Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 04-06-2020, 03:27 PM  
Veteran

A Great Baseball Player Died Today

I know that most of you are too young to remember this guy. Many of you have probably never even heard of him. But former Detroit Tiger Al Kaline died today at the age of 85.

He was known as "Mr. Tiger". In a 22 year career with the Tigers, Kaline was an 18 time All Star. He was a 10 time Gold Glove winner as an outfielder. He was the youngest player to ever win the American League batting title when he hit .340 in 1955 as a 20 year old. He hit .300 or better in nine seasons.

Al Kaline was a first ballot Hall of Famer, elected during his first year of eligibility in 1980.

Al Kaline was a class act. He was a baseball players, baseball player.

Sad to see yet another of the great players of baseball's Golden Years of the 1950's and 1960's leave us. A time period when every team was filled with superstars and future Hall of Famers abounded.

Rest in Peace, Al Kaline. You were a credit to the game of baseball.
theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:19 PM   #16
Rabbi Goldmann

Thot this thread would be about Alcides escobar
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:19 PM   #17
I don’t care for Auburn

Remember watching him on that old Home Run Derby show. RIP.
RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:20 PM   #18
Beer Sherpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSponge View Post
Al Kaline would still sign any thing, for any one...for a $10 bill.
I have his autograph.

It was free back whenever I got it.
Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:26 PM   #19
Seeking the Truth daily

My uncle was one of the greatest influences on my life. We lost him far too early at 53. He lived in Detroit, was an exec for GM, a WW2 Navy Vet, and played basketball for a small college in Ohio.

He took me to see a Tigers game in Detroit and Al Kaline was on that team.

RIP Mr Kaline, you brought joy to a man I loved deeply.

Sports do bring us together.
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:48 PM   #20
The only constant is change

He was a household name when I was a kid. Had his name on several things, glove, etc. RIP Mr. Al Kaline
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:04 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel Goat View Post
I have his autograph.

It was free back whenever I got it.
Wasn't criticizing. Those poor guys of that era never made any real coin. Many of them still have to make money to live.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:26 PM   #22
Mod Team

My mom's entire side of the family is from Michigan and mainly Detroit.

My uncle was the engineer of a minor league ballpark in Michigan for a AA team. Every year Mr. Kaline would come out and throw the first pitch, at the first game of the season. He never missed it. He meant so much to that state.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:39 PM   #23
Be Kind To Your Pets

I know all about Al Kaline. He was one of my dad's favorite players. Came up to Detroit as a teenager, and played his entire career with the Tigers. He's beloved in Detroit like Brett is in KC. Sorry to see he's passed, but 85 is a good run.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:21 PM   #24
Curmudgeon

I don't remember the year, but my dad, uncle, cousin, and myself were at an afternoon game at old Muni. Kaline hit a homer off one of the A's rag-arm pitchers that not only left the stadium, but must have bounced off Brooklyn because it broke a window on one of the houses across the street.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:39 AM   #25
Politically Incorrect

I remember seeing the last few years of Kaline's career. A great player and from all accounts, a great all around human being.

He got his money's worth out of life.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:40 AM   #26
Has a particular set of skills

I enjoyed watching Bob Gibson strike out Al Kaline. Does that count?

But seriously, He seemed to be a great guy and played the game the "right way". Respect was due.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:59 PM   #27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldcoach View Post
It was George Kell, who himself was a Hall of Fame Tiger 3rd baseman.
YES! George Kell! Thanks!
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli