Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-26-2021, 05:06 PM  
Mindful Taoist German

Help Rausch switch to PC

I don't have the time, knowledge, or patience to build my own.

I selected the parts and compared cyberpowerpc, CLX, maingear, AVAdirect, Digitalstorm, and VRLA.

I ended up about $350 over what I wanted to spend but...eh.

So since I've been a Mac guy my whole life and never built a PC help me out. Don't hesitate to point out anything I missed or part conflicts. Suggestions and advice appreciated.

Pic of specs in 1st post...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:17 AM   #61
Mindful Taoist German

Things I'm already noticing: my internet speed is actually insane good. 11 year old hardware was most of the problem before (2011 iMac.) Browsing the internet (including sites like steam, youtube, and graphics heavy stuff) loads instantly. Like I'm loading a document. Hell, there are no start up times on applications. Like NONE. An M.2 is the way to go. Two days ago I was typing on CP, watching trailers on steam, ordering a pizza on a 3rd browser (Opera any good?) and there was no wait between any of it.

I can't wait to game on this. CLX sent some "game test specs" on the desktop but I really don't know what they mean or if they're to be believed.

Oh, and my TV was recognized immediately and the output catered to. There's no fuzziness or blurring around text and everything is sharp. I'm sure I'll have to change the TV's settings for gaming to get frames later but as far as desktop computing everything looks great.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:05 AM   #62
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Be sure you have your monitor settings at optimum level.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2021, 10:09 AM   #63
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Yeah, I need to talk with Clx. I could swear I got a cheap hybrid one (looked a lot like a really fat power strip) with lan, cable, and 8 plug surge protection. I think it was a 5 or 10 minute supply. It didn't ship with it though and it doesn't appear on my shipping list. I probably need to take a trip to wally world today for one of those and and xbox controller.

If I do should I get current gen or can I get last gen? Is there a big trade off? I was hoping I could use my PS4 for controller compatible games...
The only advice I can offer here is there's a lot of games that transitioned from console to PC where the control doesn't transcend well. Dying Light comes to mind.

Since the two thumb joysticks were added I can't use them well at all so I avoid games that require them to work well. You'll have to pick a different brain then mine on that subject. I'm way to integrated on PC.

As far as internet speed, yes, an 11 year old computer isn't going to be able to take advantage of new TCP/IP, UDP and various telecom protocols. You're in for a treat.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2021, 10:25 AM   #64
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Be sure you have your monitor settings at optimum level.
I believe the TV's max is 60hrtz/60 fps. It's set to that. I have to switch TV/MOVIES and gaming because of TV's 20 or 30 fps standard.

I know I'm taking frames off the table but they're frames I won't miss because I've never played much on a monitor so I won't notice the difference in that only the difference between PS4 on TV and PC (with 3060) on TV.

A new gaming-friendly TV is probably 2 or 3 years down the road...
Old 06-26-2021, 10:44 PM   #65
Mindful Taoist German

Got Valheim and played about 3 hours with a friend tonight. Yeah, that's addictive and just as much of a grinding time eater as Ark. Fun though.

D'loaded the Nvidia update for my graphics card to help optimize it for newer games. I do like how it stores specific game profiles.

And this came on the desktop. No idea of this is legit or blowing smoke up my ass...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CLX timespy score.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	122715  
Old 06-26-2021, 11:11 PM   #66
Banned

Quote:
Got Valheim and played about 3 hours with a friend tonight. Yeah, that's addictive and just as much of a grinding time eater as Ark. Fun though.

D'loaded the Nvidia update for my graphics card to help optimize it for newer games. I do like how it stores specific game profiles.

And this came on the desktop. No idea of this is legit or blowing smoke up my ass...
It's legit. My MSI laptop has something similar. Dragon Center.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2021, 11:34 AM   #67
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
I believe the TV's max is 60hrtz/60 fps. It's set to that. I have to switch TV/MOVIES and gaming because of TV's 20 or 30 fps standard.

I know I'm taking frames off the table but they're frames I won't miss because I've never played much on a monitor so I won't notice the difference in that only the difference between PS4 on TV and PC (with 3060) on TV.

A new gaming-friendly TV is probably 2 or 3 years down the road...
Didn’t catch that you were using a TV. I’ve seen stories of people having a fast monitor and not adjusting for optimal frame rates for a year. If your experience is currently good, good on you.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2021, 04:04 PM   #68
Veteran

Doom Eternal is on sale with the steam summer sale right now. Highly recommend and would fly on your new rig!
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 07-12-2021, 04:05 PM   #69
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
Doom Eternal is on sale with the steam summer sale right now. Highly recommend and would fly on your new rig!
I thought it was over.

Lemmechek...