Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 10-05-2021, 05:56 PM  
Champs!

***Official 2021 Major League Baseball Playoff Repository Thread***

Schedule of the MLB 2021 Playoffs can be found below:
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2...ild-card-game/

Last edited by Bearcat; 11-02-2021 at 09:47 PM..
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:31 AM   #406
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
Neither did Bonds. **** them both. I hope Jose Altuve, and every other player that was an Astro during that period (including Charlie Morton on my Braves) gets thrown at every opportunity the opposing team gets until he retires.
Me, OTOH, hope to hell the Cubs are in on Carlos Correa.

Forgive and forget, my friend. Release the hate!

jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 06:13 AM   #407
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Even if the Dodgers make it…we’re a walking MASH unit right now. The Astros winning wouldn’t legitimize shit.
Maybe not in your mind, but to each his own. BTW, didn't the Astros beat your Dodgers in Dodger Stadium in game 7 to win it? The Astros did cheat during the regular season, so I get all the hate. I also think the Stros were better than the Dodgers in 2017 and if they meet again this year in the WS, they'll likely beat them again. You know why? Because they've moved on and your Dodgers, just like you, haven't - and it's getting in the way of what LA is trying to accomplish.
Haters can hate all they want to, but if you can't see how winning it all this year would be some kind of legitimatization for the Stros, then that's your issue.

BTW, I'm in the crowd that thinks they should have been stripped of their WS Title. But MLB felt otherwise, so you can dwell on it, or get over it and play ball. The Stros are playing ball.

Go STROS!

Last edited by TEX; 10-23-2021 at 09:27 AM..
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 10-23-2021, 06:36 AM   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Me, OTOH, hope to hell the Cubs are in on Carlos Correa.

Forgive and forget, my friend. Release the hate!

They need more than Carlos, but he would be a good piece. I still think he stays with the Stros, they're going to have Verlander and Grienki's contract $$$ free to be able to pay Carlos. Plus it's not like they're a small market team. They can play with the big boys if they want to. And it's not really the money that's the problem, it's the length of the contract that he wants. Carlos wants 10 years and the Astros offered 5 (thus far). There is some room there I think. I just don't see them letting him walk in his prime and breaking up the core piece of that team. He's the leader and losing him would set them back. The Astros know if they keep that group together, they,'ll be able to chase titles for years to come. I could be wrong we'll see what happens.

Last edited by TEX; 10-23-2021 at 06:43 AM..
Old 10-23-2021, 06:52 AM   #409
Ultrabanned

I am thankful the Astros ended that awful Boston team's season. They served a purpose. Now I hope their entire roster gets gunned down in that shit-swamp city.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 07:22 AM   #410
In my youth i pray to keep

The Pedsox are gone, so that's all i really had left to root for.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 07:57 AM   #411
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
They need more than Carlos, but he would be a good piece. I still think he stays with the Stros, they're going to have Verlander and Grienki's contract $$$ free to be able to pay Carlos. Plus it's not like they're a small market team. They can play with the big boys if they want to. And it's not really the money that's the problem, it's the length of the contract that he wants. Carlos wants 10 years and the Astros offered 5 (thus far). There is some room there I think. I just don't see them letting him walk in his prime and breaking up the core piece of that team. He's the leader and losing him would set them back. The Astros know if they keep that group together, they,'ll be able to chase titles for years to come. I could be wrong we'll see what happens.
Cubs need a lot of things but they have to start somewhere.

They just traded for Madrigal so hes going to be the 2B of the future. They have Davis in AAA who will probably get a mid season call up for CF. They dont have a SS unless they want to go with Hoerner who pulls a hammy when he ties his shoes, so if they arent in on a SS this offseason then I'll be disappointed, which I'm fully ready to be disappointed. If they get Correa or whoever that would be a pretty good start to a new core.

I'd probably also think about trading the Yankees Contreras and see about buying low on Torres, because the Yankees are most likely going to be in on either Seager or Semien, and grabbing one of their pitching prospects like Yoendrys Gomez. That might be a slight overpay for the Yankees but they need a catcher and there's no better alternative to Contreras available, that I see. I would put Torres at 3B and just hope his power returns because he's still a hitter that has a good understanding of the strike zone. Even if it doesnt the Cubs get 3 years of control and a decent pitching prospect for 1 year of Contreras. Worth the risk, imo. Just need to go out and sign a couple short deals for defensive first catchers like Gomes, Vazquez, Barnhart or some shit til Amaya is ready for his shot.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:18 AM   #412
Would an idiot do that?

Six years ago....

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 09:18 AM   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Cubs need a lot of things but they have to start somewhere.

They just traded for Madrigal so hes going to be the 2B of the future. They have Davis in AAA who will probably get a mid season call up for CF. They dont have a SS unless they want to go with Hoerner who pulls a hammy when he ties his shoes, so if they arent in on a SS this offseason then I'll be disappointed, which I'm fully ready to be disappointed. If they get Correa or whoever that would be a pretty good start to a new core.

I'd probably also think about trading the Yankees Contreras and see about buying low on Torres, because the Yankees are most likely going to be in on either Seager or Semien, and grabbing one of their pitching prospects like Yoendrys Gomez. That might be a slight overpay for the Yankees but they need a catcher and there's no better alternative to Contreras available, that I see. I would put Torres at 3B and just hope his power returns because he's still a hitter that has a good understanding of the strike zone. Even if it doesnt the Cubs get 3 years of control and a decent pitching prospect for 1 year of Contreras. Worth the risk, imo. Just need to go out and sign a couple short deals for defensive first catchers like Gomes, Vazquez, Barnhart or some shit til Amaya is ready for his shot.
Yep. If Carlos is to leave Houston, I would not mind him going to the Cubs. He'd be leaving the AL and be going to a big market team with a great fan base where he would provide immediate help.
Old 10-23-2021, 09:19 AM   #414
Champion Golfer Of The Year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL__pggVdqQ

36 years a go YESTERDAY. Busch Stadium, Game 3 of the 85 WS. Trying to keep from going down 0-3 after losing the first two games AT HOME.

Frank White, hitting 4th in the Royals lineup, hit a titanic HR off Joaquin Andujar. LC field in old Busch Stadium. A place where fly balls died. But this one went way TF out. And deep into the tunnel.

First 2B to hit cleanup in a WS game since Jackie Robinson.

AND 7 years ago yesterday:

https://www.mlb.com/video/infante-ho...lear-c36845543

Omar Comin' - I was sitting down the 1st base line with my son when Omar hammered that ball into the bullpen to ice the game off that pussy Hunter Strickland.

Strickland acted like he wanted a piece of Sal after he crossed the plate in front of Infante. He didn't.

Made the Royals 9-1 in the 2014 post season.

Last edited by WilliamTheIrish; 10-23-2021 at 09:27 AM..
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 10-23-2021, 09:38 AM   #415
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Six years ago....

I watched that and noticed how many sour grapes Blue Jays fans were commenting "the umps! boo hoo! It should've been a balk and then the strike on Revere should've been a ball!" So many cry baby bitches in the sports world.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 09:47 AM   #416
In my youth i pray to keep

Jfc jd1020 turns every ****ing baseball thread into a cubs thread
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:16 AM   #417
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
Jfc jd1020 turns every ****ing baseball thread into a cubs thread
Jfc every Cardinals fan that has periods bitches and complains people like other teams and baseball doesn't revolve around the Cardinals.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:06 AM   #418
Would an idiot do that?

It's just insane the Jays had runners on the corners with nobody out and just needed 1 run off Wade Davis to tie it... and Davis ****ing got out of it.

And that Cain first to home on Hosmer's hit will probably still be in the top 5 sports moments that I've seen live decades (holding a few spots for Mahomes, who's already up there with "the run" against the Titans in the AFCCG).
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:03 PM   #419
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
It's just insane the Jays had runners on the corners with nobody out and just needed 1 run off Wade Davis to tie it... and Davis ****ing got out of it.

And that Cain first to home on Hosmer's hit will probably still be in the top 5 sports moments that I've seen live decades (holding a few spots for Mahomes, who's already up there with "the run" against the Titans in the AFCCG).
That game had so many moments.

Ben Revere made one the most incredible catches I've ever seen live in the inning prior, scaling the LF bullpen gate to keep Salvy's HR (certain double) in the park.

Alex Rios had a huge 2 out hit in the 7th to score Moose and put the Royals up 3-1. Turned out to be a giant run as Bautista hit a mammoth shot off Madsen in the 8th.

And the royals scouts knew they would draw a throw to 2ndB from Bautista if a runner took a wide turn at first. That team was so damn good.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 10-23-2021, 12:18 PM   #420
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
That game had so many moments.

Ben Revere made one the most incredible catches I've ever seen live in the inning prior, scaling the LF bullpen gate to keep Salvy's HR (certain double) in the park.

Alex Rios had a huge 2 out hit in the 7th to score Moose and put the Royals up 3-1. Turned out to be a giant run as Bautista hit a mammoth shot off Madsen in the 8th.

And the royals scouts knew they would draw a throw to 2ndB from Bautista if a runner took a wide turn at first. That team was so damn good.
I was soaking in that play once again, slowing this down to quarter speed.... and at 2:21:28, Jirschele enters the screen and I think he's juuuust starting to wave Cain as soon as he sees where the throw is going.

I was about 6 rows off the field and a bit off center from home plate on the 3rd base side... best seats I've ever had at the K (at a great price just a couple hours before the game).