Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM  
Supporter

Must Watch Series

All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a ****ton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.

Last edited by Buehler445; 08-09-2017 at 07:36 PM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:16 AM   #916
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
I liked umbrella, will have to try Locke, anybody see Killing Eve , I liked it , having a crazy, emphasis on crazy hot assassin helped keep me interested.
It's stylish and intriguing. It's a little bit pulpy/melodramatic if that isn't your style. But if you like location shooting, and cat/mouse intrigue between a sociopathic killing machine and a methodical detective, with a hint of romantic fascination/attraction, it's right up your alley.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:14 PM   #917
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
I liked umbrella, will have to try Locke, anybody see Killing Eve , I liked it , having a crazy, emphasis on crazy hot assassin helped keep me interested.
If you're binging, so time to catch up on Killing Eve. Returning early . . .

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:16 AM   #918
EvOlVeD

The Wizards of AUS:

quite funny. posting the first episode here, then you can find the rest on youtube
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:37 PM   #919
Starter

On the recommendation from a friend I started watching "Letterkenny" on Hulu. Some of the best laughs I've had in a long time. If you're looking for great comedy check it out.
Monkey God is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMonkey God is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMonkey God is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMonkey God is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMonkey God is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMonkey God is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMonkey God is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMonkey God is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMonkey God is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMonkey God is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 04-09-2020, 01:30 AM   #920
EvOlVeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey God View Post
On the recommendation from a friend I started watching "Letterkenny" on Hulu. Some of the best laughs I've had in a long time. If you're looking for great comedy check it out.
marinate on that one for a bit

i posted a thread about the show, not knowing there was already a thread about the show.
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:27 PM   #921
Banned

Please watch "Dave".
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:17 PM   #922
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post
marinate on that one for a bit

i posted a thread about the show, not knowing there was already a thread about the show.
I watched the whole show in about a week during this lockdown after a friend told me about it. Sure I’m missing some of the lingo but pretty amusing and some really hot Canadian women helps.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-13-2020, 09:48 AM   #923
MVP

I just have to say, if you haven't seen HBO's Succession, you should correct that mistake post-haste.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:48 PM   #924
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
I just have to say, if you haven't seen HBO's Succession, you should correct that mistake post-haste.
Love succession.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:20 AM   #925
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
Anybody watch Bosch on Amazon? This one of the best written , most realistic cop shows I've ever seen. I just finished a binge of Season 4.
Finally decided to pull the trigger on this one due to quarantine. Thus far, I've gotten through S1 and S2. Solid.

Infatuated with that HHW pad of his. Tumescent even.

[here's a link to the address used. You don't see much of the house from streetside, but slide over a couple yards to see the view you get FROM the house from a nearby clearing]

https://www.google.com/maps/place/18...8gEwAHoECAAQAQ

Also weird is seeing his daughter. Since this was the last time I'd seen her.

Spoiler!
Old 04-19-2020, 07:34 AM   #926
Blah Blah Blah

Just finished season 6 of Bosch. Loved it.
kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:07 AM   #927
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc rush View Post
Just finished season 6 of Bosch. Loved it.
glad to know it holds up, . . . staves off the scramble to find the next binge for a while during this mishegas.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:29 AM   #928
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
glad to know it holds up, . . . staves off the scramble to find the next binge for a while during this mishegas.
Yeah don’t quit on it. There are a few lulls but each season has a story that I ended up caring about.

There is some fairly extensive discussion I think in the Prime Video thread. Prolly ought to stay out until you’re through, but the long and short of it is this is a show I wouldn’t normally like. And I don’t know why I do but I dig it man. I wasn’t even a big Titus Welliver fan but he crushes it.

I really recommend sticking it out.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:54 AM   #929
Veteran

Sorry haven't read the entire thread but I just noticed Waco is now streaming on Netflix. Its a 6 part mini series that came out on Paramount Network back in 2018 and imo it was incredibly interesting.

Taylor Kitsch is a dead ringer as the cult leader and really surprised me with his acting chops in this one. He was scary good.
Also has Michael Shannon as the lead FBI negotiator and is also quite good.

Definitely a fast binge worthy mini series. I highly recommend it!
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:25 PM   #930
oxymoron

Just a heads up for fans, season 4 of The Last Kingdom hits Netflix on Sunday.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.