the day....If I remember correctly, the announcers for the local broadcasts were George Kerr and Al Kaline. Loved every minute of it! Rest In Peace Mr. Kaline!
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-06-2020, 05:49 PM   #9
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

When I was a kid a long time ago, I had an Al Kaline baseball card. And the baseball card was really old. And in the baseball card, Al Kaline looked old in the photo. That's old to the third power. I would have never guessed he was still alive. He must've had a good long life.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:08 PM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post
Most of my family was originally from Detroit, and as a youngster, I grew up there....I'm way too young for Kaline the player, but I remember watching the '84 Championship team on a little Black and White 13" TV back in the day....If I remember correctly, the announcers for the local broadcasts were George Kerr and Al Kaline. Loved every minute of it! Rest In Peace Mr. Kaline!
It was George Kell, who himself was a Hall of Fame Tiger 3rd baseman.
theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:15 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
When I was a kid a long time ago, I had an Al Kaline baseball card. And the baseball card was really old. And in the baseball card, Al Kaline looked old in the photo. That's old to the third power. I would have never guessed he was still alive. He must've had a good long life.
I had an AK too, and yeah he looked old. Incredible career. Loved those old Tiger teams. Kaline, Norm Cash, Willie Horton, Bill Freehan, Mickey Lolich, Denny McClain. RIP #9.
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-06-2020, 06:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
When I was a kid I wanted an Al Kaline baseball card, but they were all too old, and therefore too expensive. I wondered if they named the battery after him, since he must've been given a name before the battery was invented.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:23 PM   #13
Banned

I don't follow baseball at all but like any sports fan I will have to hear about it while waiting to hear about what interests me, I have heard of Al Kaline, if I recall right he was a serious hitter, no?
Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:01 PM   #14
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post
I don't follow baseball at all but like any sports fan I will have to hear about it while waiting to hear about what interests me, I have heard of Al Kaline, if I recall right he was a serious hitter, no?
He was more than just a basic everyday player.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:15 PM   #15
Veteran

RIP AK!!!
Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.