Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2020, 08:05 PM  
Be Kind To Your Pets

All I Have is a Photograph....

With all the shelter at home stuff, thought I'd start a fun thread to help get our minds on better times. I am not a professional or high level amateur photographer, but I have taken some cool pictures over the years. If you've taken pictures that you're proud of, how bout posting a couple,and explaining what they are?

I'll Start:

St. Louis July 2003. I was staying downtown in that beer can shaped hotel by the arch. I got a call around midnight that my mom was taken to ICU in Arkansas, and was in bad shape. I got up at dawn as the sun was rising over the Mississippi river. I took this picture looking east. Went to the chapel in the center and said a prayer for my parents. Mom got out of ICU 66 days later.

Alley Springs, MO: From around 2002, near Eminence,MO.

Hotel Bothwell, Sedalia,MO. Shot at sundown in downtown Sedalia.

Desoto Sign, Carthage, MO. On a trip to Arkansas, took the scenic route 2018.

Missouri Hwy 13 Bridge, Lexington, MO: Looking north during the flood of 1993.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Arch Steeple.jpg
Views:	1581
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	120184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alleyspring.jpg
Views:	1415
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	120185   Click image for larger version

Name:	bothwell.jpg
Views:	1443
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	120186   Click image for larger version

Name:	DeSoto2.jpg
Views:	1452
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	120187   Click image for larger version

Name:	lexbridge1993.jpg
Views:	1430
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	120188  

Last edited by gblowfish; 04-05-2020 at 08:12 PM..
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:52 AM   #46
Born to Ride

Here is a baby pineapple from the Zen Garden right above Swami's Beach in Encinitas CA
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mini Pineapple.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	120204  
2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:22 AM   #47
Born to Ride

A couple light houses in Michigan. The Red one is in Charlevoix and the other is the Old Mission Pt light on Grand Traverse Bay.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Light House Charlevoix MI.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	120205   Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Mission Pt Light.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	120206  
2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:24 AM   #48
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
2016 Buffalo River float trip.
That part of North Central Arkansas is stunningly beautiful. I went there many times as a kid on my way to Hot Springs to see my grandparents.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:31 AM   #49
MVP

Thanksgiving, 2019.

Last edited by OnTheWarpath15; 04-06-2020 at 09:48 AM..
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:32 AM   #50
MVP

Friend of mine took this at Busch Stadium several years ago and sent it to me.

Last edited by OnTheWarpath15; 04-06-2020 at 09:48 AM..
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:33 AM   #51
Hockey Town

I totally thought this was going to be a shitty Nickelback thread.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:34 AM   #52
MVP

Summer 2018, taken on cell phone. Top of the Rock.

Last edited by OnTheWarpath15; 04-06-2020 at 09:49 AM..
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:35 AM   #53
MVP

Taken on cell phone at Molly's Pub in Soulard.

Last edited by OnTheWarpath15; 04-06-2020 at 09:49 AM..
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:36 AM   #54
MVP

Taken on cell phone, June 2016. Patio right outside our bedroom door at Erin Hills, site of the 2017 US Open.

Last edited by OnTheWarpath15; 04-06-2020 at 09:50 AM..
Old 04-06-2020, 09:42 AM   #55
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin View Post
I am so envious. When did you go? How was it?
Those are old photographs from 2001, as I went a few months before 9/11. It's an astounding place. There's amazing ancient stuff everywhere. Our guide wasn't even going to stop at the Colossi of Memnon because we were on our way somewhere else. I had to ask for a quick stop and photo op.

I remember being at Saqqara and we went up on a little rise, and you could see pyramids in both directions along the Nile. There are a lot of pyramids.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:42 AM   #56
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
That part of North Central Arkansas is stunningly beautiful. I went there many times as a kid on my way to Hot Springs to see my grandparents.
Yes it is. I can't find several of the better pics I took on that trip damnit.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:43 AM   #57
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
These are really nice, can you give some explanation on them? Did you take that picture at Busch stadium?
Old 04-06-2020, 09:45 AM   #58
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I totally thought this was going to be a shitty Nickelback thread.
Heh heh....nope, this is more of what I had in mind... BTW: Keep em coming guys, there's some really talented photogs in the CP!

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:51 AM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
These are really nice, can you give some explanation on them? Did you take that picture at Busch stadium?
Went back and edited posts to add descriptions. All were taken by me on cell phone except for the Busch Stadium shot.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:55 AM   #60
MVP

3rd Hole, Torrey Pines South Course. March 2020. Sadly, this trip is probably where I got sick.