Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 10-04-2021, 10:53 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Anyone here ever had trauma?

Well besides Chiefs trauma that is (looking at you 2013 Indy playoff collapse).

I’m currently helping my friend who has been in deep trauma for over a month. His dad has Alzheimer’s and a month ago he didn’t know who his son was anymore which has triggered severe PTSD symptoms for my friend. Now I’ve read he’ll likely have triggers sporadically for the rest of his life regarding this.

I would not ever wish this shit on my worst enemy. It’s ****ing horrific.

My friend begins EMDR on Thursday. I’ve read good things about it. If anyone has ever had EMDR let me know.

Hoping for the best
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:54 AM   #2
remember, remember

yep. not fun.
Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 10:56 AM   #3
SuperChiefs

Being married to my ex wife for 5 years changes a man...
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:02 AM   #4
Life is changing..

Yes. My anxiety and depression stem from trauma I experienced when I was younger.

I don't know much about EMDR, but I hope it is helpful for him.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:14 AM   #5
I'll be back.

After the Ravens pantsed us in 2011, yes.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:21 AM   #6
MVP

I think everyone has had trauma in their life. Don't know any thing about EMDR, but it has 4 letters which is never a good thing.

Personally would rather take the Mike Tyson approach of a huge handful of shrooms and see where it landed me.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:36 AM   #7
Andy Reid Supporter

EMDR apparently helps put your past trauma in the past and help reduce triggers and pain so you can move forward with life

Quote:
Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, or EMDR, is a technique that some psychotherapists use to treat people experiencing psychological distress.

How it works

The theory behind EMDR is that traumatic memories make changes in the brain. These changes stop the mind from processing information properly, which causes anxiety and intrusive thoughts.

Experts believe that remembering the traumatic events while performing rapid eye movements allows the brain to process these memories correctly and integrate them into the story of the person’s life.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:36 AM   #8
Starter

EMDR is Eye Movement Desensitizing and Reprocessing. It can help some with PTSD, but it is hit or miss. It's a very simple thing, nothing major. It's a form of hypnosis almost, involving moving eyes back and forth with sounds or taps, usually looking at moving lights. You are supposed to focus on the trauma, and the hypnosis desensitizes you. It can be for a short period after the session, or possibly longer. The science behind it is debated though.
ku_jhawk23 has disabled reputation
Old 10-04-2021, 11:38 AM   #9
left blank intentionally

Nope. I'm perfect, and so are my parents and everyone I've ever come across. Especially my ex-wife.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:43 AM   #10
What's up braj?

I gave Billay’s asshole some trauma last night
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:47 AM   #11
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
I gave Billay’s asshole some trauma last night

I literally came in to post that Billay’s asshole and mouth have absolutely had trauma.

Last edited by staylor26; 10-04-2021 at 11:55 AM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:50 AM   #12
legend

Just off the top of my head, yes. There were some things. I coped with it by using drugs and causing others trauma. Then I stopped, and now I cope with it by trying to help others and overworking myself. Best wishes to your friend.
KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 12:25 PM   #13
The talking stonehead

I have a very good friend who is a therapist for an inner city school district dealing with very traumatic cases in teenagers and she swears by EMDR. It’s a process, and you have to believe in it yourself or you’ll never actually put in the effort needed to pull some of those memories from wherever you locked them away in your brain. Best of luck to your friend. Tell them to just believe in the process and be open to it all. Not sure how old he is, but I know the older generations have a little fear and skepticism towards any kind of therapy so it’s wonderful to hear that they’re taking the correct steps to try and get better instead of just trying to cope with what’s going on.

Edit: She also showed me a song by NF called “Mansions”. I’m on my phone so I can’t embed but here’s the link and some of my favorite lyrics in the spoiler that really resonate to me about locking memories away and how that affects your mindset later in life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF5QE3-ox4o
Spoiler!

Last edited by POND_OF_RED; 10-04-2021 at 12:41 PM..
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:53 PM   #14
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED View Post
I have a very good friend who is a therapist for an inner city school district dealing with very traumatic cases in teenagers and she swears by EMDR. It’s a process, and you have to believe in it yourself or you’ll never actually put in the effort needed to pull some of those memories from wherever you locked them away in your brain. Best of luck to your friend. Tell them to just believe in the process and be open to it all. Not sure how old he is, but I know the older generations have a little fear and skepticism towards any kind of therapy so it’s wonderful to hear that they’re taking the correct steps to try and get better instead of just trying to cope with what’s going on.
Reading into this, there's clearly a lot of pseudoscience involved...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:55 PM   #15
Mama Tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtCobain View Post
Just off the top of my head, yes. There were some things. I coped with it by using drugs and causing others trauma. Then I stopped, and now I cope with it by trying to help others and overworking myself. Best wishes to your friend.
Same
MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.