Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 08-11-2018, 11:06 PM  
Ain't no relax!

Doom: Eternal

Trailer:

25 minutes of gameplay:

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:49 AM   #31
Ain't no relax!

Yeah, it's a good thing there's a bunch of other good looking releases this winter. That's when I do most of my gaming, when it's cold and shitty outside. Looking forward to Jedi:FO, Red Dead 2 PC, Death Stranding, etc. Hopefully that will tide me over till spring...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:51 AM   #32
mod-ish

Death Stranding, lol. I'm going to get that for no other reason than I want to see someone else's acid trip translated to a video game.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:59 AM   #33
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Death Stranding, lol. I'm going to get that for no other reason than I want to see someone else's acid trip translated to a video game.
Yeah, I'ma eat a bag of shrooms and binge as long as I can....
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:58 AM   #34
Ain't no relax!

Trailer 2:

Old 01-15-2020, 11:17 AM   #35
mod-ish

****ing hell. I'm going to have to key up the entire library of Rammstein songs and play them on a loop as this game gets ripped and torn through.

https://youtu.be/XirDCzZ-ITU?t=6993
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:08 PM   #36
Ain't no relax!

Yeah, this game is going to be ****ing intense with the grappling hook and the open environments. Battle on Earth, with a nation-sized pentagram seen from space. Battle in Hell. Then go to battle in Heaven. Death metal soundtrack pumping the whole time.

I just love iD's fast paced blood and guts big guns approach to FPS.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:41 AM   #37
Ain't no relax!

Yeah, so the coronavirus.. Friday the 13th.. Social panic.. ****ing toilet paper shortages......... it all makes sense....

6 days....

Old 03-15-2020, 10:42 AM   #38
mod-ish

I'll be ready to kill some demons by the 20th, lol.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:23 AM   #39
Ain't no relax!

Wait... we're getting some breaking news folks....

Old 03-18-2020, 08:43 PM   #40
Ain't no relax!

So...... less than 48 hours till official launch. Mother****ers at Gamestop have been giving out PS4 versions early because of the stupid beervirus.

I pre-ordered for PC on Amazon. Assuming they'd send me a download key or something so I could at least pre-download. But no, currently listed as "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. Please check back again" for like a week plus. Mother****ers. We got recommended social distancing. I need this. GIVE ME MY DOOM!! Does this mean they'll send me a dual disc in the mail several days after official release? A download key? No ****ing clue. And there's mother****ing demons already running wild out there. DAMMIT NOW!!
Old 03-19-2020, 11:24 AM   #41
Ain't no relax!

Mother****ers.....

Quote:
Hello,

We're contacting you about your order of DOOM Eternal - PC [Amazon Exclusive Bonus] to let you know that you may experience a delay in the delivery of this item.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:46 PM   #42
Ain't no relax!

**** Amazon. Cancelled the order. Bought through Steam. Downloaded in like 10 minutes. **** it. Let's play now! ****. ****!! MURDER KILL!! ()#%

Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 12:04 AM   #43
Ain't no relax!

OK, so I've finally had some time to play, after a chaotic stressful day at work. Initial thoughts:

The environments/lighting/etc are great. It looks and feels dark and desolate. The lighting is incredible. The music is ****ing metal pounding intensity that varies with the action. As usual, they knock it out of the park with the music sound track and effects.

The gameplay is different than the 2016 version though, and it's taken some time to get used to. They are really forcing you to use every weapon you have, and utilize each for specific purposes. Ammo is very limited in many spots. To the point you will run out of ammo in the middle of a fight with 6+ enemies. You have to utilize your chainsaw on enemies to spawn ammo, which is a permanent thing for the character, but it has limited fuel to use. The fuel regenerates over time, and you can find fuel canisters too. You also have to glory kill enemies to spawn health. Which you'll need to do in the midst of battle and move on like a John Wick scene. So it's a constant mixup of chainsawing/glory killing grunts to replenish ammo and health. You also have a badass shoulder-mounted gun that shoots grenades and works as a flamethrower. The flamethrower spawns armor shards. All of this must be done in a clever juggling act, while running around and double jumping your way out of danger. It's pretty stressful in spots. A really weird change is the regular melee punch. Which now does essentially no damage at all, just staggers the enemy for a 1/2 second. That's a big change from the 2016 version, in which I used the melee attack all the damn time, and it was so gratifying. They've completely nerfed it for some reason.

It's difficult, and requires some very fast paced strategy. The new map system is really cool though, so you can hunt down every single bonus item if you want. You slowly unlock new weapons/weapon mods/capabilities as you progress.

It's stressful, fast paced, brutal and bloody, and metal as hell. Haven't even touched the multiplayer battle mode yet...
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 12:09 AM   #44
Ain't no relax!

The devs are also pretty hilarious...

Old 03-22-2020, 11:32 AM   #45
mod-ish

Got it for the XBOX, loaded it up, and now I have to make a login for Bethesda.net? Did you have to do that too?