Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-16-2015, 07:58 AM  
Cheaterlover*

Marvel's "Ant-Man"

Can't find a thread and the new useless Google search function sucks donkey balls.

Just watched it in IMAX. I enjoyed it. Good origin story, had humor, human interest, decent action, decent effects, left it open to bring him right into the new movie canon. Wasn't stupid or silly as I feared. It won't make a ton of money but will be on par with some of the "Captain America" and "Thor" box office takes.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:53 PM   #46
I like 'em mustard & biscuits

saw the guy on Fox 4 who does the movie reviews give it 5 out of 5 popcorn bags AND make the statement that it's the best marvel movie yet. sure.....

then I saw it.
really good movie. I'm not voting it in as the best marvel flick...but really good!
I was tripping on the bald guy for half the movie. I'm like who IS he! then I realized...it's Eph from The Strain. sigh of relief. I get all ADD up on crap like that. lol
frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #47
Banned!

Took my oldest to see it last night. It was (surprisingly) really good.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #48
Banned

no way this is the best marvel movie lol. was very cliche but of course good.. but just your typical movie.. nothing earth moving like the avengers or even iron man
RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:06 PM   #49
I like 'em mustard & biscuits

yeah...agree...no way. but I was just so....surprised at how good it was!

and thank GOD they had my man Garret Morris make an appearance.....BUT....they missed the boat. they shoulda had him somehow someway dissing Ant Mans powers. that woulda be too funny.

@4:39

Last edited by frankotank; 07-22-2015 at 02:13 PM..
frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:13 AM   #50
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:10 PM   #51
Veteran

This was great!
DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:54 PM   #52
Whose house?

Damn good flick.
Marvel's proving they can make just about any property successful.
Micjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-24-2015, 09:44 PM   #53
sorta mod-ish

I REALLY don't feel any pull to go see this, but shit. Everybody, literally, is saying how they love this movie. I might have to break down and check it out. And like mic said, Marvel just can't ****ing miss right now. I never in a thousand years thought they would make a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, much less make it work. Why not Ant Man as well?
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:46 PM   #54
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I REALLY don't feel any pull to go see this, but shit. Everybody, literally, is saying how they love this movie. I might have to break down and check it out. And like mic said, Marvel just can't ****ing miss right now. I never in a thousand years thought they would make a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, much less make it work. Why not Ant Man as well?
I'll readily admit that I had low expectations going in. That might have played a role in why I liked it.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:36 AM   #55
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

I liked it. It's very light hearted at some points, but it works. And 2 of the most enjoyable scenes I've seen in a superhero movie are in this.

Spoiler!
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:56 AM   #56
Oh yeah..... you like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
I liked it. It's very light hearted at some points, but it works. And 2 of the most enjoyable scenes I've seen in a superhero movie are in this.

Spoiler!
Michael Pena said he ad libbed most of those stories. He based it off a friend he has whole tells him a whole bunch of bullshit to get to the point.
ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:48 AM   #57
MTFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Yeah I didn't even think Guardians of the galaxy was going to be a great movie.
thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:52 AM   #58
How tall is this thing?

Rock solid film. I was expecting a lot less, don't get me wrong I like Paul Rudd. Chiefs fan, has some funny scenes in several crude films that I own, but I never really figured him for a Marvel lead.

He really nails the role and Michael Douglas absolutely takes the film to the next level. I haven't seen that guy in anything relevant since I was in high school. His portrayal of Hank Pym was fantastic, and also was a huge element in the quieting down of comic book purists who wanted to see Hank Pym as the Ant Man, instead of Scott Lange.

Very enjoyable film, had some crazy action sequences and great special effects without blowing up the budget. Very well done all around, and no parts where the film dragged. No filler. It just kept rolling along start to finish.

Had some nice MCU tie ins in there as well, subtley dropped without beating the viewer over the head with it.

YellowJacket was ****ing badass. Ill probably see this again before it leaves theaters, and Ill definitely own it when it releases on blu ray.

Oh, and stay for the mid-credits scene. Looks to be pretty bad ass.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:17 AM   #59
Banned

I have an unexplainable, irrational hatred for Paul Rudd. Punch-able face. I will not see this movie. Ever.

Adam Levine too. I ****ing hate that guy!

Last edited by eDave; 07-25-2015 at 02:25 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:21 PM   #60
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler View Post

Oh, and stay for the mid-credits scene. Looks to be pretty bad ass.
There are 2 credits scenes. One mid-credits. And the other at the very end. The one at the end took like ****ing 10 minutes of waiting for, though.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.