Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-04-2018, 08:33 PM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Quote:
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:05 PM   #451
oxymoron

I'm probably dropping disney+ after the clone wars ends, until Mando returns. Just nothing there for me right now.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:17 PM   #452
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I'm probably dropping disney+ after the clone wars ends, until Mando returns. Just nothing there for me right now.
I don't blame you, especially since all of the Marvel TV shows have been delayed and the Obi Wan and Cassian Andor shows won't debut until 2021 at the very earliest.

It's fairly impressive how quickly Disney was able to put together the Disney+ app, void most of their Star Wars licensing deals, pull content from Netflix, Amazon, TBS and others while converting a massive catalog to 4K.

But what's been far less than impressive is the availability of new content, which is the main draw for probably a good 35% of their subscribers. With current work environment being restricted, this will only hurt their subscriber base and cash flow, which is already reeling due to the shutdown of their parks division.

It's not a good time to be the CEO of Disney.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:45 PM   #453
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I don't blame you, especially since all of the Marvel TV shows have been delayed and the Obi Wan and Cassian Andor shows won't debut until 2021 at the very earliest.

It's fairly impressive how quickly Disney was able to put together the Disney+ app, void most of their Star Wars licensing deals, pull content from Netflix, Amazon, TBS and others while converting a massive catalog to 4K.

But what's been far less than impressive is the availability of new content, which is the main draw for probably a good 35% of their subscribers. With current work environment being restricted, this will only hurt their subscriber base and cash flow, which is already reeling due to the shutdown of their parks division.

It's not a good time to be the CEO of Disney.
Is that why Iger exited stage left? I mean he left before the virus wrecked life for his parks, but nonetheless.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:46 PM   #454
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Is that why Iger exited stage left? I mean he left before the virus wrecked life for his parks, but nonetheless.
There was a rumor floating around town that Iger was given a head's up on the impact that COVID-19 may have on the US, leading him to abruptly step down, but I haven't been able to absolutely confirm that was this case.

Iger said the reason for leaving was that he wanted to spend more time on "the creative side of things" but I don't personally buy that explanation. It's like not he was a Creative in the past and he all had the creative power in the world as the CEO of Disney.

My opinion is that he indeed did know about the virus and recommended the Head of Parks to take over as CEO because that's really their biggest issue moving forward and there's no one better qualified to run the entire entity than Bob Chapek at this point in time.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:18 PM   #455
oxymoron

Iger isn't the only one that got a heads up. There ought to be a ton of people under investigation right now. But none of them ever will be.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:15 AM   #456
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Iger isn't the only one that got a heads up. There ought to be a ton of people under investigation right now. But none of them ever will be.
Unless Iger dumped a bunch of stock options I’m not sure he did anything unethical other than save face. I’m with Dane the whole creative thing doesn’t pass the smell test but I’m not sure he did anything nefarious other than not deal with it.

It should be noted that I haven’t paid attention to his stock options or compensation. I could be all the way wrong here.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #457
Supporter

Quote:
Unless Iger dumped a bunch of stock options I’m not sure he did anything unethical other than save face. I’m with Dane the whole creative thing doesn’t pass the smell test but I’m not sure he did anything nefarious other than not deal with it.

It should be noted that I haven’t paid attention to his stock options or compensation. I could be all the way wrong here.
FYI, Iger is still under contract with Disney through the end of 2021 and there have been no reports of any improprieties.

While I personally believe the press release was weird in its content, the fact of the matter is that Bob Iger oversaw the acquisitions of Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox during his 14 years as CEO, along with the launch of Disney+ and the renovation and additions to several theme parks, including the $2 billion dollar Galaxy's Edge Star Wars land.

While he may or may not have been tipped off about the virus, he's accomplished more in the past 14 years than most Entertainment CEO's accomplish in decades. He's 69 years old and has pretty much done it all, so IMO, it's more likely than not that the reason for stepping down is just to enjoy life instead of constantly putting out fires.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:06 PM   #458
Supporter

Quote:
FYI, Iger is still under contract with Disney through the end of 2021 and there have been no reports of any improprieties.

While I personally believe the press release was weird in its content, the fact of the matter is that Bob Iger oversaw the acquisitions of Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox during his 14 years as CEO, along with the launch of Disney+ and the renovation and additions to several theme parks, including the $2 billion dollar Galaxy's Edge Star Wars land.

While he may or may not have been tipped off about the virus, he's accomplished more in the past 14 years than most Entertainment CEO's accomplish in decades. He's 69 years old and has pretty much done it all, so IMO, it's more likely than not that the reason for stepping down is just to enjoy life instead of constantly putting out fires.
I’d agree.

I remember doing a case study on Disney right about the time he was hired. Disney was performing really badly and I thought to myself, how do you un**** this? Shitcanning your CEO and hiring this Bob Iger fella probably ain’t it.

15 years later.... LOL
Old 04-07-2020, 02:24 PM   #459
Supporter

Quote:
I’d agree.

I remember doing a case study on Disney right about the time he was hired. Disney was performing really badly and I thought to myself, how do you un**** this? Shitcanning your CEO and hiring this Bob Iger fella probably ain’t it.

15 years later.... LOL
It's really extraordinary.

During my five years at Universal, it was owned chronologically by Panasonic and Seagram's (Vivendi's acquisition occurred after I'd left). Outside of publishing and Geffen records, the music and film divisions were garbage. They brought in new CEO's with every purchase and were never able to turn it around, let alone, rival Disney under Iger.

MCA/Universal was known to everyone that ever worked in the business, whether on the business or creative side, as Music Cemetery of America, which why the name was changed in 1996 to Universal.

I was at Paramount for nearly a decade and it was worse. I can't even count the number of people that ran Paramount/Viacom/CBS during that time and Paramount was constantly struggling. If not for the Titanic movie, which was a joint venture between Paramount & Sony, Paramount might be out of business today (although they're barely in it today).

The bottom line is that we may never see another Bob Iger in the entertainment world for decades, if ever again.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:59 PM   #460
Supporter

Disney+ subscribers topped 50 million as of yesterday.

They were hoping to hit 60 million by 2023.

Iger is a wizard.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:28 PM   #461
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

Iger is a wizard.
Baby Yoda is all powerful indeed.

why did he leave? I know it was to be creative but that sounds like so much BS, no idea who would believe that crap.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:34 PM   #462
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Baby Yoda is all powerful indeed.

why did he leave? I know it was to be creative but that sounds like so much BS, no idea who would believe that crap.
I posted what I know just a few posts up from this
Old 04-08-2020, 08:32 PM   #463
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
I posted what I know just a few posts up from this
That makes sense. He’s 69. Not working on curing cancer but entertainment. I could see him and every other businessman at that age packing it in. How ever you enjoy life, just enjoy life.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:38 AM   #464
BAMF!

Quote:

Iger is a wizard.
They probably didn't factor in a global pandemic keeping entire nation's populations trapped inside their boring-ass homes. But it is still damn impressive. With that said, I am about to cancel it until Clone Wars concludes.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 04-09-2020, 12:12 PM   #465
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
They probably didn't factor in a global pandemic keeping entire nation's populations trapped inside their boring-ass homes. But it is still damn impressive. With that said, I am about to cancel it until Clone Wars concludes.
Disney originally hoped to hit 30 million subscribers by 2022, only to hit that number in January 2020, IIRC, which exceeded projections by several years.

Also, keep in mind that the overwhelming majority of subscribers are from the US at this point, as Disney+ just launched in the UK, Germany and France.

They've only aired like Episode 2 or 3 of The Mandalorian in those countries, so they'll likely see another bump in numbers, once all 8 episodes are available in those territories.