Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2020, 08:50 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Chiefs draft rumor & plans for virtual draft

Saw some news today I thought I’d share.

From Matt Miller’s article this morning:

Quote:
KANSAS CITY: The word on the scouting streets is that general manager Brett Veach wants to add more premium targets for Patrick Mahomes at quarterback, but don't rule out a trade back from No. 32 overall. Many sources around the league believe the Chiefs could move out of the first and pick up valuable Day 2 selections to pick up starter-level players at cornerback and running back.
From Nate Taylor (yes the athletic is free right now):

Quote:

In the past couple of weeks, after coaches, team personnel and players were encouraged to work from home, Reid, 62, has enjoyed learning the videoconference technology from companies such as Zoom and Webex. He, along with Veach, have interviewed some draft prospects via Webex. Coaches meetings have taken place on Zoom.

Reid knows it’s possible the Chiefs could make their draft selections with everyone at their respective homes. Teams were informed by the league Thursday that coaches, executives and scouts might be allowed to return to their facility for the draft with only 10 people in each room and everyone distanced at least 6 feet apart. The New Orleans Saints have planned to hold their war room at a brewery. Reid said the Chiefs are considering having their war room at a local hotel with certain people in different rooms.

“We haven’t put our finger down on one thing as of yet,” Reid said. “We’re approaching it like we’re having a season. At the same time, we’re very sensitive to everything going on.”

Reid agreed with the league’s decision to not postpone the draft. Beyond interviewing prospects via Webex, Reid is confident that Veach and the team’s scouting department can properly evaluate the talent in this year’s draft class. And when asked whether the draft could uplift fans’ emotions during the pandemic, Reid believed one of the league’s biggest annual events can be a welcome distraction.
The hotel idea sounds great.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:10 PM   #121
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Would you guys rather want a IOL or a LB or CB in the first round? Because right now if the season started we would have Ward and Alex Brown as our starting CBs and Niemann would be starting at LB
Niemann got so much better at that coverage backer spot.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:11 PM   #122
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e3263518 View Post
Taylor is a beast but I don't think he fits in our system like Akers does. Swift also fits well in our system but I don't see him fall to late second.
Swift would be a great fit.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:13 PM   #123
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Niemann got so much better at that coverage backer spot.
You could argue that he came up with the play of the franchise when he destroyed Jimmy G so Mahomes could get the ball to give us the go ahead TD
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:38 PM   #124
Supporter

Unless there's some type of medical issue that's revealed last minute, Queen will be gone by #32.

I still believe the Chiefs trade out of #32 but if there's a sure-fire WR or RB sitting there, it will be tough for Veach to make that move...
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:46 PM   #125
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
Watch for a day three pick at running back in Antonio Gibson from Memphis. 4.39 speed and elite pass catching ability. Perfect fit for our pass first offense.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU8dfjXf9QE
I love this pick!
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:47 PM   #126
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Unless there's some type of medical issue that's revealed last minute, Queen will be gone by #32.

I still believe the Chiefs trade out of #32 but if there's a sure-fire WR or RB sitting there, it will be tough for Veach to make that move...
I thought it was a forgone conclusion that Queen, Murray, and Baun would be off the board by 32, but the truth is a lot of teams that needed a LB addressed it in free agency. Mock drafts have started to reflect that now.

I still wouldn’t count on it, but I don’t think it’s 100% certain anymore.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:48 PM   #127
MVP

Lately, I'm thinking I'd really like to see us take a stud LB or RB in the first. It would be a lot of fun to have a real difference-maker there.

Murray, Queen, or Swift would be exciting picks I think, but better depth at RB later in the draft. If Swift isn't available, how about...

1. Murray or Queen LB
2. Hall or Fulton CB
3. Gibson or Moss RB
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:02 PM   #128
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Lately, I'm thinking I'd really like to see us take a stud LB or RB in the first. It would be a lot of fun to have a real difference-maker there.

Murray, Queen, or Swift would be exciting picks I think, but better depth at RB later in the draft. If Swift isn't available, how about...

1. Murray or Queen LB
2. Hall or Fulton CB
3. Gibson or Moss RB
I love these options! If Taylor or Dobbins is available in the first and Veach wants a rb than those are it. But Moss for a mid round pick would be nice. You would reunite Hall with Thornhill or you could give Honey Badger a LSU player in Fulton
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:24 PM   #129
Generational Player

Really like Cushenberry. If Queen and Fulton are off the board I think Cush is the most talented center prospect to come out in years. He would make Pat's life much better as elite centers make a difference.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:26 PM   #130
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Really like Cushenberry.
Andy Reid took Jason Kelce in the 6th. Reiter's a former 7th rounder. While Morse was a later 2nd, that didn't work out so well and the Chiefs allowed him to walk.

I have a very, very difficult time believing that the Chiefs take a center at #32 overall or even if they trade back into the high second round, due to the quality of perimeter players and running backs in this draft.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:30 PM   #131
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I thought it was a forgone conclusion that Queen, Murray, and Baun would be off the board by 32, but the truth is a lot of teams that needed a LB addressed it in free agency. Mock drafts have started to reflect that now.

I still wouldn’t count on it, but I don’t think it’s 100% certain anymore.
The way I look it as this: Are any of those guys worth two picks?

If they sit at #32 and take any of them over moving back and adding more selections, regardless of the round, that will the player's assigned value because we all know that there will be a team or multiple teams offering multiple picks to move into the #32 slot. And with the Chiefs current shortage of selections in Rounds 1-5, I think they'll be hard pressed to take on of those LBer's.

For me, I'd say no. I guess we'll see what Veach does in a few short weeks.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:30 PM   #132
Generational Player

Quote:
Andy Reid took Jason Kelce in the 6th. Reiter's a former 7th rounder. While Morse was a later 2nd, that didn't work out so well and the Chiefs allowed him to walk.

I have a very, very difficult time believing that the Chiefs take a center at #32 overall or even if they trade back into the high second round, due to the quality of perimeter players and running backs in this draft.

Eric Fisher, Mitch Morse.

Chiefs have spent high picks on OL. NFL OL are not getting developed to the same degree as before in college. They are a more rare commodity as every team needs to grab them. If I can take a guy with pro bowl upside at center that's a great pick.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:34 PM   #133
Supporter

Quote:
Eric Fisher, Mitch Morse.

Chiefs have spent high picks on OL. NFL OL are not getting developed to the same degree as before in college. They are a more rare commodity as every team needs to grab them. If I can take a guy with pro bowl upside at center that's a great pick.
It's a TERRIBLE pick. It's stupid and reactionary.

Fisher was clearly the #1 selection in the 2013 NFL Draft, so that's neither here nor there.

I already mentioned the selection of Morse, which was NOT a successful pick due to injuries and concussions.

Reid and Veach would be foolish to waste the #32 over all pick on a center and I don't think they're foolish.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:37 PM   #134
Generational Player

Quote:
It's a TERRIBLE pick. It's stupid and reactionary.

Fisher was clearly the #1 selection in the 2013 NFL Draft, so that's neither here nor there.

I already mentioned the selection of Morse, which was NOT a successful pick due to injuries and concussions.

Reid and Veach would be foolish to waste the #32 over all pick on a center and I don't think they're foolish.
You think the offensive line "is stupid?

That's a strange attitude. Look at how crappy the Patriots offense went when they lost their center and another OL. Elite centers are huge difference makers in the current NFL.

Meanwhile you want a RB as a better value?

Morse was made the highest paid center in the NFL...looks like there is more value there then you say.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:39 PM   #135
Supporter

Quote:
You think the offensive line "is stupid?

That's a strange attitude. Look at how crappy the Patriots offense went when they lost their center and another OL. Elite centers are huge difference makers in the current NFL.

Meanwhile you want a RB as a better value?

Morse was made the highest paid center in the NFL...looks like there is more value there then you say.
This post is so ridiculously stupid that not going to bother responding to your idiocy.