Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 10-16-2017, 09:19 PM  
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Netflix: Mindhunter

Anybody else watching this? Amazing show. The main characters are based on John Douglas and Robert Ressler, the first FBI agents to gain insight into the minds of serial killers by interviewing them in prison (Douglas was the basis for Scott Glenn's character in Silence of the Lambs). Set in the late 70s. I'm three episodes in and really enjoying it.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:28 PM   #91
oxymoron

So if you're like me, and usually skip the intros, don't skip the one for episode 9. You'll hear why.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:38 PM   #92
oxymoron

Got to admit, I was a little...surprised how lenient they were with the character of Wayne Williams. I haven't read the Mindhunter book, but I have the impression that Douglas (he's Ford in the series) is convinced to this day that Williams was the one responsible, and not just for the two murders he's doing time for.

Going to be interesting to see what happens now that the city of Atlanta has re-opened the investigation, though.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:47 PM   #93
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Got to admit, I was a little...surprised how lenient they were with the character of Wayne Williams. I haven't read the Mindhunter book, but I have the impression that Douglas (he's Ford in the series) is convinced to this day that Williams was the one responsible, and not just for the two murders he's doing time for.

Going to be interesting to see what happens now that the city of Atlanta has re-opened the investigation, though.
He did an interview (Douglas) a few years ago. IIRC he said he felt Wayne was involved in around 13 of the murders, but that there was far more to the story of the Atlanta childmurders and the truth was “very unpleasant”.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:54 PM   #94
oxymoron

I'm about to re-listen to an interview from a few weeks ago, linked it earlier in the thread. I was doing other things while I listened the first time, so I may not have heard what I thought I heard.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:50 PM   #95
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Starting Episode 6 now. We'll probably wrap it up tomorrow night.

The casting director should get an Emmy. The people they got to portray Manson and Berkowitz were amazing.

Great show.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:11 AM   #96
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzoner View Post
Just finished season 2 last night,the dude playing Charlie Manson nails it too.
Same guy played Manson in the new Tarantino movie.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:55 AM   #97
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Same guy played Manson in the new Tarantino movie.
Damon Herriman. He was also Dewey Crowe in Justified.

He's the Olivier of whacked out scumbags.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:21 AM   #98
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post

Now, you give him a title like that, . . . and the anus is awn you to duhfend it.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:48 AM   #99
Supporter

Quote:

LOL. Whenever I see him I almost always yell out DEWEY!
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2019, 01:11 PM   #100
oxymoron

Watching this inspired me to listen to all of Atlanta Monster again, and holy shit what a nuts case.

Wayne Williams seems to be responsible for about half of the official list, and the rest, who the **** knows. It'll be interesting to see what changes, if anything, now that they're going to put modern eyes and tech on it.
Old 08-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #101
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Watching this inspired me to listen to all of Atlanta Monster again, and holy shit what a nuts case.

Wayne Williams seems to be responsible for about half of the official list, and the rest, who the **** knows. It'll be interesting to see what changes, if anything, now that they're going to put modern eyes and tech on it.
But didn't the murders stop after he was arrested? Had there been another killer, they wouldn't have.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:05 PM   #102
oxymoron

Quote:
But didn't the murders stop after he was arrested? Had there been another killer, they wouldn't have.
That's a point of some contention, whether the killings stopped, or whether they stopped looking for killings that fit the original MO once they had Wayne. Some folks evidently think the mayor's office just wanted the media coverage to end.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:35 PM   #103
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
That's a point of some contention, whether the killings stopped, or whether they stopped looking for killings that fit the original MO once they had Wayne. Some folks evidently think the mayor's office just wanted the media coverage to end.
I can believe that. Hard to believe they were able to get anything done in that political quagmire.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:50 PM   #104
oxymoron

Yeah, first black mayor in a deep south city with a police force riddled with Klan members and somebody is killing black kids? It's a miracle they caught anyone.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:25 PM   #105
In Search of a Life

Great series. I thought it moved along pretty well except the superfluous scenes with the doctor and her girlfriend. Pretty boring. She is a dud of a character. The Manson character was spot on.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.