Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 04-06-2020, 01:46 PM  
Veteran

Kelce, Berry Named to 2010s All-Decade Team by Pro Football HoF

EDIT: Tyreek and Mathieu were also named. I clicked too soon.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...nine-patriots/

Here are the 53 selections to the 2010s All-Decade Team:
Offense

WR – Antonio Brown, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones
TE – Rob Gronkowski, Travis Kelce
TJason Peters, Tyron Smith, Joe Staley, Joe Thomas
GJahri Evans, Logan Mankins, Zack Martin, Marshal Yanda
CAlex Mack, Maurkice Pouncey
QB – Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers
RBFrank Gore, Marshawn Lynch, LeSean McCoy, Adrian Peterson
Flex – Darren Sproles
Defense

DECalais Campbell, Cameron Jordan, Julius Peppers, J.J. Watt
DTGeno Atkins, Fletcher Cox, Aaron Donald, Ndamukong Suh
LB – Chandler Jones, Luke Kuechly, Khalil Mack, Von Miller, Bobby Wagner, Patrick Willis
CBPatrick Peterson, Darrelle Revis, Richard Sherman
S Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Eric Weddle
DBChris Harris, Tyrann Mathieu
Special Teams

PJohnny Hekker, Shane Lechler
K – Stephen Gostkowski, Justin Tucker
PRTyreek Hill, Darren Sproles
KRDevin Hester, Cordarrelle Patterson
Coaches

Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll
Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:38 PM   #16
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC View Post
As it has already been pointed out, but Mitchell Schwartz is grossly underrated. Also, Pete Carroll over Andy Reid or John Harbaugh? Don't get me wrong, Pete is a damn good coach, but Andy has done more with a lot less. Look at those offenses he had from 2013 - 2015 and the defenses he had in 2017 - 2018...
Yea but he didn’t win the big games in the 2010s. He will definitely be in the 2020s tho. He already started the 20s off with a super bowl win
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:38 PM   #17
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Kam Chancellor should’ve made it over Berry
I don’t know about that.

Berry was first team all pro three times. Chancellor only made second team twice.

If I’m building a team, yeah I might take Chancellor. Based on pure accolades in the decade, I probably choose Berry.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:39 PM   #18
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Those running backs suck
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:42 PM   #19
Supporter

I think I would take Reid over Carrol for coaches, but I might be a homer.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:50 PM   #20
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
Pete won more Super Bowls than Reid
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:56 PM   #21
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
Strictly off the resumes, Carrol gets the nod.

Pete is 100-60 in the regular season to Reid's 99-61; virtually a wash so you go to playoff performance. Carrol is 10-7 w/ 2 conference championships and a SB in 8 playoff seasons while Reid is 5-6 w/ 1 conference championship and a SB in 7 playoff appearances.

The Seahawks were in slightly better shape than the Chiefs when Carrol got there, but they weren't a safe bet by any means.

I think Reid's a safer bet going forward and the guy I'd rather have right this very minute, but a rearview mirror analysis of the last decade says that Carrol has a slightly stronger case. Reid comes in a safe 3rd, IMO, especially with Sean Payton's SB coming in the 2009 season (and his suspension being in this one). Harbaugh maybe in the running but apart from that 2012 run he's really done very little. The Ravens haven't won a playoff game since 2014 so that's gotta hold him back.

There really isn't much of a conversation after 3rd, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #22
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Strictly off the resumes, Carrol gets the nod.

Pete is 100-60 in the regular season to Reid's 99-61; virtually a wash so you go to playoff performance. Carrol is 10-7 w/ 2 conference championships and a SB in 8 playoff seasons while Reid is 5-6 w/ 1 conference championship and a SB in 7 playoff appearances.

The Seahawks were in slightly better shape than the Chiefs when Carrol got there, but they weren't a safe bet by any means.

I think Reid's a safer bet going forward and the guy I'd rather have right this very minute, but a rearview mirror analysis of the last decade says that Carrol has a slightly stronger case. Reid comes in a safe 3rd, IMO, especially with Sean Payton's SB coming in the 2009 season (and his suspension being in this one). Harbaugh maybe in the running but apart from that 2012 run he's really done very little. The Ravens haven't won a playoff game since 2014 so that's gotta hold him back.

There really isn't much of a conversation after 3rd, IMO.
Reid never won a super bowl in the 2010s
Old 04-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #23
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Pete won more Super Bowls than Reid
{sigh}
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:59 PM   #24
Banned

When the AFL merged with the NFL that was it. When the All Time AFL team was announced the Chiefs Fred Arbansas was the TE. If we never played another football season Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez would be the All Time TE.

Point...Chiefs have had some TE's
Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:00 PM   #25
Future NBA Finals MVP

Berry? Like Eric Berry?
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:01 PM   #26
MVP

Everyone forgetting about Chiefs legend Darrelle Revis.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:19 PM   #27
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
i gotta be honest, berry belongs nowhere near this list

he had 3 very good seasons, and one pretty good season....and the rest was not much to write home about
Probably says more about the state of safety play in the NFL this decade than anything. We've fallen far from the Reed/Polamalu/ Dawkins days. Who would seriously be in consideration? Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Eric Berry, Harrison Smith, Weddle. Maybe McCourty.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:26 PM   #28
Settle this once and forever

I'm actually kind of shocked that Kelce wasn't a unanimous vote.

I get that Gronk is going to be the #1 choice for 100 out of 100 voters, but Kelce's only competition was Greg Olsen who peaked just a hair earlier (and came into the league waaayyy earlier). Kelce's peak was higher, it lasted longer, he's more explosive, Super Bowl champion, etc. Olsen only had four seasons with over 1,000 yards this decade and he played in every season. Kelce only played from 2014 and onward.

The only thing I can say about Olsen over Kelce is that Kelce fumbles a lot more, but I'd say it's a fair trade-off for the extra yards, TDs and consistency.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:42 PM   #29
MY LITTLE #15

McCoy over Charles?
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:45 PM   #30
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
McCoy over Charles?
Yea look at McCoys stats. They are insane. Hall of Famer