Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-16-2019, 12:04 AM  
Banned

The Black QB

Look at how things are going right now...

Highest paid....Russell Wilson
MVP....Patrick Mahomes
Number one draft pick...Kyler Murray
Leading Heisman candidate....Jalen Hurts

That ability to escape the pocket, extend plays, plant that...run? pass?...seed, is where things are heading. No backer ever has to worry about Eli, Rivers, Brady, Dalton, running the football. That can't be said about those mentioned above.

Lamar Jackson is what we see at Arizona(faster than Jackson), Oklahoma, Ohio State, and all over college/HS football nowadays, that mobile QB, a guy who can scoot 30 yards, extend plays.

The first black QB's were Willie Thrower, Marlon "Magician" Briscoe, James Harris, "Jefferson Street" Joe Gillum. (can't really count Fritz Pollard) but none of them made any impact.

It started with Doug Williams, Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham, they proved that yes blacks can play NFL QB.

My Top 10

1.Warren Moon....Oilers/Washington
2.Russell Wilson.....Seahawks/Wisconsin
3.Patrick Mahomes....Chiefs/Texas Tech
4.Donovan McNabb....Eagles/Syracuse
5.Steve McNair.....Titans/Alcorn
6.Randall Cunningham....Eagles/UNLV
7.Dak Prescott....Cowboys/Miss State
8.Cam Newton....Panthers/Auburn
9.Michael Vick...Falcons/Virginia Tech
10.Doug Williams...Buc's/Grambling

Today there are more black starting QB's than ever before.

Can't ignore....

DeShaun Watson
Kordell Steward
Daunte Culpepper
Jeff Blake
Rodney Peete
Vince Young
Colin Kaepernick
Lamar Jackson
Jacoby Bissett
Teddy Bridgewater
Tyrod Taylor
Andre Ware
Vince Evans
Akili Smith
Geno Smith

Last edited by Ubeja Vontell; 09-16-2019 at 03:00 AM..
Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:50 AM   #166
Banned

A black QB won the SB, a black QB won the MVP and a black QB came in second. And when the players do their top 100 players for 2019, who can be ahead of Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson and Lamar Jackson?

I do put this gang....

Mahomes
Wilson
Jackson
Watson
Prescott

above

Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Cousins
Wentz

Not historically but 2020.

Next season we could have.....

the five I mentioned

Jameis Winston
Cam Newton
Kyler Murray
Teddy Bridgewater somewhere
Brissett
Haskins

A third of the league, gotta be a record.

Last edited by Ubeja Vontell; 02-16-2020 at 11:57 AM..
Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:27 PM   #167
Starter

^^^^ All true. Now we just gotta work on diversifying the place kickers, punters, tight end and offensive line positions more. I hear they make the punters and place kickers sit in the back of the bus. Racism is born of ignorance. But the race card is counterproductive. Can’t we all just get along ....
njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:52 PM   #168
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchiefs View Post
^^^^ All true. Now we just gotta work on diversifying the place kickers, punters, tight end and offensive line positions more. I hear they make the punters and place kickers sit in the back of the bus. Racism is born of ignorance. But the race card is counterproductive. Can’t we all just get along ....
I will never understand this need to play pretend. I have been to the Phillipines, tiny little people, simply a fact of life. Then there is Samoa, they are huge, just another reality.

Those with roots to western Africa can run, simply a life reality. Why we have to play games about it?

If you watch HBCU football, it's kinda funny watching all black teams but white kickers, ha! Yep, a life reality.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:56 PM   #169
What's up braj?

Shocker that you’re let back into The Lounge and bump this racist thread.

You act kind of normal while rompered, get out on good behavior, and then come back and do the same shit that got you rompered in the first place.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:56 PM   #170
Veteran

Well, you learn something new everyday. Black people are good at sports? Who could have guessed? I can't wait to tell all my friends about this. They should be surprised because they've all been in comas since 1948.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:57 PM   #171
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post
I will never understand this need to play pretend. I have been to the Phillipines, tiny little people, simply a fact of life. Then there is Samoa, they are huge, just another reality.

Those with roots to western Africa can run, simply a life reality. Why we have to play games about it?

If you watch HBCU football, it's kinda funny watching all black teams but white kickers, ha! Yep, a life reality.
Well I sort of agree, but then it gets very dicey when you then consider that things other then physical stature and ability can also be genetically determined.
njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:00 PM   #172
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Black QBs > White QBs?
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:07 PM   #173
Special Teams ACE!!!

Josh Allen, Carson Wentz, Alex Smith (before his leg exploded), and Matt Stafford are all effective scrambling QBs. With the exception of Josh Allen, you might not call them "electric" but they definitely make plays with their feet.

Alex Smith in particular ran like a goddamn gazelle. It's the one part of his game that I really really admired.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:07 PM   #174
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post

You act kind of normal while rompered, get out on good behavior, and then come back and do the same shit that got you rompered in the first place.
The dude remembers the JFK Assassination like it was yesterday. He's just from a different time. I'm not condoning it. I'm just trying to explain it
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:20 PM   #175
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post

There was a big discussion about the year of the black QB on Speak For Your Self, when intelligent people discuss this it's interesting, nobody gets all wrapped up in that silly...racist....silliness, they are far above and beyond that.

I never see talking real life as being anything other than reality.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:22 PM   #176
MVP

If you have been in America for more than 5-6 generations. You're a mutt, if you like it or not
OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 01:23 PM   #177
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchiefs View Post
Well I sort of agree, but then it gets very dicey when you then consider that things other then physical stature and ability can also be genetically determined.
What is dicey about 100% of the cornerbacks in the NFL have roots to western Africa as do 98% of the starting running backs.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:23 PM   #178
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post

I'm half Filipino. I'm a short guy (5'7") but feel lucky to be that tall since my Dad is 5'1". It startles me to go to the Philippines and be able to look over a crowd at 5'7".

Average man in the Philippines is 5'3" 3/8ths. You can see TONS of utterly tiny, gymnast sized adult women.

The weird thing about the Philippines is that their favorite sport is basketball, which is a game they can't hope to compete outside their home country. You'd think they'd adopt soccer or some other game where height isn't such a big deal.
JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:24 PM   #179
Banned

1. Moon, that guy would still hold every record for passing if he hadn't been forced to waste his talent in the CFL
2. Randal McCunningham, that guy could throw rockets and run like the wind. If he had played RB he'd hold all of those records
3. Doug Williams, the first to be a champ and have to listen to listen to UV's brother actually ask him in a presser what it's like being a black QB
4. Vick, he changed the game. And was the first to lead a team to a playoff win at Lambeau
5. Watson, you put that kid on a solid team with an actual Oline, and he's Mahomes. And has a ring or two

I'm only doing a top five and an honorable mention or two because I'm getting bored with this

Honorable Mentions are Mahomes, and Winston. I'd like to see what Mahomes does if he doesn't have the fastest WR and the most aggressive TE in the game. I think that he does well because he's high IQ in general and in football. But he's probably the Bo Jackson, Tiger Woods, Wayne Gretsky, MJ, and Lebron of football, but I'm not putting him above the top four. They were game changers, but he probably passes 5 halfway through the first game next year. Winston is so talented, but such a headcase, and LJ in BMore probably passes him up in a couple of years if we're just going to be talking about Black QB's
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:25 PM   #180
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Josh Allen, Carson Wentz, Alex Smith (before his leg exploded), and Matt Stafford are all effective scrambling QBs. With the exception of Josh Allen, you might not call them "electric" but they definitely make plays with their feet.

Alex Smith in particular ran like a goddamn gazelle. It's the one part of his game that I really really admired.
Aaron Rodgers is another one (before he got old). He's the guy that I always felt was most similar to Mahomes. Really good scrambling ability mixed with insane arm talent.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.