Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-16-2019, 12:04 AM  
Banned

The Black QB

Look at how things are going right now...

Highest paid....Russell Wilson
MVP....Patrick Mahomes
Number one draft pick...Kyler Murray
Leading Heisman candidate....Jalen Hurts

That ability to escape the pocket, extend plays, plant that...run? pass?...seed, is where things are heading. No backer ever has to worry about Eli, Rivers, Brady, Dalton, running the football. That can't be said about those mentioned above.

Lamar Jackson is what we see at Arizona(faster than Jackson), Oklahoma, Ohio State, and all over college/HS football nowadays, that mobile QB, a guy who can scoot 30 yards, extend plays.

The first black QB's were Willie Thrower, Marlon "Magician" Briscoe, James Harris, "Jefferson Street" Joe Gillum. (can't really count Fritz Pollard) but none of them made any impact.

It started with Doug Williams, Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham, they proved that yes blacks can play NFL QB.

My Top 10

1.Warren Moon....Oilers/Washington
2.Russell Wilson.....Seahawks/Wisconsin
3.Patrick Mahomes....Chiefs/Texas Tech
4.Donovan McNabb....Eagles/Syracuse
5.Steve McNair.....Titans/Alcorn
6.Randall Cunningham....Eagles/UNLV
7.Dak Prescott....Cowboys/Miss State
8.Cam Newton....Panthers/Auburn
9.Michael Vick...Falcons/Virginia Tech
10.Doug Williams...Buc's/Grambling

Today there are more black starting QB's than ever before.

Can't ignore....

DeShaun Watson
Kordell Steward
Daunte Culpepper
Jeff Blake
Rodney Peete
Vince Young
Colin Kaepernick
Lamar Jackson
Jacoby Bissett
Teddy Bridgewater
Tyrod Taylor
Andre Ware
Vince Evans
Akili Smith
Geno Smith

Last edited by Ubeja Vontell; 09-16-2019 at 03:00 AM..
Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:51 PM   #286
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP View Post
DC are smart they will find a way to stop mobile QB.
I don't think so, just look at what Wilson has been doing for 8 seasons.
Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:52 PM   #287
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Toto Africa most influential blues song ever

Convince me otherwise
Talk to me about them blues, if I see you know the music well talk.

Give me a good example of Piedmont blues.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:53 PM   #288
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchiefs View Post
Well I sort of agree, but then it gets very dicey when you then consider that things other then physical stature and ability can also be genetically determined.
I'm not scared.

Obviously there are outliers but:

OVERALL:

Black people are physically superior.

Asians are mentally superior.

White and Hispanic people aren't superior at either but a little of both.

Come at me bro.
candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 06:54 PM   #289
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post
Wilson
Jackson
Murray
Watson
Prescott
Newton

....have been running all their life, that isn't going to change.
The point is that defenses are going to adjust to better stop athletic qbs and will go back to focusing on the run next year. Apart from Russell and mahomes, none of them were even close to the same level as Brady, brees, and Rodgers last year. This year the pocket passer took a big hit but I doubt that's a trend that will continue. Those guys are going to have to prove themselves with their arm and apart from Russell, all of those guys are not elite if you take their legs away. They might norm into more of a cam Newton who was effective enough throughout his career which bought them one big run, but was mostly second to third tier most of his career.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:57 PM   #290
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
I'm not scared.

Obviously there are outliers BUT:

OVERALL:

White and Hispanic people are a combination of both.

Come at me bro.
Pretty much nailed it, why people have to play silly games about the obvious...?????
Old 02-16-2020, 06:57 PM   #291
Cheat Death

Quote:
Talk to me about them blues, if I see you know the music well talk.

Give me a good example of Piedmont blues.
The Forgotten Apostrophe demo EP, you’re turn.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:58 PM   #292
Banned

Quote:
Pretty much nailed it, why people have to play silly games about the obvious...?????
Because nowadays nobody is allowed to hurt anyone else's feelings.
candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:04 PM   #293
Chiefs

A mobile QB is good in regular season. Get back to me when one wins in the playoffs. Wilson is the only one I can think of lately that has won a super Bowl
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:05 PM   #294
Banned

Quote:
The Forgotten Apostrophe demo EP, you’re turn.
If you were to write a book about them blues you start by talking about the slave trade, it all starts there.

In 1920 Mamie Smith recorded "Crazy Blues", it sold so well the record companies started looking for similar talent, which brought us Bessie Smith and Ma Rainey probably the two most important figures in them blues, their recording were so moving, so penetrating, that they changed things.

Now what happened next?

Old 02-16-2020, 07:08 PM   #295
Cheat Death

A licky boom boom down
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:09 PM   #296
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
I'm not scared.

Obviously there are outliers but:

OVERALL:

White and Hispanic people aren't superior at either but a little of both.

Come at me bro.
However, if you tread any further into these waters ... I would leave it alone. No need to “come at” anyone bro.
njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:12 PM   #297
Banned

Quote:
A licky boom boom down
Here ya go man, my fav post war blues tune.

Old 02-16-2020, 07:12 PM   #298
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchiefs View Post
However, if you tread any further into these waters ... I would leave it alone. No need to “come at” anyone bro.
You missed the 'I'm not scared' part...
Old 02-16-2020, 07:33 PM   #299
Banned

Quote:
A mobile QB is good in regular season. Get back to me when one wins in the playoffs. Wilson is the only one I can think of lately that has won a super Bowl
Patrick Mahomes isn't a mobile QB?

490 rushing yards in his last two seasons.

Eli 567 yards in 16 seasons, he isn't mobile.

Last edited by Ubeja Vontell; 02-16-2020 at 07:41 PM..
Old 02-16-2020, 07:54 PM   #300
MVP

Quote:
Mahomes as well. Led the team in rushing for 2 of the 3 playoff games. In the Super Bowl against a great defense, he had 44 yards rushing until he did a bunch of kneel-down plays to run clock at the end of the game. His legs were a pretty big factor in that Super Bowl. Extended plays and avoided sacks, etc.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.