Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-04-2019, 11:12 PM  
Sexiest Athlete

Anyone have an Air Fryer

If you have an Air Fryer, how do you like it, and do you have any goo recipes to share?
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #46
Be Kind To Your Pets

I just bought this used on Craigslist for $30. If it sucks and I don't like it, no big deal. I'll just put it back on CL and resell it.

https://www.amazon.com/NuWave-20631-...minipcstand-20
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #47
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
I just bought this used on Craigslist for $30. If it sucks and I don't like it, no big deal. I'll just put it back on CL and resell it.

So long as it works, I nearly guarantee you'll love it. If it quits, it's probably not worth trying to fix. But that's increasingly true in the evolving disposable tech society. But unless someone cooked a bunch of nasty stuff in it making it permanently smelly somehow [never heard of it, but I assume it's possible], or unless the body of it is cracked, it's nearly foolproof and does it's job quickly and quietly.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:04 PM   #48
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post

Uncleaned
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:19 PM   #49
Be Kind To Your Pets

I'll inspect it and if it's messed up I'll kick her ass in the Quik Trip parking lot!
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Both I and my parents have had the NuWave Flavorwave for YEARS and use them regularly.

I've had the Aldi version of this for a couple of years. Way more versatile than the air fryer. It was $39 and works great. Mine has an extender ring and will do a 14 lb. turkey.

I use it all the time. Great for chicken and fish. I do cottage fries and burgers at the same time, too (fries on top rack, burgers on bottom rack).
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:56 PM   #51
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
I've had the Aldi version of this for a couple of years. Way more versatile than the air fryer. It was $39 and works great. Mine has an extender ring and will do a 14 lb. turkey.

I use it all the time. Great for chicken and fish. I do cottage fries and burgers at the same time, too (fries on top rack, burgers on bottom rack).
Do the fries cook crispy with all that hamburger moisture in there?
fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #52
Supporter

Here's the one I have. Got it for $80 from Bed Bath and Beyond. They had a sale on it, plus they send you like 20% off coupons which I used to order it for store pickup online and then I also had another 20% off coupon for when you buy in store. They basically stacked both of those.

This thread inspired my lunch choice today - wings. Stuck em in frozen and hit the fried chicken setting - let them go until done and tossed them in sauce. Easy and good.

https://www.amazon.com/Family-Sized-...=mh0b-20&psc=1
Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:17 PM   #53
Supporter

I did try burgers in mine, didn't like how they turned out, the nuwave may be better for that purpose.
Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #54
Be Kind To Your Pets

Since mine is a Nuwave fryer do I have to play Gary Numan while I use it??
Old 03-05-2019, 04:10 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4ever View Post
Do the fries cook crispy with all that hamburger moisture in there?

They do. Since they're on the top rack they're close to the halogen heating element and not really affected by what's below.

Note: Aldi only offers the turbo convection oven a couple times per year (spring/fall maybe) but it's a heck of a deal.

Last edited by Stewie; 03-05-2019 at 04:18 PM..
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:26 PM   #56
Starter

I do use air fryer to cook sweet potato tots, chicken wings, onion rings, and more. Food is not greasy that is why I like it.
1claire is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.1claire is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.1claire is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.1claire is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.1claire is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.1claire is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:11 PM   #57
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
They do. Since they're on the top rack they're close to the halogen heating element and not really affected by what's below.
I thought perhaps with the air circulating that might be an issue; good to know.
fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:19 PM   #58
Supporter

We bought an air fryer a few months ago and like it a lot although we use it mostly for side dishes.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:25 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4ever View Post
I thought perhaps with the air circulating that might be an issue; good to know.

Just to be clear, these are cottage fries. They're not to be confused with anything deep fried. They are crunchy on the outside with creamy centers.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:10 AM   #60
Be Kind To Your Pets

I met up in Liberty with my Craig's List contact and picked up a Nuwave Pro for $30. It looks brand new. It was clean and came with all the original stuff. I made some steak fries in it last night. Turned out great and only took about 20 minutes. I think this is going to work out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nuwave.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	118022  
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote