Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 04-17-2021, 12:09 PM  
In Search of a Life

Greta Van Fleet!

New album Battle at Garden Gate rocks! These guys are the future of Rock / Prog music. They put on an amazing live show too.

https://thebattleatgardensgate.com/
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:35 PM   #2
Veteran

The "future of rock" is a Led Zeppelin cover band?
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:57 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
What Zep cover songs have they put out on their records?
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:45 PM   #4
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
Music is derivative.

You can be a ****in edgy negative nancy or you can enjoy the killer music these kids are pumping out.

Your choice to be a fan~
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:46 AM   #5
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
Music is derivative.

You can be a ****in edgy negative nancy or you can enjoy the killer music these kids are pumping out.

Your choice to be a fan~
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:34 AM   #6
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
Music is derivative.

Your choice to be a fan~
Yeah, I don't get all the ancient Led Zep fans constantly putting this band down. GVF did a talent show in HIGH SCHOOL and played some ZEP songs. They nailed them and the videos went viral.

Since then, a lot of ZEP fans stuck in 1970 have acted like GVF did a remake of Stairway to Heaven (a song that was mired in copyright litigation btw) and they just won't let it go.

Besides the few screams on Highway Tune- I don't think they sound like Zep at all. The new CD seems more Rush-inspired.

If you don't like them that is fine, but why go out of your way to post the same Zep clone nonsense on every social media post?
Old 04-18-2021, 03:43 PM   #7
Cheaterlover*

They sound a lot like Zep. They're still very good. David Coverdale sounded a lot like Robert Plant. Whitesnake still had some good tunes. Stone Temple Pilots initially were called a ripoff of Pearl Jam who were called a ripoff of Nirvana. More bands have been called the "new Beatles" than I can remember (Oasis, Jet, Arctic Monkeys, blah blah blah). There's only 12 frigging notes, people.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-18-2021, 04:54 PM   #8
Supporter

I am getting very rush-esque vibes from this new album as well. Instant classics in Heat Above, Broken Bells, The Barbarians... overall best album to date.
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:48 PM   #9
Consuming CP souls

Meh
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:02 PM   #10
Veteran

Just my opinion but I think the gimmick will soon run its course
MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:24 PM   #11
Supporter

I enjoy listening to Greta but cmon, they sound a lot like Zeppelin. Of course, they will never be Zep. They're was only one Zeppelin and nobody has ever been able to match that greatness.

That won't stop me from enjoying the music of GVF.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:10 PM   #12
a.k.a. Lenny

I like it. Beats most shit done these days.
Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:38 AM   #13
For The Glory Of The City

Halfcan and GVF.

They really deserve eachother.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:46 AM   #14
Mahomes Fanboi

I typically hold off on critiquing any rock artist, as the world really needs a rock resurgence.

When I first heard GVF I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Obviously the Led Zep similarities crank through the speakers, but I didn't care.... because when something is GOOD, I want more of it.

That said, I am going to say something very hypocritical in my next statement:

You can't completely ripoff a bands stage presence also... sorry. When I watched them live and saw the GVF singer acting exactly like Plant on stage (Standing shirtless, twirling his long necklace in his fingers)... they lost me. It was too much. I get having your influences come through your art as Music is a collection of influences, but not having any originality will lose me.

If you enjoy GVF for whatever reasons, I'm really happy for you! Maybe I will give them another try in hopes that they have come into their own on this new album.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:52 AM
Mennonite
This message has been deleted by Mennonite.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:40 PM   #15
Needs more middle fingers

Aside from a few of their hit songs, ive never been able to get into them. I want to like them more than i do. I'll give this new album a try.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.