Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-04-2020, 09:45 AM  
MVP

"Tales from the Loop" - Amazon

Wife and I binged this show yesterday. Strange as all get out - but damned compelling. I recommend it if you are looking for something "different". If I had to bet, I would say that it's Amazon's "stranger things".

Last edited by Randallflagg; 04-04-2020 at 09:50 AM..
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:09 PM   #2
Supporter

Seems more akin to 'Dark' on netflix so far.
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:15 PM   #3
oxymoron

Just finished the first two episodes, and while I understand the comparisons to Stranger Things (the setting) and Dark (the weirdness), I think the show really stands on its own. I would say it's almost an indy film version of that genre of show. Serious, almost brooding, with a deep exploration of themes. Mature. And the score is amazing.

If it stays at the level of quality it's had so far, it may end up being the best of the three, if not necessarily the most watched. I really, really like it so far.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:16 PM   #4
Supporter

Simon Stålenhag

I have the books. They are fantastic.

Very Unique.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:22 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Just finished the first two episodes, and while I understand the comparisons to Stranger Things (the setting) and Dark (the weirdness), I think the show really stands on its own. I would say it's almost an indy film version of that genre of show. Serious, almost brooding, with a deep exploration of themes. Mature. And the score is amazing.

If it stays at the level of quality it's had so far, it may end up being the best of the three, if not necessarily the most watched. I really, really like it so far.

It stays - even gets progressively better. I found it strangely fascinating.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:56 PM   #6
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post

I love the score and the cinematography. There are so many shots that are simply amazing!
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:37 PM   #7
Supporter

I finished the season and must say it was easily one of the best sci-fi/drama series Ive seen in quite some time.

Such a consistent tone and pacing from episode to episode. Every main character had depth and range....made you care and become emotionally invested. Perfect balance of intense, tragic, triumphant and joyful moments throughout. My hats off to all involved. Well done!