Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 03-31-2020, 02:54 PM  
pie is never free

The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch

Just a heads up for those interested in the paranormal, it’s a new show on History Channel in the vein of Oak Island, starts at 9 central

I’ve long been fascinated by this story, and have studied it extensively... hoping it’s serious minded and not just an attempt to explain it all away with swamp gas and sun dogs etc
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:59 PM   #2
pie is never free

Well this was outstanding, you guys don’t even KNOW

Real scientists have been mystified by that place for decades, when heavy hitters like Bigelow get involved you know it’s much more than superstition... humans don’t know everything

Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:48 PM   #3
oxymoron

It seemed pretty typical History channel. I wasn't particularly impressed. We'll see how it goes.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:51 PM   #4
Banned!

I think most everything they did/said was real. I hate the production elements and scripting, though.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:17 AM   #5
pie is never free

My favorite part was their footage of the ridgeline randomly glowing across huge distances

Cant wait to see what other info they have, this show has excellent potential
Old 04-03-2020, 01:14 PM   #6
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
I think most everything they did/said was real. I hate the production elements and scripting, though.
Yeah, the Sherman Ranch is one of the most interesting paranormal stories from the last 20 years. But they're trying (and History did this on project blue book, too) to attribute events from the entire Uinta Basin to the Ranch, and they're trying to portray this as something that has a long history rather than events that have really only been reported since the 90s. Is disingenuous, and that bothers me.

I also don't like the owner(s), based on what I've seen so far. They just ring false to me. It looks like they bought the ranch and the possibility of the events that purportedly occur there in order to turn it into a TV show, rather than actually study it. It's a sideshow.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:50 PM   #7
Needs more middle fingers

Who narrates it? The same dude who does Oak Island and Ancient Aliens?
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:48 PM   #8
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Yeah, the Sherman Ranch is one of the most interesting paranormal stories from the last 20 years. But they're trying (and History did this on project blue book, too) to attribute events from the entire Uinta Basin to the Ranch, and they're trying to portray this as something that has a long history rather than events that have really only been reported since the 90s. Is disingenuous, and that bothers me.

I also don't like the owner(s), based on what I've seen so far. They just ring false to me. It looks like they bought the ranch and the possibility of the events that purportedly occur there in order to turn it into a TV show, rather than actually study it. It's a sideshow.
I don’t think they’re attributing everything in the basin to this ranch, but it’s unarguable that the ranch has been a focal point of activity

It’s also been going on looong before the 90s, multiple ranchers have bought, and quickly abandoned, that place before the last ranchers, the Gormans, sold it to Bigelow

Based on what I’ve seen lately, the activity has dropped off quite a bit since Kelleher and NIDS were there... but it’s still happening, those shots of the ridgeline glowing were eye opening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Who narrates it? The same dude who does Oak Island and Ancient Aliens?
I was admittedly sauced up a bit, but don’t recall a narrator at all... but if there was it’s not the Oak Island guy
Old 04-04-2020, 12:52 AM   #9
Banned!

Quote:

It wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't written as a TV show. All the other people have been there and know each other, sans the one guy that is serving as the audience's conduit to the story. The overly-scripted drama is also a put-off. Why not just play it straight or at least a little straighter (Oak-Island-ish?)
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:01 AM   #10
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Just finished streaming the first episode.

Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:33 AM   #11
I got Rice cookin in the micro

I thought this was going to be about a star wars themed brothal in nevada
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:15 AM   #12
Supporter

A 488 acre ranch was purchased for 200k, then sold for 4.8 million 20 years later?

That’s crazier than any of the alien shit they will discover on the show.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:09 AM   #13
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
I don’t think they’re attributing everything in the basin to this ranch, but it’s unarguable that the ranch has been a focal point of activity

It’s also been going on looong before the 90s, multiple ranchers have bought, and quickly abandoned, that place before the last ranchers, the Gormans, sold it to Bigelow

Based on what I’ve seen lately, the activity has dropped off quite a bit since Kelleher and NIDS were there... but it’s still happening, those shots of the ridgeline glowing were eye opening

I was admittedly sauced up a bit, but don’t recall a narrator at all... but if there was it’s not the Oak Island guy
Yeah, it may have happened in the 80s, although there weren't reports. The owners prior to the Shermans had all the cabinets locking from the inside and all that wacky stuff. So I'd never squibble about a decade, that's fine. What I'm talking about is an apparent effort to make it look like this stuff has been going on for hundreds of years.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:11 AM   #14
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
It wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't written as a TV show. All the other people have been there and know each other, sans the one guy that is serving as the audience's conduit to the story. The overly-scripted drama is also a put-off. Why not just play it straight or at least a little straighter (Oak-Island-ish?)
I'm about to listen to an interview from last weekend on Darkness Radio with Travis Taylor (that's your audience conduit guy...) We'll see if he says anything interesting.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:34 AM   #15
pie is never free

Quote:
I'm about to listen to an interview from last weekend on Darkness Radio with Travis Taylor (that's your audience conduit guy...) We'll see if he says anything interesting.
I’m a big fan of his, his resume brings a lot of credibility to the show