Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 10-17-2021, 02:53 PM  
I'll be back.

Let's talk about the Flaming Thumbtacks

I am starting all "talk about" threads until you hear otherwise, given my mojo this week.

We stop the run and avoid turnovers we win. That is all we have to do. Period. Fart. Time.

Discus.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:24 AM   #211
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
As Simms said, look for the Chiefs to continue last week’s defensive strategy. The biggest issue over the first 5 games was not keeping it simple. They were trying to throw too many complicated coverages at teams and weren’t executing well. This led to a lot of breakdowns.

Against Washington, they kept it simple in coverage and blitzed more aggressively. And voila, suddenly they looked like the defense we’ve seen the last two years. It was ludicrous to think that a relatively solid defense turned into a historically bad defense overnight. They were just trying too many new things and were consistently screwing up the details.

Limiting Sorenson’s snaps and moving Jones back to DT are two more important steps to get back to where they need to be.
I just can't believe they didn't do it sooner. They literally expiremented with doing that at the worst time of their schedule in AFC playoff seeding games. I guess you have to try it out for an extended time to let players get the hang of it but damn. I'd have thought by the Bills game they'd have said ok this ain't working and we really want to win this game. Instead they waited till the week after and got embarrassed.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:52 AM   #212
Mammoth penis

Probably already been said but if we win this game the slump is over. If we lose it'll be tough to keep being optimistic for the playoffs. I don't expect us to slow Henry down a bit between the 20's, hopefully our redzone D can at least resemble a professional unit.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 09:15 AM   #213
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
Probably already been said but if we win this game the slump is over. If we lose it'll be tough to keep being optimistic for the playoffs. I don't expect us to slow Henry down a bit between the 20's, hopefully our redzone D can at least resemble a professional unit.
Agreed. I've always been pretty vocal about not giving a shit about September/October football, but of course there's a limit... and 1-4 against playoff-ish teams would definitely be reaching a point of concern for even the most optimistic fans.

There's still a pretty high probability of stringing together a bunch of wins against the garbage teams of the league, but the playoffs become the anything can happen!!!(???) of yesteryear as opposed to the supreme confidence of the past couple seasons.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 10:16 AM   #214
MVP

I don't know anything about ESPN's FPI prediction criteria, but they have the Chiefs favored in every game left and heavy favorites in most.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:45 AM   #215
Fish are scared of me

Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:49 AM   #216
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
I don't know anything about ESPN's FPI prediction criteria, but they have the Chiefs favored in every game left and heavy favorites in most.
I'd be willing to bet they had the Chiefs favored in every loss we had this year...so there's that.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:52 AM   #217
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
I'd be willing to bet they had the Chiefs favored in every loss we had this year...so there's that.
Actually, I think they were dogs vs Baltimore and the Bills, if I remember right. Or maybe very slight favorites in one.

And of course it took a 4-0 turnover advantage for the Chargers to escape with a win.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:05 AM   #218
I'll be back.

We've been here before. The Titans are a one trick pony, old news. We got this.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:36 AM   #219
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
We've been here before. The Titans are a one trick pony, old news. We got this.
A.J., Julio and Ryan would like to have a word with you.
Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:39 AM   #220
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
A.J., Julio and Ryan would like to have a word with you.
Ryan? The Tannehill guy? Who sucks ass this year? I'm supposed to be worried about him after we already proved we had his number last time?

And two receivers with less than 300 yards each, and one TD COMBINED in six games? WHAT?

No, your passing game is a piece of crap. We stop Henry from going thermonuclear and our offense does it's thing, you're toast.

Henry will need over 200 yards rushing to beat the Chiefs.
Old 10-23-2021, 02:31 PM   #221
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Ryan? The Tannehill guy? Who sucks ass this year? I'm supposed to be worried about him after we already proved we had his number last time?

And two receivers with less than 300 yards each, and one TD COMBINED in six games? WHAT?

No, your passing game is a piece of crap. We stop Henry from going thermonuclear and our offense does it's thing, you're toast.

That’s the deal. We can run up and down the field too. Have been doing it for weeks. I still have a sneaky suspicion that the defense comes out on fire tomorrow. A little shakeup is gonna do wonders. After tomorrow’s game, the rest of the AFC will be on notice, and a twinge of doubt will start to develop in opposing fans minds. Here come the Chiefs!!!
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:09 PM   #222
Starter

Quote:

Tannehill isn't 2020 Tannehill. But we couldn't have beaten the Bills without him down the stretch. Besides, it's not like Mahomes is having a perfect year either.

A.J. Brown and Julio Jones have been hurt for much of this season. It's a real problem for production. When they play, our chances skyrocket. If they are both out, then we don't have the depth. That happened in the Jets game where Henry ran for 150+ and we still lost.

We'll at least have A.J. tomorrow so that boosts our chances. What worries me more is our secondary being able to keep up with your guys.

I wouldn't be talking about Henry getting 200 yards. You know very well he can. Don't poke the bear.....er, rhinoceros in this case.
Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.Sevenfeet is not part of the Right 53.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:19 PM   #223
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
Tannehill isn't 2020 Tannehill. But we couldn't have beaten the Bills without him down the stretch. Besides, it's not like Mahomes is having a perfect year either.

A.J. Brown and Julio Jones have been hurt for much of this season. It's a real problem for production. When they play, our chances skyrocket. If they are both out, then we don't have the depth. That happened in the Jets game where Henry ran for 150+ and we still lost.

We'll at least have A.J. tomorrow so that boosts our chances. What worries me more is our secondary being able to keep up with your guys.

I wouldn't be talking about Henry getting 200 yards. You know very well he can. Don't poke the bear.....er, rhinoceros in this case.
I feel like we’re planning on selling out to stop Henry (as much as that’s possible, which hasn’t been much yet) and make Tanny beat us. I think we can take away Brown with our secondary finally getting healthy, and make him find those 2nd and 3rd reads. CJ moving back inside is gonna force Tanny to make quick decisions, cuz he’s gonna run through that OL. Chiefs lead the league in long drives that end in a score, I expect that to stay true. Should be a good game, and I don’t see it being very one sided. But if it comes down to a few clutch plays at the end, I’ll take Mahomes and Reid over Vrabel and Tanny 10/10 times.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 06:25 PM   #224
League circle expert

Patches has really gone downhill since the stardom went to his head. League circles report his work ethic has been lackluster.. maybe the state farm commercials are what he really wants to be known for
Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jeff.Fisher < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 10-23-2021, 06:31 PM   #225
MVP

Man I’m just not really even up for this game. I just don’t see it being competitive, league circles have been saying the Titans window is only being propped open by julios hammy. Yikes.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.