Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Which 2019 playoff game was the best game -- ignoring what was on the line?
Chiefs v. Texans 59 55.66%
Chiefs v. Titans 13 12.26%
Chiefs v. 49ers 17 16.04%
ASKING ME TO CHOOSE A FAVORITE IS LIKE ASKING ME TO CHOOSE A FAVORITE CHILD! HOW DARE YOU ASK ME THIS, I CANNOT! 17 16.04%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2020, 02:26 PM  
Just a li'l Evel

Rank the three 2019 Chiefs playoff games -- as standalone games.

Got some extra time and re-watching all our playoff games, as kept on my DVR under "never delete, ever"

Wondering what you guys think:

Rank the games WITHOUT considering what was on the line.

i know, it's hard. Trying to mentally erase the emotional imprint of SB LIV is like Clay trying to forget that Darth Vader is Luke's father. But try.

Which is your favorite, why?

Chiefs v. Texans "The worst quarter of football, followed by the best quarter of football"

Chiefs v. Titans "Derrick WHOnry?"

Chiefs v. 49ers. "The "not-so-fast" game or "the 8-minute drill"

poll forthcoming.

Bonus points for ranking all three, with reason.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:29 PM   #2
Banned!

Man, I don't know. 9ers or Texans.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:30 PM   #3
Veteran

1. vs Texans because the comeback was impressive regardless of the game; and scoring on 7 straight scores was just absolutely silly.

2. vs 49ers: scoring 21 in the last 9 minutes of the game is just dumb

3. vs. Oile-- er I mean Titans. Impressive win but compared to the other games it just can't match up IMO.

Last edited by ChiefBlueCFC; 04-06-2020 at 02:38 PM..
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-06-2020, 02:31 PM   #4
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

In terms of enjoyment? It's tough because they all showered the world with sunbeams of happiness.

If they were all preseason games, I'd have to go with...

1. Texans. 24-0? Come on. Admittedly, the first quarter was very unpleasant, but everyone loves a comeback.

2. 49ers. Lots of big plays and an epic 4th quarter comeback.

3. Titans. Great run, come back from behind. Probably the third-greatest game ever.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:36 PM   #5
Just a li'l Evel

leaving out what we were going for, I think the emotional expectation of each game, before hand and during the game was a total rollercoaster every time.

Texans, we expected to beat them easily. at home Mahomes,s etc. then boom, same old chiefs curse, etc. then it flips and we go on the epic run. wow rollercoaster ticket = punched.

Titans, it was a little more scary going in. I mean, Derrick Henry! and it looked for a couple of plays in the beginning we were gonna have a rough day. That comeback was more slow and methodical but really good, sturdy football.

Then 49ers, we were again pretty confident, and three and a half quarters it seemed we were just gonna get beat. Then wow. Wow, and...wow.

All really amazing rollercoasters thought the game and leading into each game. But I gotta go with Texans because of the total flip of the momentum. Never seen it so severe.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:36 PM   #6
In Search of a Life

That TD throw that Mahomes made to Watkins vs the Titans to seal the game made me cry.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:40 PM   #7
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

I went with the Titans game because it was the closest fought imo. For me personally, I LOVED the Texans game and it was incredible. But I think for an agnostic (non-Chiefs) fan then entire Titans game was probably more entertaining.
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #8
In Search of a Life

Nothing beats winning a Super Bowl!
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:50 PM   #9
Andy Reid Supporter

The Texans game was the best Chiefs game I’ve ever seen. What else could you want in a game?

Emotional rollercoaster
Suspense
Surprise unsung hero
Historical comeback
51-7 run

It was just epic amounts of fun that I’m not sure I’ll ever see again. You could say the Super Bowl, but quite honestly that game wasn’t fun until the 4th quarter. Even through most of the 3rd quarter there was very little scoring.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:55 PM   #10
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Was thinking about this about a month ago. IMHO, it has to be the AFCCG against the Titans. The Texans game was great, but we expected to beat them, and after scoring 28 in the 2nd quarter, everyone knew it was over, including the Texans. It was just a question of by how many points.

The SB was great as well, but mostly because of the emotional roller coaster and what was at stake. When I look at that game discretely, Mahomes didn't play very well for about two quarters, the defense made some mistakes, and it took Jimmy G. making some key mistakes to get that win. And honestly, from a performance standpoint, LIV just wasn't that fun to watch until the last 8 minutes.

But the AFCCG was exciting from start to finish. The Titans played fairly well on both sides of the ball for most of the game, Derrick Henry was as scary as promised for a little over a half. Our offense and defense had issues for three quarters or so.

But being down 10 in the first half and then Patrick willing the team back to the lead in the second quarter was legendary.

Our defense stuffing Henry at the beginning of the 2nd half was spectacular.

Sorenson laying the wood on Tannehill was incredible.

Watkins catching that bomb to give us the 10 point lead was epic.

Clark closing out the Titans with that sack . . . the stuff dreams are made of.

Well, I guess I know what I'm watching later tonight . . .
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #11
Veteran

The Texans game was the last game I ever said "because Chiefs" we came out completely flat, I was used to having my hopes dashed. They showed me this team isn't going to quit.
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:04 PM   #12
World's Best Boss

I'm biased, since I was at the Titans game - but that game was when the curse felt truly lifted from our franchise. I had flown into Wichita on Saturday and made it to Lawrence by 1 am (joining CH3IEF3S and another buddy who had decided to make the trip spur of the moment).

I have never felt such a joyous, crazed, and cathartic feeling as I felt when Patrick Mahomes made "The Run". After an entire half of holding our breath after the Titans came in as advertised, seeing a transcendental athlete pull off a superstar play when the stakes were highest brought a level of energy I have never, ever felt before at a live venue. I never make true gambles in life (only calculated risks), but at that moment, I would have gambled that the Chiefs were going to the Super Bowl.

The Watkins play was icing on the cake. Being at Arrowhead that day is something I'm thankful for every day - especially in this time of social isolation and COVID-19.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 04-06-2020 at 03:11 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:14 PM   #13
pie is never free

I’ve gotta leave the SB out of it, nothing else compares

But that Titans game meant sooo much to me, watching the D repeatedly rise up and crush Henry gave me all the confidence I needed heading into the big dance
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:37 PM   #14
Just a li'l Evel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Nothing beats winning a Super Bowl!
Well I'm really glad you left out what was on the line as asked.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:48 PM   #15
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

SuperBowl

Texans

Titans.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.