Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:13 PM   #2566
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
Yeah, I am not sure where he is coming from there. Springfield is a very reputable gun maker.
I actually did have one issue with it when I first purchased it; the factory sights were off and non-adjustable. Replaced them with Trijicons and after that everything was fine. It was very accurate, reliable and fun to shoot.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:17 PM   #2567
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
Success! Thank you....
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:18 PM   #2568
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Yes sorry, I just looked it up, and it appears Beretta has discontinued the 17 round magazine. But the 15 round magazines will fit your firearm.
No problem! Noted the 15 round works as well for future refence. Explains why they were so hard to find.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:21 PM   #2569
Supporter

I never had a problem with Springfield, but I will never buy another ****ing thing from them. After their gun control bullshit and continuing payments to gun control legislators
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:12 PM   #2570
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
I never had a problem with Springfield, but I will never buy another ****ing thing from them. After their gun control bullshit and continuing payments to gun control legislators

This is part of my issue with them.

I was speaking solely about the xd series pistol. They are highly suspect quality wise. I wont get into it too much, but if you speak to any real instructor they will probably tell you that the pistols they see with the most catastrophic failures and the highest stoppage rates are xd series pistols.

Springfeild 1911s are great, but like mac said, **** them and their politics.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:36 PM   #2571
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh View Post
This is part of my issue with them.

I was speaking solely about the xd series pistol. They are highly suspect quality wise. I wont get into it too much, but if you speak to any real instructor they will probably tell you that the pistols they see with the most catastrophic failures and the highest stoppage rates are xd series pistols.

Springfeild 1911s are great, but like mac said, **** them and their politics.
Hmm, I never heard anything negative about XDs before. My gunsmith actually uses one in competition. Of course, he's certainly tinkered with his to the point that it's far beyond one straight out of the box.

I had forgotten about Springfield's political gaffe. They backtracked from it quickly, but the damage was done. The only Springfield product I currently own is an M1A.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:07 PM   #2572
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

For you 80% enthusiasts, this looks fun...

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:06 PM   #2573
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
You need a permit to own a suppressor?

In Kansas we just need the federal tax stamp. $200 and a 6-9 month wait, which is complete bullshit.

Yes, get as many suppressors as you can. They are awesome. If you shoot prone get the best one regardless of weight, if you are free shooting get a lightweight one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
He probably meant the tax stamp. My brother applied for his a couple years ago and it took 5 months. I'm must guessing, but right now it probably would take a year or more.
No I have talked to several places about getting suppressor. You have to get a permit for each and everyone and each one has to be registered.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:30 PM   #2574
Supporter

So I went through my shed, needed cleaned and organized, after a couple years of not doing it. Got ammo all sorted, boxed, all mags loaded up, and stashed. After going through all my spare parts I had laying around, I was able to build 3 more rifles. So I now need to order more parts.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:34 PM   #2575
Fish are scared of me

Thinking about getting one of these:

Or this:

Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:43 PM   #2576
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
No I have talked to several places about getting suppressor. You have to get a permit for each and everyone and each one has to be registered.
Good lord. I figured Arkansas would be a little better than that.

Set up a Trust and buy the suppressors through the trust so they can be possessed by multiple people, and if you die they won't be seized by ATF. The people listed on the trust will legally acquire the gear.

https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/pr...IaAhpWEALw_wcB
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #2577
Supporter

Quote:

Set up a Trust and buy the suppressors through the trust so they can be possessed by multiple people, and if you die they won't be seized by ATF. The people listed on the trust will legally acquire the gear.

Oh wow. That’s good info.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:17 PM   #2578
Supporter

Everyone always thinks of me as some kind of big time lefty in DC, but here is my setup:
(1st weapon in nightstand next to bed)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4DF5670E-D8C8-4174-9665-C0CAA2B0D691.jpeg
Views:	421
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	120284   Click image for larger version

Name:	90E300C3-13CE-4AED-A06C-BA6109012883.jpeg
Views:	427
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	120286  
banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 07:18 PM   #2579
Fish are scared of me

Quote:

Thanks for the link, this is something I've been needing to get done for years and especially now.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:25 PM   #2580
Supporter

Why should you use an NFA Gun Trust?

December 30, 2015

NFA

When most people hear about NFA Gun Trusts, the concept can be a little difficult to grasp. Now that 41F has passed, there is a lot of outdated information still floating around the interwebs. We'd like to point out that there are still many advantages to registering your silencer through a trust and here is a brief overview of a few of them.

Multiple People Can Share Possession

Most people have family members or friends who may need access to their NFA items from time to time. NFA Gun TrustFor example, imagine you're not home and your spouse ends up using the suppressor on a home defense gun. (Yes, you should definitely use a suppressor in that situation.) If you registered using a trust, and added your spouse as a trustee, you're good to go - but, if you registered as an individual, your spouse will have committed a felony. As a second example, imagine going hunting with your son. If you head to one blind and he goes to another - he's committing a felony if he takes the suppressor and you registered it as an individual. There are countless examples like these - where registering using a trust simply makes more sense.

It's a More Flexible Option

We often talk to young people who think the previous reason doesn't apply to them because they're single. It turns out that using a trust is also more flexible than registering as an individual because trustees can be added or removed at any time. For you young/single people out there, if you're ever going to get married or have kids you'll definitely want to register using a trust now. Moving a suppressor from an individual registration to a trust or corporation requires an additional $200 tax stamp. Keep in mind that it's your responsibility to ensure the trustees can legally posses a suppressor (i.e. they're at least 18 years old and that they haven't committed a felony). Because of this, most people limit the trustees to either family or close friends.

Registering Using a Trust is Faster

At Silencer Shop, we submit 10's of thousands of NFA applications every year - and we consistently see that trust registrations get approved roughly 4 weeks faster. Of course, this does vary; but, the ATF process is long enough already without adding any additional time.

Traditional vs. "Single Shot" Trusts

The post 41F silencer market has changed a bit. It's not any more difficult - as some would lead you to believe - but it is different. The gap between trust and individual filing has shrunk significantly and having a trust with a long list of trustees can sometimes be difficult to manage if you have responsible parties listed on your trust, who aren't in the mood to go get their fingerprints done. Silencer Shop acknowledges this and has a solution for you! Our Single Shot Trust is designed to be a single trust for a single silencer (or other NFA item). No notary, no scanning documents, no keeping track of items held within. The trust is named after the serial number of the item you are registering and you can add trustees through a simple amendment form after you receive approval! It isn't a replacement for the tried-and-true traditional trust, but it is the right solution for some. Click here to learn more about the Single Shot Trust and see if it is the right solution for your needs.

Conclusion

We hope it's clear why using a trust is a great way to register any NFA item - such as suppressors or short barrel rifles. Fortunately, setting up a trust only takes a few minutes - and only has to be done once. If you're looking into buying an NFA item of any kind, from anybody, we highly recommend you start out the process by using a gun trust.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote