Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Which 2019 playoff game was the best game -- ignoring what was on the line?
Chiefs v. Texans 59 55.66%
Chiefs v. Titans 13 12.26%
Chiefs v. 49ers 17 16.04%
ASKING ME TO CHOOSE A FAVORITE IS LIKE ASKING ME TO CHOOSE A FAVORITE CHILD! HOW DARE YOU ASK ME THIS, I CANNOT! 17 16.04%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2020, 02:26 PM  
Just a li'l Evel

Rank the three 2019 Chiefs playoff games -- as standalone games.

Got some extra time and re-watching all our playoff games, as kept on my DVR under "never delete, ever"

Wondering what you guys think:

Rank the games WITHOUT considering what was on the line.

i know, it's hard. Trying to mentally erase the emotional imprint of SB LIV is like Clay trying to forget that Darth Vader is Luke's father. But try.

Which is your favorite, why?

Chiefs v. Texans "The worst quarter of football, followed by the best quarter of football"

Chiefs v. Titans "Derrick WHOnry?"

Chiefs v. 49ers. "The "not-so-fast" game or "the 8-minute drill"

poll forthcoming.

Bonus points for ranking all three, with reason.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:03 PM   #16
In Search of a Life

Superbowl-The first Superbowl win I can remember
Titans - Going to the First Superbowl I can remember
Texans - Kicking the Because Chiefs Mantra in the Nuts...

I was privileged to be at all 3, cried at the SB and the AFC Championship game. Titans game was a party in the 2nd half!
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:47 PM   #17
Politically Incorrect

3. Mahomes beating the Colts after years of losing in the playoffs (Sorry going back to 2018 with Mahomes)

2. Beating the Texans with one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history

1. I know people will not believe this but beating the Titans for me WAS my Super Bowl and I just felt it was our destiny to win. The 65 yard bomb to Sammy Watkins was my highest moment as a Chief's fan I can remember. Knowing that we FINALLY made it was incredible.

Super Bowl was great and again to comeback was exceptional but it felt like it was already in the cards.

Last edited by scho63; 04-06-2020 at 06:54 PM..
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:49 PM   #18
MVP

They all sucked!

Last edited by SuperBowl4; 04-06-2020 at 11:19 PM..
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:16 AM   #19
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
1. I know people will not believe this but beating the Titans for me WAS my Super Bowl and I just felt it was our destiny to win. The 65 yard bomb to Sammy Watkins was my highest moment as a Chief's fan I can remember. Knowing that we FINALLY made it was incredible.
This was the only game that made me tear up. I thought I would if we won the superbowl but didn't.
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:48 AM   #20
Veteran

Think I'd take the texans game because it was hell to start and then immediately flipped and the rest of the game was a ****ing cakewalk. That was so enjoyable. Plus it gave me full confidence that the team could do it against any team in the playoffs.

The super bowl was too intense for too long. I believed (check the thread if you dont believe me) but it was too high in anxiety to be the most enjoyable.

The titans gave was the most forgettable for me. It just seemed like a game we were always going to win but weren't really able to break out either. The bomb to Watkins to seal it and Sorensen got on Tannehill are really the only plays that have stuck with me.
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-07-2020, 08:42 AM   #21
MVP

While the 9ers game was impressive individually, this team did some wild shit against Houston. I was at the game, and may have cried in amazement at the end. When we went down 24 i was in line getting two more beers, for what i thought was gonna be the longest game of my life. And the guy next to me said "Well get ready for the greatest come back in playoff history." We toasted to that ( which is weird considering the covid thing now). Then his prophecy came true.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:54 AM   #22
Consuming CP souls

Titans. Best live sporting event atmosphere ever
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:18 AM   #23
I’m a Mahomo!

Rewatch ability:
1. Texans game.
2. Super Bowl vs 49ers
3. Titans game
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:19 AM   #24
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
While the 9ers game was impressive individually, this team did some wild shit against Houston. I was at the game, and may have cried in amazement at the end. When we went down 24 i was in line getting two more beers, for what i thought was gonna be the longest game of my life. And the guy next to me said "Well get ready for the greatest come back in playoff history." We toasted to that ( which is weird considering the covid thing now). Then his prophecy came true.

That was me!
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:28 AM   #25
Would an idiot do that?

Speaking purely from the standpoint of entertainment....

The Texans game kind of sucked... all Texans, followed by all Chiefs. The roller coaster was obviously fun (eventually) and how quickly they turned it around was insane... but, it really was just that ~8 minutes of excitement, because you knew they would win after that, and the Texans never put up a fight once the Chiefs completed the initial comeback.

The Super Bowl was very well played... think about the lack of punts in a fairly low scoring game. Long drives without much sloppy play... a quality game throughout. The downside of course being they were down in the 2nd half and it was about to enter the pit of despair with the 2nd interception.

That leaves the Titans game, which gets my vote... tough to remove the bias of being at Arrowhead that day, but even after Mahomes' amazing run and the feeling they'd win the 2nd half, it was a fairly close game... and that feeling of holding on in the 2nd half >>>>> the feeling of "oh shit, this needs to start happening if it's going to happen" in the 2nd half of the SB. It was more of a 'sustained' excitement, I guess, versus the other two games that were relatively shorter bursts of crazy excitement.

From purely the standpoint of quality football and removing the Chiefs bias as much as I can, I'd say the Super Bowl... the Titans played pretty well, but it was clear why they were the 6 seed, and the 49ers were clearly the better opponent overall. The Super Bowl was the heavyweight matchup that lived up to the hype.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #26
MVP

Texans & "Because Mahomes." The Texans will retain their HC-GM. Win-win
OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:15 PM   #27
Bolton gonna knock you out

Looking at it as just games instead of the stakes that were on the line. Texans was without a doubt an amazing game. Couldn’t have scripted a better game. Prob one of the most fun games I’ve watched from a game standpoint. Then I’d have to go with Titans, and then SB. Texans was just fun all the way through (aside from spotting them 24 first).
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:47 PM   #28
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Best drama was the Texans game HANDS DOWN as the poll reveals.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:50 PM   #29
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint View Post
" The Texans will retain their HC-GM. Win-win
How this happened is beyond me. I actually feel sorry for Texan fans. O'Brien trying to out do Pioli no doubt.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.