Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 04-03-2020, 06:19 AM  
Veteran

Chiefs and Chris Jones working towards a long term deal. .

not sure how valid this source is. .

DTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-03-2020, 11:06 PM   #76
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
We’re beyond the point of needing to. The doc’s play slipped this year and our c and otherG are ass. Pat’s mobility makes them look respectable.

When his ankle was hurt he got killed back there...
Yea cuz Erving sucks ass
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:12 PM   #77
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTVietnam View Post
Every time I see this gif, I get this mental image.

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:13 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:
We’re beyond the point of needing to. The doc’s play slipped this year and our c and otherG are ass. Pat’s mobility makes them look respectable.

Im wondering if having a shit brick playing center is the reason why LDT didn't look very good. Having a bad center can make the whole interior line look bad. The C is responsible for shifts and other things. Draft a good C and the whole line will improve.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:18 PM   #79
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:

Did he get killed back there?

Chiefs allowed one of the lowest sack rates in the league and the 7th fewest QB hits.

Our running game struggles mightily because of our interior OL. I’ll never argue that.

Our pass protection isn’t as bad as some believe though. Even with Cam Erving starting games at LT and Mahomes being hobbled for most of the season, we still ranked among the best in sacks allowed and QB hits allowed.

If you think our pass protection is THAT bad, I’d love to see a stat that backs that up. Granted, Mahomes was hurried and hit a lot in the Super Bowl, but the 49ers DL is not the norm.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:25 PM   #80

Just to clarify my point.

I don’t think we have a great OL. I just don’t think the pass protection specifically is as bad as some believe.

I think we may be biased as Chiefs fans:

1. Every hit on Mahomes seems worse to us, because we realize exactly how important he is.
2. We were spoiled in the early 2000’s with an unrealistic idea of what an OL should look like.

If there is a stat out there that confirms that our pass protection sucks, I’d absolutely accept that. I just haven’t seen a stat that says that.

Also, the Mahomes mobility argument doesn’t really convince me (at least not after this year). He practically played on one leg for most of the year and we still ended up with some of the best pass protection numbers in the league.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:27 PM   #81
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Did he get killed back there?

Chiefs allowed one of the lowest sack rates in the league and the 7th fewest QB hits.

Our running game struggles mightily because of our interior OL. I’ll never argue that.

Our pass protection isn’t as bad as some believe though. Even with Cam Erving starting games at LT and Mahomes being hobbled for most of the season, we still ranked among the best in sacks allowed and QB hits allowed.

If you think our pass protection is THAT bad, I’d love to see a stat that backs that up. Granted, Mahomes was hurried and hit a lot in the Super Bowl, but the 49ers DL is not the norm.
Mahomes was hobbled- because Cam stepped on his ankle. Whatever point you're trying to make, should have left Erving out of it. Our pass protection numbers looked good because Mahomes is a magician back there.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:37 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Mahomes was hobbled- because Cam stepped on his ankle. Whatever point you're trying to make, should have left Erving out of it. Our pass protection numbers looked good because Mahomes is a magician back there.
My point is that any effect Cam Erving had should be excluded. He was a back up and only playing because Fisher was hurt.

Cam was an awful LT. And despite that, our numbers were still among the best in the league.

Do I believe our OL is among the best in the league? No. I just don’t believe the pass protection is as bad as some think.

If Mahomes was getting hit constantly, the QB hit numbers would be much worse than they are.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:58 PM   #83
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
yeah, I still don't see how it's possible.

Long-term deals typically lower the cap hit for the current year.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:58 PM   #84
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Just to clarify my point.

I don’t think we have a great OL. I just don’t think the pass protection specifically is as bad as some believe.

I think we may be biased as Chiefs fans:

1. Every hit on Mahomes seems worse to us, because we realize exactly how important he is.
2. We were spoiled in the early 2000’s with an unrealistic idea of what an OL should look like.

If there is a stat out there that confirms that our pass protection sucks, I’d absolutely accept that. I just haven’t seen a stat that says that.

Also, the Mahomes mobility argument doesn’t really convince me (at least not after this year). He practically played on one leg for most of the year and we still ended up with some of the best pass protection numbers in the league.
Mahomes is tough and will stand in and take the hit after the ball is out. Those are the shots that take the toll. Our interior line sucks but Pat cancels it out mainly because he is young. You are crazy if you want to take a chance with this phenoms future.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:06 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Mahomes is tough and will stand in and take the hit after the ball is out. Those are the shots that take the toll. Our interior line sucks but Pat cancels it out mainly because he is young. You are crazy if you want to take a chance with this phenoms future.
I would love to upgrade the interior, but I won’t be shocked if we don’t use an early pick on a C/G.

Apparently, he doesn’t take THAT many of those hits though. Like I said before, we allowed the 7th fewest QB hits in the league. A lot of other teams allowed far more.

My guess is that our entire OL is somewhere around average. The combo of Mahomes and Reid (who really doesn’t get enough credit for this) elevates them to being a top 5 statistical pass protection OL. The Tackles are probably in the top quarter of the league and the Interior is probably in the bottom third of the league.

I don’t think they’re great, but I also don’t think they’re as bad as some believe specifically in pass protection.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:13 AM   #86
Banned!

Reuter and the rest of the interior played pretty well in the playoffs. The interior mesh got better and better as the season went on (and Wylie was replaced). Reuter also snapped the ball really well. I doubt we place Reuter this season.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:01 AM   #87
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Reuter and the rest of the interior played pretty well in the playoffs. The interior mesh got better and better as the season went on (and Wylie was replaced). Reuter also snapped the ball really well. I doubt we place Reuter this season.
Was the second best lineman after Schwartz in the Super Bowl against the best DL in all of football
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:50 AM   #88
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Long-term deals typically lower the cap hit for the current year.
yeah, and then it'll go up next year or the year after. You know, when we have to pay Mahomes somewhere around $40 million dollars.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:00 AM   #89
Colorado Chief Fan

This seems to contradict the thread title...

Chris Jones DL, Kansas City Chiefs
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Chiefs have yet to make an offer to franchise tagged DL Chris Jones.

ESPN's Adam Schefter added the Chiefs are looking to keep Jones and not trade him. Kansas City has been in talks with Jones but there's been no offers to this point. With Patrick Mahomes also in line for an extension, fitting Jones could be tough with the Chiefs running low on cap space. Jones would make $16.1 million if he plays 2020 under the tag.
Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Apr 4, 2020, 10:22 AM ET
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:24 AM   #90
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
If you say so but working with $177 if that's accurate isn't very good either bro.
Just because a team has a ton of cap space doesn't mean it is well run. It probably means the opposite, they lack talent and have drafted poorly. I think the Chiefs $177 in cap space is a testament to Veach's ability to every ****ing nickel. Thats what I want my GM to do.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote